+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree977Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3210475;
    I do like EH, even though I don't always agree with her. However, I do feel she really blew it today. After they aired the Katie Couric interview where Katie asked Sarah Palin what newspapers and magazines she read.......Elizabeth defended Ms. Palin and said that...'she did not want to give an endorsement to any newspaper or magazine and that is why she did not answer'. That was a ludicrous statement. As I've remarked before, when I, myself, was asked the same question on a job interview, I went ahead and gave the names of papers / magazines and my reasons for reading them. This was not a gotcha question or a trick question, or a question from the 'liberal media', this was just a very basic and simple question designed to elicit information from a candidate applying for the 2nd most important job in America. To defend somebody who did not answer such a basic question undermines EH's credibility.
    I don't think that defending her undermines her credibility. What I think hurts Elisabeth's credibility when she makes statements like that is that she's stating it as fact -- "Sarah Palin's reason for giving the answer as she did is ..." rather than "perhaps she didn'twant to ..." Unless Elisabeth inquired iwth the McCain Palin campaign and that's the explanation they gave her, she should not assert it to be the real reason for the ansewr. And if they did give her the info, she should source them, making the explanation credible.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3210475;
    I do like EH, even though I don't always agree with her. However, I do feel she really blew it today. After they aired the Katie Couric interview where Katie asked Sarah Palin what newspapers and magazines she read.......Elizabeth defended Ms. Palin and said that...'she did not want to give an endorsement to any newspaper or magazine and that is why she did not answer'. That was a ludicrous statement. As I've remarked before, when I, myself, was asked the same question on a job interview, I went ahead and gave the names of papers / magazines and my reasons for reading them. This was not a gotcha question or a trick question, or a question from the 'liberal media', this was just a very basic and simple question designed to elicit information from a candidate applying for the 2nd most important job in America. To defend somebody who did not answer such a basic question undermines EH's credibility.
    I agree. I think E just feels the need to defend Sarah Palin at all costs. She needs to think before she opens her mouth.

I felt a little bad for E today when Sherri jumped on her for saying that she thinks the moderator tonight should back out because of the book. It was like Sherri was just waiting to jump...why didn't she jump on Joy. She said it as well, although the reasoning was different. And why didn't anyone bring up the main reason, she should not be the mod because of perceived bias. She may not be biased, but because of the book it could be perceived that way.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

FORT Fogey

The question was asked upthred when exactly Elisabeth has ever been critical of McCain or Palin. One of the examples happened in today's show. When they were talking about the debate, she talked about how BOTH Palin and BIden should just sit back and let the other one talk, because BOTH of them ramble themselves into corners. She was acknowledging a weakness and fault of Palin.

I really really liked the way they started out discussing the debate today. I liked that they went around and EACH got a chance to talk about the questions they'd ask -- and I thought they had some very good questions. I thought the best of the bunch was Whoopi's question about what each would do with the role of VP.

EH had no credibility to begin with.

Phalin Palin and EH could be one and the same and they are very stupid

Elisabeth Hasselbeck Not Fox Hunting - E! Online

Elisabeth Hasselbeck Not Fox Hunting
    Today 5:55 PM PDT by Erik Pedersen

Take a deep breath: Elisabeth Hasselbeck, the comely conservative voice on The View, is not headed to Fox News.

Although she's clashed repeatedly with her fellow Viewers over the presidential campaign and various social issues and was said to be "really unhappy" according to a report in the Chicago Sun-Times, the wife, mother and McCain supporter wants to let the public know she's not headed over to the fair and balanced confines of Fox.

Today her agent released the following statement. "While Elisabeth has a great relationship with Fox News, there is absolutely no truth to the rumor that she is leaving The View. Elisabeth is passionate in her beliefs and enjoys being a part of this dynamic group of women and engaging in daily conversations."

As well, Karl Nilsson, the executive publicity director of The View, released a statement reiterating the show's commitment to squabbling, er, exchanging opinions. "Barbara Walters and Bill Geddie, executive producers of The View consider Elisabeth to be vital to the program."

See, we knew they could agree on something.

Just not politics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And sort of related to The View:

Rosie O'Donnell to host "Variety Show" - Yahoo! News

Rosie O'Donnell to host "Variety Show" By James Hibberd
    Thu Oct 2, 1:56 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Rosie O'Donnell is returning to television as host of a live variety show on NBC.

The network will air "Rosie's Variety Show" as an hour-long special the night before Thanksgiving, with an eye toward expansion to a full series should viewers embrace the project.

The special will feature celebrity guests, musical acts, comedy skits and a prize give-away for the show's in-studio and home audiences.

The show's November 26 airdate manages to trump Fox's upcoming variety show starring Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne, which is expected to debut in the winter or spring.

For NBC, the project's live aspect is of particular interest, both as a way of distinguishing the product from competitors and to discourage viewers from recording the show for later viewing. NBC has aired "America's Got Talent" results shows live this year and plans a quartet of "Saturday Night Live" primetime specials.

"This will reinvent the idea of what a variety show is for 2008," NBC vice president alternative Craig Plestis said. "There's very few performers willing to put themselves out there live. It makes it more TiVo-proof, and it's something none of the cable networks can do."

Such classic variety titles as "The Carol Burnett Show" and "The Ed Sullivan Show" were massive primetime hits. Producers and networks have been trying to figure out how to revive the variety show for decades. In 2004, ABC drew viewers with "The Nick and Jessica Variety Hour," but follow-up editions were less successful.

The closest modern variation of the variety show that has drawn significant viewers has been NBC's "America's Got Talent."

"This is a genre that everybody is anticipating is going to come back," said David Friedman, who will executive produce the show along with O'Donnell. "Rosie sort of invented the daytime variety show. Without question, Rosie is the right person to bring this back."

The project raises the prospect of a new regular TV gig for O'Donnell. Her "Rosie O'Donnell Show" was a daytime syndicated hit for five years until it left the air in 2001. Since then, O'Donnell has appeared in recurring roles on FX's "Nip/Tuck" and was featured on Showtime's "Queer as Folk." She also starred in the CBS telefilm "Riding the Bus With My Sister" and drew raves co-hosting the 10th season of ABC's "The View."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

FORT Fogey

It is a shame that the show is taped today. I would love to see if Joy would actually admit that Governor Palin did an outstanding job last night.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3211116;
    It is a shame that the show is taped today. I would love to see if Joy would actually admit that Governor Palin did an outstanding job last night.
    They will be live again on Monday and I'm sure the debate with get lots of discussion then.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar

What debate did YOU watch?!

Sarah only managed to jump over that snake belly low bar that was set for her. She managed to not answer 3 of 4 questions in the beginning. She looked at her notes for what to say far too much.. she had no real opinion of her own. She even said that she wasn't going to answer questions how they should be that she was going to talk about what she wanted. The only sold issue that she talked on was the health care plan. Biden blew her away and he did it with out going off on her like he could have.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

I know they will talk about it Monday, but by then, it is kind of old news.

Why would Joy admit to something that isn't true? That's more up EH alley, spin the facts and try to make it sound better than it actually is. Palin did alright, but compared to what was expected from her that wasn't hard to do. She was way out of her league and all of the coaching in the world, couldn't hide it.

+ Reply to Thread