+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1635Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

As I've said before, Elizabeth doesn't really bother me. With Whoopi's calming influence, she's toned it down a lot and has become more articulate and less emotional. On the other hand, when Sheri asked Bill Maher if he had talked to God....about religion...., I thought, gee, perhaps we should have Sheri negotiating the bailout!!

FORT Fogey

I'm excited to get home and see the Bill Mahr interview on my DVR. I always do appreicate it when you all "preview" the shows for me by discussing them so that if my time is limited, I know if I should skip hot topics in order to see a guest.

I have a real love-hate relationship with Bill. Well, maybe enjoy-hate would be more precise. I think that Politically Incorrect was one of the best shows on TV, and think he got a raw deal when it was cancelled and he was fired. But, lemonade came out of lemons when his HBO show came out of all of that - I really enjoy watching it. I like the way that he is able to cut through so much rhetoric and get right to a blunt point. That's where the enjoy comes from with me. But I do despise the way that he takes on such a mocking, demeaning tone with just about anything he disagrees with. Just because something isn't his cup of tea, or doesn't jive with his beliefs does not mean that it has no worth and anyone who disagrees deserves to be shamed into submission.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I loved it when Sherri said she believed that Noah lived to be 900 years old!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

To be fair to Sherry, the bible does say Noah lived that long and there are perfectly reasonable people out there who believe the bible word for word, that includes Noah. It is a matter of faith. It doesn't make her stupid, it just means she believes differently that you or even Bill.

I really tried to like him, but his contempt for people of faith was clear. I laughed when he was talking about politics. I almost fell out of my chair when he made the comment that he just knew GWB had one more big screw up in him. But, you could tell he thinks people who believe in God are stupid and I was greatly offended by that. I am a firm believer and, like Sherri and Elisabeth, I believe that Noah's Ark really happened. I understand that some thing don't scientifically jibe, but that is where faith comes in.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3208779;
    To be fair to Sherry, the bible does say Noah lived that long and there are perfectly reasonable people out there who believe the bible word for word, that includes Noah. It is a matter of faith. It doesn't make her stupid, it just means she believes differently that you or even Bill.

I really tried to like him, but his contempt for people of faith was clear. I laughed when he was talking about politics. I almost fell out of my chair when he made the comment that he just knew GWB had one more big screw up in him. But, you could tell he thinks people who believe in God are stupid and I was greatly offended by that. I am a firm believer and, like Sherri and Elisabeth, I believe that Noah's Ark really happened. I understand that some thing don't scientifically jibe, but that is where faith comes in.
    I feel the same way about Bill too. I also believe what the Bible says about Noah and the Ark.
    But Elizabeth is still an Idiot!
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

Gamer Chick & Principal bearwme1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3208779;

I totally agree with you and couldn't have said it any better. It's hard for me to watch him at all because he so obviously has an issue with people of faith. He just lumps us all together and assumes we have no individual brains.
    So I just turn the channel when Bill is on it helps to keep my blood pressure under control

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Rats! My grandfather only made it to 104! I guess he got ripped off, huh?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by rcurrytoo;3208798;
    But Elizabeth is still an Idiot!
    I agree with you on this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3208813;
    Rats! My grandfather only made it to 104! I guess he got ripped off, huh?
    Guess so.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3208367;

But today... today it was Sherri that just annoyed me with her "instead of making a movie asking people about God, have you ever just sat down and asked God? Really... because God will answer you loud and clear." *sigh* It completely derailed the interview and unfortunately it happened at the very end... so that's how it was left.
    I swear Sherri left that one open for a this is your sign moment. I love Bill Maher, btw.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread