+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

Very desperate.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Elizabeth is an idiot.
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

Elisabeth bases all of her comments on her own opinions or others' opinions, not facts.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3212774;
    Elisabeth had plenty of facts backing up the connection.
    Like the fact that Obama was 8 years old when Ayers committed his offenses? Oh that's right, she claimed that, that fact was irrelevant. The fact that it was 40 years ago and he was a child, means absolutely nothing.

And of course McCains involvement in the Keating 5 was irrelevant. As was the fact that he was an adult, a government official and he knew exactly what he was doing.

Her view on right and wrong is so off base it's scary. As is her inability to admit McCain is not God and has made his share of mistakes.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3212593;
    too bad those "facts" are hannity's fantasies and lies but of course the TWIT would take them as gospel

what did she say about Keating 5 and cindy's pill popping? Just as relevant
    lol exactly. all you have to do to know elisabeth's talking points for the day is to watch fox news and read snippets of palin's speeches. she hasn't had an original thought in awhile.

i actually felt for her when rosie was on there. lol i even emailed her a few times to tell her to speak up for herself. i also told her i didn't agree with her on most things but still felt her voice needed to be heard.

this season elisabeth is just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3212605;
    Not even remotely close to the point. Obama shouldn't be held accountable for any of those men's actions even if they happened last week, the point is that he should be accountable for his CHOICE to surround himself with people who have participated in such heinous acts and behaviors without remorse no matter how much time has gone by. Obama knew all their actions and makes the choice to have them in his life as friends, advisors, funders etc. It absolutely 100% goes to show his lack of judgement.

And I am sorry but the it is not Hannity's imagination those men did all of the things they are accused of even William Ayers says he doesn't regret his actions and wishes he did more. Rev Wright , well, we have all seen the footage and I don't think Hannity made that up and there are of course the convictions on Rescoe can't make those up either. Obama has had to denounce all of them and distance himself from them all too!
    But we can't let EH have the same amount of time to say all that because the other four have to spend the time exhalting Obama and attacking EH because she has the audicity to differ from them. Barbara was really stretching it today when she griped about the baby being there! Seriously!

again I say the Keating 5 scandel, the pill popping Cindy scandel, Palin's hubby's ties with a domestic terrorist, Palin's pastor who drives "witches" out...if EH is going to be all knowing, she needs to bring those up too, but we know she won't

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3212644;
    I don't think that Barbara was out of line to express that concern. It seems that many women have questioned whether Palin's decision to accept the VP nom is in the best interest of her youngest son.
    While I believe there is a biblical injunction to keep popping them out, I can't recall if there is anything in there requiring mom to actually give a rat's ass about the end product.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

In watching today's show, I noticed a bit of a double standard among the cast where Elisabeth is concerned ... and it's not the first time I've noticed it. When they were discussing whether or not it was right for Trig to be at the debate (I agree with Whoopi, but I think it was a valid point for discussion), Sherri said something about needing to acclmate a child to the time zone he or she is in, and Elisabeth made a sarcastic quip about being a bad mom ... every woman at the table raised a hand and said "She did not say that". In the heated discussion with Barbara last week, the same thing happened -- Elisabeth made a sarcastic remark about Palin not having an ivy league education, and again, hands went up with a "no one is saying that".

Now Joy makes sarcastic remarks all the time ... they laugh. Whoopi does it from time to time ... they laugh. Sherri does it ... they laugh. Obviously, they're all comediennes and Elisabeth is not. But as far as I'm aware, there's no rule that says Elisabeth is not allowed to crack jokes because she's not professionally trained. I think it would help ease the tensions if they'd allow Elisabeth to play by the same rules the rest of them do.

And as much as I love Whoopi, and usually love her moderating, I've got to say she sucked the big one in the second segment today. She went on and on and on in her monologue about the Obama / Ayers thing, eating up all the time in the segment. I rewound it to make sure I was being accurate, and the ONLY times Elisabeth tried to chime in was when Whoopi paused and it appeard she was done ... but she' kept on going on and on on and on. Then as Elisabeth started to respond, they all jumped on her comments, interrupting, and then poof! Time was up.

Elisabeth was practically jumping out of her chair to speak. It was apparent that she wasn't even listening to Whoopi. It is extremely rude to not even appear as though you are listening to your "friend" while they are making a point. You know, as opposed to practically piddling yourself because you are so excited to speak. And if we want to go there, I bet if we added up all of the time (in minutes) each one of those women has been allowed to go on and on... the overwhelming winner would be EH. She speaks more often and for longer periods of time than any of them.
    Last edited by Margaritaville; 10-06-2008 at 10:53 PM.

and most of the time, it is someone else's agenda that she is trying to bring up. The TWIT has no thoughts of her own. She is just a RW puppet and can't even be bothered to check her facts. She is wrong all the time. If Ayers was such a horrible man, why then did he never serve jail time or have a conviction? McCain was censured in the senate for the Keating 5 and she won't mention that fact will she? Cindy McCain is a pill poppin' husband stealing viper and she won't bring that up either

+ Reply to Thread