+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2016Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Babs had no trouble firing Rosie or Starr, what's the hold up??
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fanatic

With Star and Rosie there was an obvious reason to fire them. There is no reason to fire EH. I thought the show was called the VIEW! EH's only problem is that she diagrees politically with the other 4 women in that arena it is hardly a view show. However, the show isn't a political show and if Whoopie would do her job and possibly steer the show towards other topics it wouldn't seem so tense all the time.
    The wheels come off the bus everytime the women discuss politics because NONE of them are qualified at all to give an educated opinion. Joy sounds like a blithering idiot, Whoopi can only give her point of view if she disclaims it with being black, Barbara is happily demented and Sherry is just uninformed and stupid, while EH is informed but solo in her view and attacked and provoked by the other women. She is younger so she is dismissed every time and she is not great at controlling her volume or rate of speech.

The show is fine even on other heated topics like the Bill M show where Sherri and EH agreed etc or other things it is the big partisian topics where it becomes unbearable all the way around. Those who agree with EH seem to really like her and those that don't see her as an idiot.

But perhaps they can fire her get another liberal comic on board then it will be 4 crass broads and an old babbling bag. They can b**** and moan in unison about all things religious and conservative and call it We have one view.
    Last edited by Bandy; 10-01-2008 at 01:27 PM. Reason: addition

Barbara really seems to like Elizabeth and recognizes the need to present a "counterpoint" as she said. If Elizabeth does leave, it will not be because they get rid of her.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3209413;
    Barbara really seems to like Elizabeth and recognizes the need to present a "counterpoint" as she said. If Elizabeth does leave, it will not be because they get rid of her.

Babs liked Rosie and Starr, but in the end, they both had to leave for the good of the show. I'm not saying EH has to leave, I guess I'm more surprised that EH wants to stay....who would want to go to work everyday knowing they're going to be bombarded by 4 people no matter what she says......

If Babs ever feels it's best for the show to replace E with someone who has a stronger personality/voice that can stand up to the others, then she must. I was surprised she hired SS, when it was clear the Reps needed more representation than EH.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3209409;
    EH is informed but solo in her view and attacked and provoked by the other women. She is younger so she is dismissed every time and she is not great at controlling her volume or rate of speech.
    She is no more informed than any of the others - she does have great parroting skills, though..

But perhaps they can fire her get another liberal comic on board then it will be 4 crass broads and an old babbling bag. They can b**** and moan in unison about all things religious and conservative and call it We have one view.
    That's right - all liberals are crass . People aren't discounting EH because she's a conservative, they're discounting her because she's moron. And annoying. Whiny. Screeching.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Elisabeth's problem is in her one-note presentations of her views, and her inability to admit that there may be another way of looking at things. When you have weak arguments, some people tend to always want to drag another person into the fray to distract from the weakness of their position, and their inability to present a really good argument based on what is under discussion at the moment. I say complete one topic before you begin another. If we're talking about McCain, let's talk about McCain....we can get to a Clinton in the next go 'round. Finger-pointing is just so tiring and childish.

If Whoopi talks about issues from a black perspective, which she does not always do that, she is at least speaking about what she knows, firsthand. Is it valid? Most definitely! She has experiences of color and the wisdom and experience of her age. She has not lived her life in a bubble (nor has she chosen to), shielded from some harsh realities.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3209477;
    She is no more informed than any of the others - she does have great parroting skills, though..

That's right - all liberals are crass . People aren't discounting EH because she's a conservative, they're discounting her because she's moron. And annoying. Whiny. Screeching.

And didn't Trump call her a Twit? Not that he's an authority or anything, but I do believe EH is pretty much a laughing stock in the entertainment industry.....

I'm not saying EH has to leave, I guess I'm more surprised that EH wants to stay....

Why would she leave? she's being paid a ton of money to just sit there for an hour.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3209583;
    Why would she leave? she's being paid a ton of money to just sit there for an hour.
    Not to mention that most every woman whose ever been on the show has said that it is one of the very best jobs in television for a mom with young kids. You can be home when they get up in the morning, and be home again by the time they come home from school. She can also bring them to work with her. There are very few jobs in television that could offer that sort of family-compatible schedule.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3206688;
    I think I'd have to agree with that. Whoopi has a tough love sort of mothering nuturing way about her. Even when she disagrees with someone, she's comfortable in pulling out the whys of how that person thinks rather than just cutting them off and shaming them for thinking such a thing. I think that demeanor and patience has had a good effect on the way all the women present their arguments.
    I'm generally not a big Whoopi fan. I really don't dislike her, I just wouldn't necessarily label myself a fan. However, I agree that Whoopi was a great equalizer. This shocks me! Now, I suppose I should confess that I am not a regular view watcher, but I have actually watched most of a few episodes since she became a panel member. Elizabeth is whiney, Joy is VERY grating and obnoxious, Sherri is vapid and BW just makes me want to hurl, however, Whoopi manages to make all of that a bit more palatable.

+ Reply to Thread