+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1627Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3208779;
    I really tried to like him, but his contempt for people of faith was clear. I laughed when he was talking about politics. I almost fell out of my chair when he made the comment that he just knew GWB had one more big screw up in him. But, you could tell he thinks people who believe in God are stupid and I was greatly offended by that. I am a firm believer and, like Sherri and Elisabeth, I believe that Noah's Ark really happened. I understand that some thing don't scientifically jibe, but that is where faith comes in.
    I got to watch it tonight, and I agree with you. I think that to a degree, he was really really trying to temper his views, knowing the audience he was reaching, to try to sell movie tickets. But he couldn't bottle it in enough to cover the utter contempt for all things not like him. If I'm being honest, I really can't say that I see all that much of a difference between his total lack of curiosity in learning WHY others believe what they believe (which is entirely different from asking questions for the purpose of mocking which is what he's doing) and the mindset of the people he enjoys mocking so much.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3208816;
    I agree with you on this.
    I also totally agree. There's a rumor going around that EH is upset with her cohosts on The View and is looking for another job. Let's hope that twit is at least smart enough to leave the show and find a job more suitable for her limited abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by skynet5000;3209056;
    I also totally agree. There's a rumor going around that EH is upset with her cohosts on The View and is looking for another job. Let's hope that twit is at least smart enough to leave the show and find a job more suitable for her limited abilities.
    McDonalds?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think Elisabeth's pink slip is being prepped as we speak. She'll be allowed to step out gracefully. I think Babs has had enough. She's sharpening the knives!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Oh, please no. Sherri wants to do Dancing With The Stars, and her fave this season was Kim Kardashian.

The talking over the other co-hosts is at an all-time high today. And as always, the biggest question is
    "will Elizabeth ever stop (or even try to stop) any of her excrutiatingly annoying tendencies?".

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3209278;
    I think Elisabeth's pink slip is being prepped as we speak. She'll be allowed to step out gracefully. I think Babs has had enough. She's sharpening the knives!
    I agree. And today when Barbara and Elizabeth kind of hugged and said they were just chatting. It looked to me like they were trying to cover up the fact that there are some problems there. Elizabeth always looks sort of po'ed to me, not that I can blame her. If I had to defend someone like Sarah Palin all the time, I'd be a bit frustrated too.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Elisabeth has always reminded me of a young Babs. Behavior-wise (before Babs matured and learned to temper her responses/actions), colorwise. Babs and Elisabeth may just be a little too much alike.

About Elisabeth having to defend Palin all of the time.....have to.....NO....choose to....YES.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a fashion note, I absolutely love Whoopi's outfit today.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3209278;
    What are they waiting on?? Another job offer in place? Are they hoping FauxNews will hire her? For crying out loud already -- just let the b*tch go.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3209318;
    On a fashion note, I absolutely love Whoopi's outfit today.
    Me too. I thought she looked way more feminine today than she did in any of those dresses. And much more comfortable and at ease.

+ Reply to Thread