+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1346Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

wait is Sherri still on the view?? I heard that she was suppose to get the axe.
    Think Before You Act...."We Were Here All Together Yesterday" Stole Stole Stole

What bothers me is that McCain's tactics seem to be working. We shouldn't even be talking about Ayers, Wright, Keating 5, Cindy's addictions, etc. because "IT'S THE ECONOMY, STUPID!!"
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Why in the heck is Babs so shocked that the election has gotten dirty, dredging past stuff? Does that not happen every election?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3213247;
    Me too! I was in the other room and heard EH tell Sherri she was taking this 'too personally' and that she needed to 'relax' Oooookay....isn't that how EH is 99% of the time when discussing politics?

Again, this is how EH is 99% of the time when discussing politics.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus
    And I agree with you. One of the great benefits to having either a black or a female president would be to overcome that first hurdle of "oh, we're not ready for a black/female president". In all honesty, though my tendencies are to the left, if I lived in the U.S. and, say, Colin Powell were running against, say, Joe Biden, I might be inclined to vote for Colin Powell, in part because I actually respect him and in part because I think it is very, very important that this hurdle be leapt over soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3213175;
    There is no hurdle IMO.
    I'm still dumbfounded by this statement. You honestly believe that there is no hurdle that a black man or any female has to leap over in this day and age? Seriously?????????

And Rattus... I admire Colin Powell nearly to the point of political insanity.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3213243;
    It is shame more people are not idealistic like Elisabeth, with her standards.

But if you want idiotic, just look down to the Joy/Whoopi end of the table.
    There's a difference between being idealistic and being narrow-minded. I don't see idealism in EH, I see a continuous, dogged attempt to discredit Barack Obama. I think that perhaps Fox News is the best place for her after all, because she's clearly not interested in a balanced discussion of the issues at hand. Talking about the upcoming election on this show is an utter waste of time on both the panel's part and the viewer's part, and I will not watch any longer until it's over.

You know, EH's actions on the program never really made an impression on me until today. Rude, sure, but so is Joy. You know, EH was given a wonderful opportunity by The View. Without the show, she is just another over-exposed former reality show contestant. She's not a proven and talented entertainer, like Whoopi, or a journalist of long-standing like Barbara. Given the forum that she has to express herself, she had a golden opportunity to provide balanced and intelligent discussion of the conservative viewpoint. She had a career in television freaking gift-wrapped and handed to her, and she could have presented her opinions in a way that would have made people listen to her and maybe even take her seriously. Instead, she has chosen to be shrill, condescending, muck-raking, and tiresome.

I'm beyond disappointed in the show. I sincerely doubt Barbara Walters' original intent was to host a roundtable of sniping women who can't have a calm, level-headed, intelligent discussion about the U.S. presidential election.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Babs kills the show to me. It is better when she is elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3213258;
    I understand Elisabeth perfectly, when they actually let her speak without rudely interrupting her.

What? Because EH never interrupts people? Riiiiight.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3213213;
    I loved watching Sherri go off on Elisabeth! It doesn't happen often, but when it does....WOW!! Sherri is developing an opinion and a voice!! I think it says something when even Sherri starts seeing the inanity of some of Elisabeth's rants.

Can't blame this one on Joy!!
    WOW.... I just watched today's Hot Topics and I just have to say.... Go Sherri!!!

Sherri Shepherd, even before her tirade about how McCain treated his first wife, sounded more intelligent in her rebuttals to Elisabeth's ongoing Obama attacks than Elisabeth has in the years of politics I've seen her attempt to defend. Newfound respect for Sherri today.

The incessant eyerolling and tongue in cheek gestures that Elisabeth was making today were childish. And the fact that, after her boss expressly states to get away from the mud slinging, she dives right back into dishing misleading half and untruths about Democrats being the ones to "push" subprime loans... She really needs to back away from the table for awhile. Time to take a vacation.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3213509;
    The incessant eyerolling and tongue in cheek gestures that Elisabeth was making today were childish. And the fact that, after her boss expressly states to get away from the mud slinging, she dives right back into dishing misleading half and untruths about Democrats being the ones to "push" subprime loans... She really needs to back away from the table for awhile. Time to take a vacation.
    Permanent vacation from television. I can dream, right?

+ Reply to Thread