Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3209075;
    McDonalds?
    bwhaha

OMG you are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3209477;
    She is no more informed than any of the others - she does have great parroting skills, though..

That's right - all liberals are crass . People aren't discounting EH because she's a conservative, they're discounting her because she's moron. And annoying. Whiny. Screeching.
    Well stated

I wish I had recorded today's episode. Can someone recap for me

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3209952;
    I wish I had recorded today's episode. Can someone recap for me
    I just watched the video on youtube. The comments on those videos are overwhelmingly anti-EH just like they are here. I think EH will be gone by the end of the month.

FORT Fanatic

OMG I loved the showdown. Finally someone called Elisabeth on her blind support for Palin. And what does she do - try to deflect that she's clueless by demanding that her boss come up with 3 reasons why Obama is qualified. And that right there pretty much sums up the biggest problem I have with her - she picks a side and will defend it to death by tearing down the opposition, sweeping her side's issues under the rug hoping that by talking louder and longer that everyone will come to her side without giving any actual reason why.

She had the perfect opportunity to state why she thought Palin was a good choice, or what good Palin will do and she blew it. For someone supposedly so knowledgeable about her party she shouldn't have had any trouble coming up with at least one reason. If the question was posed to Whoopi or Joy about Biden you can bet they would have given several reasons off the tops of their heads.

She's a poor representative of the republican stance and it would do the panel good to get someone in who can effectively debate that side. There's just a month until the election surely they could have Elisabeth go on "vacation" and bring in a guest to take up her side of the argument. Perhaps then we'd see a balanced and rational debate when discussion turns to politics.

FORT Fogey

The accusation that Barbara made against Elisabeht was utter BS. To claim that she NEVER sees it the other way? As Elisabeth said, she has spoken very highly of Obama's speeches - several of them. She was complimentary of the nomination of Biden. She's stated areas where she disagress with McCain, as well as Palin.

Barbara could have posed the question she did to every member of the panel. Sherri - when was the last time that you gave some thought to a religious perspective other than Christianity? Joy, when was the last time you said something nice about Sarah Palin or George W Bush? Whoopi, when was the last time you gave some careful consideration to the pro-life point of view? There's not a woman on that panel who gives careful thought and consideration to points of view that are directly contradictory to their own. THAT'S WHY SHE HIRED THEM.

It will never cease to tick me off when people point to Elisabeth as narrow minded without looking at the entire panel. Is she one of the world's great thinkers? No. But she's not surrounded by any either. If Barabara is unhappy with that, then she needs to be unhappy with her show, and not one lone voice she claims she loves so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3210050;
    The accusation that Barbara made against Elisabeht was utter BS. To claim that she NEVER sees it the other way? As Elisabeth said, she has spoken very highly of Obama's speeches - several of them. She was complimentary of the nomination of Biden. She's stated areas where she disagress with McCain, as well as Palin.
    Barbara could have posed the question she did to every member of the panel. Sherri - when was the last time that you gave some thought to a religious perspective other than Christianity? Joy, when was the last time you said something nice about Sarah Palin or George W Bush? Whoopi, when was the last time you gave some careful consideration to the pro-life point of view? There's not a woman on that panel who gives careful thought and consideration to points of view that are directly contradictory to their own. THAT'S WHY SHE HIRED THEM.

It will never cease to tick me off when people point to Elisabeth as narrow minded without looking at the entire panel. Is she one of the world's great thinkers? No. But she's not surrounded by any either. If Barabara is unhappy with that, then she needs to be unhappy with her show, and not one lone voice she claims she loves so much.
    When? On what issues? I must have missed that episode

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;3210036;
    OMG I loved the showdown. Finally someone called Elisabeth on her blind support for Palin. And what does she do - try to deflect that she's clueless by demanding that her boss come up with 3 reasons why Obama is qualified. And that right there pretty much sums up the biggest problem I have with her - she picks a side and will defend it to death by tearing down the opposition, sweeping her side's issues under the rug hoping that by talking louder and longer that everyone will come to her side without giving any actual reason why.
    Elizabeth's problem yesterday was that she didn't have a concrete answer for ANY of the questions the other hosts threw her way. Answering a question with a question just doesn't cut it and takes away from your credibility. Instead of Elizabeth answering the question of whether or not Palin is ready to be vice president by asking the other hosts if Obama is ready to be president, she should have just answered the question already.

With that said, BW could/should have handled herself a little better too, considering she's the boss. But I think at this point, Elizabeth's behaviour has gotten on BW's last nerve and BW can't even hide it anymore.

I think Elizabeth gone from this show very soon.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Gotta agree with ya - I think Barbara just can't hold back any longer. She has clearly had it with Elisabeth.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3210108;
    Elizabeth's problem yesterday was that she didn't have a concrete answer for ANY of the questions the other hosts threw her way. Answering a question with a question just doesn't cut it and takes away from your credibility. Instead of Elizabeth answering the question of whether or not Palin is ready to be vice president by asking the other hosts if Obama is ready to be president, she should have just answered the question already.
    In fairness to Elisabeth, after the "what about Obama" snip, she did give 3 reasons as Barbara asked. She said that she'd run a microcosom of the country by running a state, was an expert in the field of energy, and had commanded the Alaskan National Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3210109;
    Gotta agree with ya - I think Barbara just can't hold back any longer. She has clearly had it with Elisabeth.
    The overall consensus I've heard is that the "had it" mentallity is going both ways -- Elisabeth has had it being the lone voice having to defend herself each day, and the other women (Joy and Barbara at least) have had it with the way Elisabeth "defends" her views. It makes sense to me -- it would get to the point of being a tense situation on both sides. But I have to say, it appears the sentiment here is that Barbara's bad behavior was justified because she's had it, but Elisabeth's bad behavior was not justified. Am I getting the right read on that? If so, I have to ask -- what is the difference? Why is having it okay on one side, but not the other?
    Last edited by Veruka; 10-02-2008 at 10:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread