+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1627Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3212947;
    and most of the time, it is someone else's agenda that she is trying to bring up. The TWIT has no thoughts of her own. She is just a RW puppet and can't even be bothered to check her facts. She is wrong all the time. If Ayers was such a horrible man, why then did he never serve jail time or have a conviction? McCain was censured in the senate for the Keating 5 and she won't mention that fact will she? Cindy McCain is a pill poppin' husband stealing viper and she won't bring that up either

But, but, but he was found not guilty, that maverick! Not guilty by a group of his Joe six-pack friends. You betcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3212951;
    But, but, but he was found not guilty, that maverick! Not guilty by a group of his Joe six-pack friends. You betcha.

by gosh golly gee willikers

EH is like all winky dinky good

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3212774;
    Elisabeth had plenty of facts backing up the connection.
    Actually, she didn't. It was yet another case of Elisabeth spewing the Republican talking points without actual knowledge of what she was talking about. And, just as the McCain campaign wants, people that actually like Elisabeth believe it hook, line, and sinker.

All Elisabeth managed to accuse Obama of was going to a party at Ayers' house. She doesn't mentioned when the party was, what the party was, and who it was for. Because they are all very relevant.

Barack Obama went to a party for the woman that he was succeeding as State Senator in 1995. The party in her honor was yes, at Ayers' house. So... 13 years ago this young man was supposed to say "sorry, Betty, I'd love to come celebrate your retirement but I just don't much care for how the host acted 25 years ago"????? I don't think that's remotely reasonable, and I don't think it's something that can be equated to "Obama palling around with terrorists."

But yeah.. Elisabeth got the only fact right in her statement.. he went to a party at Ayers' house. Everything else that she stated after that about that connection was pure innuendo.

Whoopi got it more correct when she said that we can connect all of these candidates to someone shady. Unfortunately, that's the nature of politics and those that surround the activities. There are politicians that have people around them that have done something shady... and then there are politicians that have actually done something shady.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Thank you, Broadway. People don't have to go far to get the truth about this, but apparently it's easier to swallow the spoon-fed hysterics from partisan media. The news accounts of Obama and Ayers the EXPLAIN the circumstances of their interactions, which are harmless to say the least. The next time I volunteer for a nonprofit board or attend attend a neighborhood block watch meeting I'll have to make sure to vet other participants. The whole thing is beyond absurd, and I can't believe it's gaining ANY traction.

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3212965;
    Thank you, Broadway. People don't have to go far to get the truth about this, but apparently it's easier to swallow the spoon-fed hysterics from partisan media. The news accounts of Obama and Ayers the EXPLAIN the circumstances of their interactions, which are harmless to say the least. The next time I volunteer for a nonprofit board or attend attend a neighborhood block watch meeting I'll have to make sure to vet other participants. The whole thing is beyond absurd, and I can't believe it's gaining ANY traction.
    Be sure you do that. You wouldn't want any questions later.

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3212965;
    when the RW idiots have a cutse widdle twit to spew their crap people fall all over themselves to believe it and perpetuate it on as we can clearly see. EH is a puppet and a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3212969;
    when the RW idiots have a cutse widdle twit to spew their crap people fall all over themselves to believe it and perpetuate it on as we can clearly see. EH is a puppet and a tool.
    It's a shame because, as we've discussed at length in this thread many times, there are any number of good, solid Republican women that could easily join this show and get more respect from the other panel members and the public. Elisabeth has summarily destroyed any respect that many (most?) people used to have for her. I think at this point it's a losing cause and at least 3 out of the 4 other women tolerate her at best. Sherri is a malleable woman, and even she lost her patience with Elisabeth today.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

When Sherri comes off as the smart one, it is time for EH to hang it up

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3212971;
    It's a shame because, as we've discussed at length in this thread many times, there are any number of good, solid Republican women that could easily join this show and get more respect from the other panel members and the public. Elisabeth has summarily destroyed any respect that many (most?) people used to have for her.
    I totally agree, even though I don't agree with the current Republican views there have been guests on the show that have been an excellent representation of that viewpoint. Elisabeth unfortunately is not but is doing a fine job of representing the idiocy that is currently being portrayed by the party she wholeheartedly supports.

I shouldn't be surprised but EH continues to astound me with her blind allegiance to McCain/Palin. For someone in the entertainment industry you would think she would have lost her naivety years ago. Supporting a party does not mean supporting their every word or decision, it's unfortunate she doesn't understand this. If she could she may find the ability to engage in a balanced debate.

I loved Sherri's comment that her assumption was that a debate was the forum to ask & answer specific questions after listening to Elisabeth go on about how she 'loved' how Palin refused to answer questions and instead use the forum to let everyone 'get to know her'. What's the smilie for snort?

Interesting Elisabeth had no comment on Tina Fey's portrayal of Palin, just a few eye rolls and faces.

The discussion on terrorists, BW says Obama's connection to Ayers was in the past, brought up before nominations were set and that it was in the past so shouldn't matter. Then Elisabeth pipes up "it was in the past, it's important" - but only of course if it applies to Obama or Biden. The only part of McCain's past allowed is overglorified retellings of his POW days. Nothing else is important.

Then she goes on to say smearing is okay because it's "the truth" and that Palin is an open book while Obama has been hiding his terrorist connections. I don't know what I find more frightening - the fact that she spouts this crap on TV and will have others following her lead or the fact that she obviously believes it to be the gospel truth.

I was glad that Barbara said something about Sarah bringing the baby to all the events. I have no problem with Sarah being on the road. I do have a problem, however, when a Down's Syndrome baby is out and on a stage at a very late hour and with so many people and so much noise going on. That is not at all beneficial for a DS baby.

I thought when they added Sheri to the show it was because she was more conservative like Elisabeth. I still think she is pretty conservative, overall, so I do think it was a wise decision. It would also help Elisabeth's cause by serving as a counterpoint to the other women's political perspective. I just don't think the producers ever expected Sheri to support Obama and not McCain in this election.

+ Reply to Thread