+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

Who can leave politics alone in this day and age? Certainly not the ladies on The View! I'm telling you, sometimes the truth hurts.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3213175;
    There is no hurdle IMO.

But after Senator McCain wins, I would love to see Governor Palin at the top of the ticket in eight years.

But back to The View, I can't believe Babs thinks a candidates past does not matter.

And I also can't believe they are having that gross Sarah Silverman on again.

If you are waiting for McCain to win then you are in for a VERY long wait.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3213204;
    Which part of her tirade was twisted?
    She was screeching like a banshee so you couldn't half understand her.

What went on between a POW and his wife upon his return from imprisonment is no one's business but their own. It is understandable that the relationship would have suffered. After all he went through, I don't think it is fair to judge him for changing.

The first wife has gone on record as supporting him for President so there must not be any ill will on her part after all these years.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3213219;
    What went on between a POW and his wife upon his return from imprisonment is no one's business but their own. It is understandable that the relationship would have suffered. After all he went through, I don't think it is fair to judge him for changing.

The first wife has gone on record as supporting him for President so there must not be any ill will on her part after all these years.
    No, but it is fair to judge John McCain based on his words and explanations for that time in his life. John McCain has admitted that he was largely at fault for the failure of his first marriage. He's admitted to his wife being disfigured in an accident played in to that. As he's characterized it is fair to judge, and plays in to the full picture of who he is. That said, John McCain has also been very open about how dramatically he's changed character-wise since his spoiled, self-involved younger years. So in judging the content of his character, the bad parts should be judged, but they should be judged as part of the entire picture -- not the only part. And as you said, McCain's ex-wife (and mother of 3 of his children) has endorsed his candidacy, which is an indicator as to how the man has grown and changed.

So the one area where EH can see shades of grey is fidelity? There are acceptable reasons for cheating that can be overlooked? Good to know that her world view isn't entirely in black and white. I do wonder where the tipping point is, though. Spouse has cancer - acceptable to cheat or not? Tough day at the ofifce - acceptable to cheat or not? Spouse is cheating - acceptable to cheat or not?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Elisabeth is very idealistic and I admire her for that.

But what does that have to do with Sherri's screeching half truths?
    We were talking about Sherri.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If these were so called "half truths", maybe she learned that technique from her buddy, Elisabeth.

And idealistic is not far from idiotic. Just a matter of degrees, I suspect.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

It is shame more people are not idealistic like Elisabeth, with her standards.

But if you want idiotic, just look down to the Joy/Whoopi end of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3213213;
    I loved watching Sherri go off on Elisabeth!
    Me too! I was in the other room and heard EH tell Sherri she was taking this 'too personally' and that she needed to 'relax' Oooookay....isn't that how EH is 99% of the time when discussing politics?

She was screeching like a banshee so you couldn't half understand her.
    Again, this is how EH is 99% of the time when discussing politics.

FORT Fogey

I understand Elisabeth perfectly, when they actually let her speak without rudely interrupting her.

+ Reply to Thread