+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1427Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

What happened (EH, baby, and BW)?

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3212622;
    Barbara brought up the fact that Palin had her infant son up past 11pm on the night of the debate. She was shown on television holding him after the debate, and Barbara just said that although it was irrelevant (I'm not verbatim here ) it really bothered her that the baby was kept up so late at night.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3212622;

EH was ragging on Obama, while the other 3 women were defending him. Even BW seems to be losing patience, she give EH a chance to back up her statements but EH doesn't.

FORT Fanatic

She doesn't give her a chance they all just rant hold their hands up to EH till they are thru then when she tried to talk they pepper her with interrupting put down questions. EH and all of them are guilty of talking and interrupting but Whoopi was rude today she went on and on and kept telling EH I know you have a lot to say and I will get to you but they never let EH finish her own "rant".

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3212632;
    Barbara brought up the fact that Palin had her infant son up past 11pm on the night of the debate. She was shown on television holding him after the debate, and Barbara just said that although it was irrelevant (I'm not verbatim here ) it really bothered her that the baby was kept up so late at night.
    Oh, thanks. I thought the comments here were about EH's baby being "at work".

I don't think that Barbara was out of line to express that concern. It seems that many women have questioned whether Palin's decision to accept the VP nom is in the best interest of her youngest son.

Anyone else notice how quickly Elisabeth was "very concerned" about the candidate's (read -- Obama) past acquiantances, and yet glossed right over the Keating 5 scandal? She obviously isn't concerned about that "lack of good judgement" on her man's part. It just doesn't make sense, and BW was trying to at least get Elisabeth to acknowledge it. But in typical Elisabeth fashion, she just continued to ignore everyone else's points and screech about hers. She is just so juvenile in her debate skills, it is increasingly hard to watch. I am about ready to watch with the mute button on.

If she wants to make past associations relevent - then she needs to do it across the board. The crazy part? McCain was actually involved in the Keating 5; and Obama was 8 years old when Bill Ayers participated in the "Days of Rage". If she has a valid response to how these things are different, I would love to hear it. Sincerely. But I cannot hear what she is saying when she is just screeching and saying his name over and over again.
    Last edited by Margaritaville; 10-06-2008 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3212644;
    Oh, thanks. I thought the comments here were about EH's baby being "at work".

I don't think that Barbara was out of line to express that concern. It seems that many women have questioned whether Palin's decision to accept the VP nom is in the best interest of her youngest son.
    Exactly. And yet, we are considered sexist if we bring up our concerns. As a mother, I can't help but wonder how she could possibly do it all. I am NOT saying it isn't possible, but I do wonder since it just would be so out of the realm of possibility for me to balance all of that. Having said that, I am apparently not alone in my wondering. Here is an article from a mother in Phoenix that also has a Down Syndrome child. Pretty interesting point of view.

As a working mom with a child with Down syndrome, Sarah Palin makes me shriek - News - Phoenix New Timespage 1 - Phoenix New Times

Yes, I did notice yet another occurence of EH's hyprocrisy. But I think I managed to glean out of her shrieking today that the main issue about Ayers is that he does not feel remorse for his actions 40 years ago.

I do have to say, though, that I think it was poor judgment on Obama's part to accept campaign funding from Ayers. Regardless whether anyone thinks it was "wrong, immoral", it was definitely not wise, considering the backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3212648;
    Exactly. And yet, we are considered sexist if we bring up our concerns. As a mother, I can't help but wonder how she could possibly do it all. I am NOT saying it isn't possible, but I do wonder since it just would be so out of the realm of possibility for me to balance all of that. Having said that, I am apparently not alone in my wondering. Here is an article from a mother in Phoenix that also has a Down Syndrome child. Pretty interesting point of view.

As a working mom with a child with Down syndrome, Sarah Palin makes me shriek - News - Phoenix New Timespage 1 - Phoenix New Times
    I'll go read that. But, one doesn't have to be a mother to question this issue. To me, it's a no-brainer, a big "duh".

I have to hope that the siblings and father are filling in Sarah's blanks, and who knows, maybe they have nannies or even medical professional help.
    Last edited by VelvetRed; 10-06-2008 at 07:18 PM. Reason: important typo

I do have to say, though, that I think it was poor judgment on Obama's part to accept campaign funding from Ayers. Regardless whether anyone thinks it was "wrong, immoral", it was definitely not wise, considering the backlash.
    I agree completely!

Plus, it just seems like common sense to me that a special needs infant/child would benefit from (if not require) consistency, and a non-chaotic environment.

+ Reply to Thread