+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1608Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3206167;
    Elisabeth is far from stupid. She is smart, articulate, well-educated and let me throw in, beautiful.
    I must have missed that day's show When was she articulate? I have never seen her even come close to being articulate. She just becomes frustrated and that leads to the high pitched screeching and that is followed by tears. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say - so I will let that one go, as I do not find straw-like bleached hair with noticeable roots, fake orange tan, and shiny, greasy skin as beautiful.

She is caring and compassionate.
    She is the least compassionate and most judgemental person I have seen in a very long time.
    Last edited by Margaritaville; 09-26-2008 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3206315;
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say - so I will let that one go, as I do not find straw-like bleached hair with noticeable roots, fake orange tan, and shiny, greasy skin as beautiful.
    You forgot to mention the empty eyes - they are not beautiful either.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

There's nothing beautiful about EH. Unless it's the sight of the back of her head leaving, when they finally get tired of her constant childish whining. She is definitely a waste of space!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Have to admit that she does remind me of the little kid whom, on the first day of kindergarten, whines, cries and has to sit on the teacher's lap.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You summed it up pretty well, P!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3206061;
    No kidding. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have told Barack Obama he looked handsome. It's completely demeaning to tell a woman she's beautiful in the context of the meeting.
    Or to get rid of the homophobic aspect of men being unable to mention each other's looks in a positive way, imagine Margaret Thatcher saying to Ronald Reagon, You are so handsome! You'd think she'd either lost her mind or was so bedazzled there'd be no way she'd be able to concentrate on the gist of the meeting.
    Of course there is also the issue of different cultures/mores. In this country we've gotten used to women being at least occasionally in positions of power, and any man under 70 has learned not to make comments like, Honey, you're too pretty to be a lawyer/doctor/carpenter, but depending on the origin of the man who made the comment (sorry, I don't know) that may not have been the case.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3206220;
    Elisabeth is beautiful inside and out. She is caring and compassionate.

It takes a saint to sit there with Joy Behar day in and day out.
    I respectfully disagree.

Joy is the saint with self control not to slap the skinny b@%ch

Elizabeth is definitely not my favorite, but I do think she has gotten better in her arguments. When I last watched the show - when Rosie was on - she would just sulk in her corner and whine. Now, she seems to at least come back with some data / documentation. I do think she has improved quite a bit in the past year or so. I think Whoopi has had a calming effect on her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3206673;
    Elizabeth is definitely not my favorite, but I do think she has gotten better in her arguments. When I last watched the show - when Rosie was on - she would just sulk in her corner and whine. Now, she seems to at least come back with some data / documentation. I do think she has improved quite a bit in the past year or so. I think Whoopi has had a calming effect on her.
    I think I'd have to agree with that. Whoopi has a tough love sort of mothering nuturing way about her. Even when she disagrees with someone, she's comfortable in pulling out the whys of how that person thinks rather than just cutting them off and shaming them for thinking such a thing. I think that demeanor and patience has had a good effect on the way all the women present their arguments.

FORT Fanatic

a friend of mine went to a taping over a year ago. bitsy was the only one who had her make up touched up at EVERY commercial break. [no one else had their make up re-touched at all.]

+ Reply to Thread