+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #5131
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,859

    Re: The View

    I fully believe Sherri is supporting Obama for one reason and one reason only. Who can forget her conversations with Jeffrey that she told us about?

  2. #5132
    FORT Fogey Margaritaville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,857

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3213058;
    I fully believe Sherri is supporting Obama for one reason and one reason only. Who can forget her conversations with Jeffrey that she told us about?
    But she had completely changed that stance once Palin came on the scene. I truly believe that Sherri is trying to educate herself during this election, and I respect her for that. As time goes on, she goes back and forth and admits that she is still studying and learning. If she ends up voting for Obama, it won't be solely because of his color. And the same holds true if she votes for McCain, it won't be solely because Palin is a woman. I'm not saying those won't be factors, but I have a feeling she is really trying to do the right thing.

  3. #5133
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,190

    Re: The View

    And even if Sherri does vote for Obama because of his color, there is nothing wrong with that. Many, many people will vote for him because of his color, because it is an enormous historic occasion that has never been seriously faced in this country before. There are people in this country who share his color who never thought they'd see a black man leading the charge toward the presidency, and they want to be a part of it. OK by me, and not unreasonable in my eyes! When you think back to the negative history of slavery, it makes even more sense.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  4. #5134
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3213139;
    And even if Sherri does vote for Obama because of his color, there is nothing wrong with that. Many, many people will vote for him because of his color, because it is an enormous historic occasion that has never been seriously faced in this country before. There are people in this country who share his color who never thought they'd see a black man leading the charge toward the presidency, and they want to be a part of it. OK by me, and not unreasonable in my eyes! When you think back to the negative history of slavery, it makes even more sense.
    Likewise, there are also people that unfortunately will not vote for him because of his color.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

  5. #5135
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,859

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3213139;
    And even if Sherri does vote for Obama because of his color, there is nothing wrong with that.
    There is plenty wrong with that IMO.

  6. #5136
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3213163;
    There is plenty wrong with that IMO.
    I disagree. While I agree with the ideal that people should never be judged by the color of their skin, I can understand why in this case, it's different. I've heard some (including Elisabeth) make the point that if a white person said they were voting for McCain it would be bad, so doing the same for Obama must also be bad. The problem there, which both Whoopi and Sherri have talked about in depth, is that we've had 43 white presidents ... so it's not a direct comparison. As much as Sherri has talked about how meaningful it is to her to point to Obama and tell her son "look, you can do that too", I think that if she supports Obama because he's black, she's doing so with the right motivations, and not some sort of white hatred. honestly, I think that's why she's been so positive about Palin as well ... because as a woman she can look at her and say "Look, girls can do it too!"

  7. #5137
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3213168;
    I disagree. While I agree with the ideal that people should never be judged by the color of their skin, I can understand why in this case, it's different.
    And I agree with you. One of the great benefits to having either a black or a female president would be to overcome that first hurdle of "oh, we're not ready for a black/female president". In all honesty, though my tendencies are to the left, if I lived in the U.S. and, say, Colin Powell were running against, say, Joe Biden, I might be inclined to vote for Colin Powell, in part because I actually respect him and in part because I think it is very, very important that this hurdle be leapt over soon.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  8. #5138
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,859

    Re: The View

    There is no hurdle IMO.

    But after Senator McCain wins, I would love to see Governor Palin at the top of the ticket in eight years.

    But back to The View, I can't believe Babs thinks a candidates past does not matter.

    And I also can't believe they are having that gross Sarah Silverman on again.

  9. #5139
    FORT Fogey graycat11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,599

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3212643;
    She doesn't give her a chance they all just rant hold their hands up to EH till they are thru then when she tried to talk they pepper her with interrupting put down questions. EH and all of them are guilty of talking and interrupting but Whoopi was rude today she went on and on and kept telling EH I know you have a lot to say and I will get to you but they never let EH finish her own "rant".

    EH does the same exact thing, constantly, to the 4 other women. Not just once in awhile. Did notice that EH had her eyes rolled with her head turned up in the air while waiting for her turn like a spoiled brat!!
    Last edited by graycat11; 10-07-2008 at 11:43 AM.

  10. #5140
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,859

    Re: The View

    Didn't notice that at all.

    But I did notice the liberal four getting all up in arms.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.