+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 1101 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415551055051005 ... LastLast
Like Tree1426Likes

Thread: The View

Elisabeth explained that the reason for the swap was that she was alone and Meredith was alone and they were seated at opposite ends. She should have left the cards alone, and wouldn't have had a problem at all if she'd stayed home. That would have been my solution to the problem.
    The reason that cameras were banned is that Star sold the rights to People magazine.She seemed to be okay when Joy told her that she only took pictures of people who the magazine would not be interested in.
    eny you are right about the white dress. I guess I just expected a little more class from someone who tries to be an authority on any subject as she does.
    I also heard that the veil was the 27' item but the other day they kept saying train and she never corrected them so I'm not sure which. Does anyone care?
    She has really lost a lot of weight but not quite enough to look comfortable in some of her clothes. She had on a tight skirt the first day back and they introduced her as Mrs. Al Reynolds. She came out with that grin that reminds you of a cow eating briars. Her stomach wouldn't have fit in my laundry basket.
    Today was her last day till after her honeymoon. They said that she delayed her honeymoon in order to be there through sweeps. That logic is lost on me. What possible boost would she give to sweeps?

Jay
    I wonder if Star paid one red cent out of her own pocket for the wedding. She was shamelessly asking wedding vendors for all kind of free stuff in exchange for publicity on the show. Her bosses quickly put an end to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Today was her last day till after her honeymoon. They said that she delayed her honeymoon in order to be there through sweeps. That logic is lost on me. What possible boost would she give to sweeps?
    Unbelieveably, there are a lot of show fans that were dying to hear about the wedding details...how well it went off, etc.

They had all of the show hosts there this week, as on most shows. Barbara and the producers were the ones that made Star delay her honeymoon.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

It's hard to believe that there is a soul around who is more bored than I am, but there surely must be. Her wedding details are boring enough to put me to sleep. Her teen like giddiness sets my teeth on edge.
    Now we'll have a respite till she comes back from her "exotic" honeymoon locale. I'm on the edge of my chair with eagerness.
    I don't have cable or a dish and there is just nothing on opposite that show that is a bit better to watch.

Oh Jennifer Lopez and her white wedding dresses... you think she would have figure out by now that if you have two failed marriages in under 5 years... buy a blue dress! Those white dresses are bad karma for her...

I tend to agree that Star went a little crazy with the wedding thing... but its her first wedding. And I have yet to have any friends not do the same thing. No matter how old they were. (did anyone see the SNL segment last week end with Star and Al in the bedroom? It was brutal...)

I also heard Star did not have By-pass surgery. But she had the lap-band surgery. Which is an out patient thing and she would have been able to go back to work the next day.

Now Star not talking about... is to me... a good thing. I am tired of hearing people go on and on about it as if they have cured cancer cause they lost weight. What I am wondering if Star plans on having a baby.... I don't think I could take listening to that for the next year.

Interesting about the lap band thing, isn't that what Sharon Osbourne had?

Whatever Star did, it's working as she really has dropped a lot of weight, but as someone mentioned earlier, not quite enough to get away with some of the outfits she's tried to pull off.

I saw Star on one of the entertainment shows, ET, AH or some such show. She was putting together gift packs for her bridesmaids or her bridal shower guests that were full of various freebies she got from different companies.
    I think she got a lot of free stuff for the wedding.
    I'm all for a freebie, but openly soliciting for them on the show is pretty tacky.

I saw the skit and it was hilarious. Also it was a little creepy. Pretty much as I see the whole thing in real life.
    I'm not familiar with the lap-band surgery. Now I'll need to go look that up.
    Oh yes, please, spare us another "View" baby. I like Elisabeth but I'm sick of the baby thing already and we're only half way through.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I saw Star on one of the entertainment shows, ET, AH or some such show. She was putting together gift packs for her bridesmaids or her bridal shower guests that were full of various freebies she got from different companies.
    I think she got a lot of free stuff for the wedding.
    I'm all for a freebie, but openly soliciting for them on the show is pretty tacky.
    I don't watch the View, so I don't even know why I wandered into this thread, but I get so tired of celebrities getting free sh!t all the time. They're the ones who can afford to spend the money, while the average American would have to practically mortgage their house if they were to ever purchase any of the stuff these celebs get for free. :rolleyes I was reading a magazine the other day that had a photo of a diamond hairclip that was part of a goodie bag at some awards event, but us poor folks can purchase one for a mere $1500.00. I'll take 2, thanks, I'll just not pay my bills this month.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

holly there's a saying that I've heard all my life. Them that has, gets. How true this seems to be. Have you ever read what is in those bags that are given to the presenters at the Academy Awards, and such?
    Star has sort of disappointed me. I thought for a long time that she was a classy person. Now I know better.

New Yorkers were glad she's gone on Honeymoom

Every single day up to the day of the wedding, NY'ers like me were subjected to "Bridezilla" as she was dubbed by the papers. It's not even over. When we thought it was safe to pick up the papers, there was Star again. Complaining and subjecting her co-workers to her tirade.

PLEASE!! Let us not be subjected to 9 months of a pregnancy!!! I don't think I can take it!
    Note To Self: Hire Gigohead as my publicist. She's done wonders for my career - www.Norm-macdonald.com

+ Reply to Thread