+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

I fully believe Sherri is supporting Obama for one reason and one reason only. Who can forget her conversations with Jeffrey that she told us about?

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3213058;
    I fully believe Sherri is supporting Obama for one reason and one reason only. Who can forget her conversations with Jeffrey that she told us about?
    But she had completely changed that stance once Palin came on the scene. I truly believe that Sherri is trying to educate herself during this election, and I respect her for that. As time goes on, she goes back and forth and admits that she is still studying and learning. If she ends up voting for Obama, it won't be solely because of his color. And the same holds true if she votes for McCain, it won't be solely because Palin is a woman. I'm not saying those won't be factors, but I have a feeling she is really trying to do the right thing.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And even if Sherri does vote for Obama because of his color, there is nothing wrong with that. Many, many people will vote for him because of his color, because it is an enormous historic occasion that has never been seriously faced in this country before. There are people in this country who share his color who never thought they'd see a black man leading the charge toward the presidency, and they want to be a part of it. OK by me, and not unreasonable in my eyes! When you think back to the negative history of slavery, it makes even more sense.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3213139;
    And even if Sherri does vote for Obama because of his color, there is nothing wrong with that. Many, many people will vote for him because of his color, because it is an enormous historic occasion that has never been seriously faced in this country before. There are people in this country who share his color who never thought they'd see a black man leading the charge toward the presidency, and they want to be a part of it. OK by me, and not unreasonable in my eyes! When you think back to the negative history of slavery, it makes even more sense.
    Likewise, there are also people that unfortunately will not vote for him because of his color.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3213139;
    And even if Sherri does vote for Obama because of his color, there is nothing wrong with that.
    There is plenty wrong with that IMO.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3213163;
    There is plenty wrong with that IMO.
    I disagree. While I agree with the ideal that people should never be judged by the color of their skin, I can understand why in this case, it's different. I've heard some (including Elisabeth) make the point that if a white person said they were voting for McCain it would be bad, so doing the same for Obama must also be bad. The problem there, which both Whoopi and Sherri have talked about in depth, is that we've had 43 white presidents ... so it's not a direct comparison. As much as Sherri has talked about how meaningful it is to her to point to Obama and tell her son "look, you can do that too", I think that if she supports Obama because he's black, she's doing so with the right motivations, and not some sort of white hatred. honestly, I think that's why she's been so positive about Palin as well ... because as a woman she can look at her and say "Look, girls can do it too!"

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3213168;
    I disagree. While I agree with the ideal that people should never be judged by the color of their skin, I can understand why in this case, it's different.
    And I agree with you. One of the great benefits to having either a black or a female president would be to overcome that first hurdle of "oh, we're not ready for a black/female president". In all honesty, though my tendencies are to the left, if I lived in the U.S. and, say, Colin Powell were running against, say, Joe Biden, I might be inclined to vote for Colin Powell, in part because I actually respect him and in part because I think it is very, very important that this hurdle be leapt over soon.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

There is no hurdle IMO.

But after Senator McCain wins, I would love to see Governor Palin at the top of the ticket in eight years.

But back to The View, I can't believe Babs thinks a candidates past does not matter.

And I also can't believe they are having that gross Sarah Silverman on again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3212643;
    She doesn't give her a chance they all just rant hold their hands up to EH till they are thru then when she tried to talk they pepper her with interrupting put down questions. EH and all of them are guilty of talking and interrupting but Whoopi was rude today she went on and on and kept telling EH I know you have a lot to say and I will get to you but they never let EH finish her own "rant".

EH does the same exact thing, constantly, to the 4 other women. Not just once in awhile. Did notice that EH had her eyes rolled with her head turned up in the air while waiting for her turn like a spoiled brat!!
    Last edited by graycat11; 10-07-2008 at 11:43 AM.

FORT Fogey

Didn't notice that at all.

But I did notice the liberal four getting all up in arms.

+ Reply to Thread