+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree977Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

WTG Elisabeth!! Babs was being totally nasty to her today and she never let up. Elisabeth is great!

Elizabeth is an idiot.
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

There was a little snippet in the Des Moines Register today about Barbara Walters calling for a cooling off period to soothe Hasselbeck.

With rumors running rampant that the conservative Elisabeth Hasselbeck may leave "The View" for Fox News because of battles with liberal co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar, ring leader Barbara Walters has called for a "cooling-off period" to restore order on the set of the daytime talk show, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. "It's not as bad as during the Rosie (O'Donnell) era," but the presidential election has Hasselbeck "really upset" with Goldberg and Behar, a staffer on the show says.
    This was obviously printed before the big "shout over each other" fest that occurred this morning on the show. To me it's pretty apparent that all is not well with the ladies. They seem (Babs anyway) to be trying to hard to put on a pleasant front, insisting that they are all such good friends. Elisabeths body language has been very telling to me. Even when they are discussing a neutral topic, she often has her arms crossed and seems to be closed off. I think it's only a matter of time before she is replaced. How they choose to play it is anybody's guess.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3209477;
    She is no more informed than any of the others - she does have great parroting skills, though..

That's right - all liberals are crass . People aren't discounting EH because she's a conservative, they're discounting her because she's moron. And annoying. Whiny. Screeching.
    I didn't say ALL LIBERALS!!! I said these four in paticular Joy and Whoopi.

EH is as informed as the rest on the panel Sherri doesn't count I would be surprised if the woman can read!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3209598;
    Not to mention that most every woman whose ever been on the show has said that it is one of the very best jobs in television for a mom with young kids. You can be home when they get up in the morning, and be home again by the time they come home from school. She can also bring them to work with her. There are very few jobs in television that could offer that sort of family-compatible schedule.
    Let me start by saying that I agree with ya, Veruka (see, it CAN happen) But what I want to know is why EH still plays the "tired working mom" bit? I mean, really now, she has it so much easier in terms of a job that has such a flexible schedule excluding 1 whole hour per day. She can read reference material for guests from the office or home, bring the kids with her if she wants, AND she has someone to do her hair and makeup EVERY DAY - I know, it's terrible work, but still, and she has people shopping for clothes for her - SHE doesn't have to do it before going to work like all other working mothers I know. I'm telling you - if all I had to do was shower and throw on sweats before heading to my job every day...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can see Elisabeth singing and living the words, "In my own little corner, in my own little chair, I can be whatever I want to be."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3209712;
    I can see Elisabeth singing and living the words, "In my own little corner, in my own little chair, I can be whatever I want to be."
    Rocking back and forth...

So sorry for the double post - but I forgot to mention how unprofessional and snippy Elisabeth was to her boss Barbara Walters today. Her "prepping for the pop quiz" comment was uncalled for when Barbara was giving her the floor to state her opinion about Palin's qualifications. Then she didn't even answer the question right away - she attempted to deflect by asking the same question about Obama. I was glad to see that Babs didn't let her slide on that one.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3209711;
    Let me start by saying that I agree with ya, Veruka (see, it CAN happen) But what I want to know is why EH still plays the "tired working mom" bit? I mean, really now, she has it so much easier in terms of a job that has such a flexible schedule excluding 1 whole hour per day. She can read reference material for guests from the office or home, bring the kids with her if she wants, AND she has someone to do her hair and makeup EVERY DAY - I know, it's terrible work, but still, and she has people shopping for clothes for her - SHE doesn't have to do it before going to work like all other working mothers I know. I'm telling you - if all I had to do was shower and throw on sweats before heading to my job every day...
    Considering that just the "mom" part of "working mom" is exhausting, I'm not really sure that the job being done plays all that much into the exhuastion.

As for today's debacle -- I will agree that Elisabeth was not all that professional in the snip that you mentioned. But I've got to say that aside from the John McCain interview, I've never seen Barara Walters behave in a more unprofessional or out of line way than she did today. It just does not seem right to me for all the blame on that one to go to Elisabeth, as if Barbara was justified to treat her as she did. Maybe she needs to go back and watch the original open to the show -- where she talked about always wanting a show with women of different walks of life and DIFFERENT POINTS OF VIEW. To belittle one member of the panel for HAVING a differnt point of view was inexcuasable. She's got the show that she designed. If she doesn't like it, there are plenty of viewers out there who would be fine and dandy with her finally retiring, having the moth balls shaken off once a year for an Oscars special (although it'd be more entertaining and higher rated if they'd let Jimmy Kimmel take that over). If Barbara ever again tries to make the "i'm in the news department so I remain impartional" line of crap, I may end up thought my TV trying to strangle her.

I also have to say in Elisabeth's defense that I thought her initial repsonse to Barbara's debate prep cramming comments was very fair, and well said. I think that what Barbara said was extremely unfair. Joe Biden has been in debate prep this week too. Barack OBama was slow to return to Washington last week because he was in Florida ... in debate prep. It's what candidates do. If Barbara is the all-knowing news woman she's convinced herself that she is, then she knows that.

But I will agree that after seeing the other women react to that exchange today, I'd have to agree that there's tension behind the scenes. Before it had barely gotten started, Joy was trying to move it along and keep the exchange from happening.
    Last edited by Veruka; 10-01-2008 at 09:13 PM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3209278;
    I think Elisabeth's pink slip is being prepped as we speak. She'll be allowed to step out gracefully. I think Babs has had enough. She's sharpening the knives!
    Yeah she will eventually exit the show ala Lisa Ling. After watching the show today I believe Babs is using her for ratings. She's never treated her this way before. I thought they were going to do a spilt screen at one point. LOL I didn't like the reply Elisabeth gave Babs. No matter how caught off guard she was by her I don't think she should she have gotten smart. Barbara is still the boss.

+ Reply to Thread