+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 1101 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051525354555657585960611011515511051 ... LastLast
Like Tree1426Likes

Thread: The View

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    And for the last time... I never understood with the obsession with how Star lost weight. She has done the right thing by keeping her mouth shut. Plus the whole thing with Al is old... she obviously adores that man... I don't know why people don't let it go. She has to live with him... so who cares that he is a little bit of a Momma's boy... hahaha!

If there is one thing that truly annoys me is when anyone media worthy loose's weight... cough*Oprah*cough .... and starts talking about it as if they have the cure. Then they have to sit there and look stupid a year later when you have packed back on 50 pounds. cough*Oprah*cough.
    The issue with Star's weight was the fact that she tried to pretend to the world that she lost weight through good old fashioned diet and exercise. That's a load of bunk and that does more damage than telling people how you lost it. It's a personal decision, sure, but don't make it out to be something it wasn't.

And the issue with Al was never "Al" and him being a momma's boy or whatever he might be. The issue was that she talked about him incessantly and she also bragged incessantly about all of the freebies that she demanded for her wedding and wedding guests. That's where she lost all respect from the viewers and her ratings started to go down. I don't blame Barbara or the other producers of the show wanting to get rid of her. You get rid of dead weight and Star and her negative publicity had become dead weight.

Kathie Lee suffered the same problems towards the end of her reign on Regis and Kathie Lee. People had grown so tired of her talking non-stop about Cody and Cassidy that she suffered from low, low ratings.

Goodbye, Star! Why in the world would the show want her back for the next month when she was trashing them? Good riddance to bad rubbish!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I'd like to see Star host a show with nothing but hot topics, cutting the trivial fluff that The View throws in.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    I just saw the clip of Star's announcement ..What's this BS about Barbra saying she "didn't expect this to happen"?? BALONEY! Barbra is the Executive Producer of 'The View', not only would she have known about Star getting the boot, but it was probably ultimatley her decision! Old liar!

Yes, I laughed at one report I read where Barbara said something like she TRIED to save Star's job. If Barbara wanted Star there, Star would be right there, believe me.

I don't particularly care for Star but I feel that the whole thing was poorly handled. Why didn't they have a meeting with her and tell her that they weren't going to renew her contract, and why? Then let her leave on her own terms and not make her out to be some hysterical jerk.

I feel that Elisabeth will be next to leave, and soon, then with only Barbara, Joy and Rosie, will it still be anything like "The View" that many people liked? I still say that they should just pack it in right now and save the humiliation later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    The issue with Star's weight was the fact that she tried to pretend to the world that she lost weight through good old fashioned diet and exercise. That's a load of bunk and that does more damage than telling people how you lost it. It's a personal decision, sure, but don't make it out to be something it wasn't.

And the issue with Al was never "Al" and him being a momma's boy or whatever he might be. The issue was that she talked about him incessantly and she also bragged incessantly about all of the freebies that she demanded for her wedding and wedding guests. That's where she lost all respect from the viewers and her ratings started to go down. I don't blame Barbara or the other producers of the show wanting to get rid of her. You get rid of dead weight and Star and her negative publicity had become dead weight.

Kathie Lee suffered the same problems towards the end of her reign on Regis and Kathie Lee. People had grown so tired of her talking non-stop about Cody and Cassidy that she suffered from low, low ratings.

Goodbye, Star! Why in the world would the show want her back for the next month when she was trashing them? Good riddance to bad rubbish!
    Yeah, she lost all of it doing pilates. lol

One of my favorite morning radio shows said that Star should not let a fat man (Rosie) run her away from her job! I almost had to pull over!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Anyone watching today's show yet? It seems that the gloves are really off, now.

All they need now is for 1 person to call in sick! And, personally, I thought Star left with dignity, and simply did it her way. Babs is pissed because she was blindsided.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Anyone watching today's show yet? It seems that the gloves are really off, now.

No, What happened?....my station pre-empted due to the flooding in the east coast

What's going on, Muduh? I imagine they're talking about it.. but who is there? Just Joy, Barbara, and Elizabeth?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Yes, just the three. Barbara made a little speech which I considered very bitchy. She said that Star knew in April that her contract was not to be renewed. Barbara tried to "protect" her and hoped that she would find another job and announce that she was leaving. She also said that Star's popularity had plummeted, not that word, but same meaning, before they decided not to renew the contract. She then said that The View Made Star and Star helped to make The View.

AND, unless I'm mistaken, Star was already off the opening credit, picture, thing.

+ Reply to Thread