+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1541Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Joy is just a rude, spiteful, bitter woman.

She was furious yesterday because one of the foreign dignitaries told Governor Palin that she is beautiful. It's true, so why should this bother anyone.

And I recall Joy bashing Paris on the show before when Paris was not there, so yes, Joy has talked "behind" a guest's back. She had also repeatedly bashed Clinton for the Lewinsky incident, but was practically kissing his feet when he appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3205966;
    She was furious yesterday because one of the foreign dignitaries told Governor Palin that she is beautiful. It's true, so why should this bother anyone.
    Because the gushing was rude, sexist, and demeaning in a work environment. If you want to be seen as an equal, that is.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sherri stepped up today when discussing McCain and "judgment"! I was shocked...pleasantly so!!! She was actually able to speak on something other than frivolity, and I thought she represented herself well!!! Wow! "Somebody" has been taking in something other than glossy magazines!! I think she shocked Elisabeth, too. Today was worth seeing that segment, if nothing else. Elisabeth was going on about Sen. Obama having "bad judgment", and Sherri went on a little tear about Sen. McCain and Charles Keating!! It was a thing of beauty from someone we have come to expect very little from!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3206005;
    Because the gushing was rude, sexist, and demeaning in a work environment. If you want to be seen as an equal, that is.
    It is never rude to compliment someone.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3206047;
    It is never rude to compliment someone.
    Perhaps you didn't see the actual comment and its delivery?

But, unfortunately, I have to differ with you. In a corporate business environment when you are working in a predominantly male field it is never professional to single out a woman for her looks. You don't find men going into a meeting and pointing out just how attractive the other man looks that day. To do that with a woman delineates that they are have a different respect level for that person in a professional environment.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3206051;
    Perhaps you didn't see the actual comment and its delivery?

But, unfortunately, I have to differ with you. In a corporate business environment when you are working in a predominantly male field it is never professional to single out a woman for her looks. You don't find men going into a meeting and pointing out just how attractive the other man looks that day. To do that with a woman delineates that they are have a different respect level for that person in a professional environment.
    No kidding. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have told Barack Obama he looked handsome. It's completely demeaning to tell a woman she's beautiful in the context of the meeting.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

EH isn't supporting McCain, Bush but the Republician party. Doesn't matter who it is, what, how they do in office, as long as they are a Republican, she will defend, support that party. She is one stupid woman. I could see if that person has done well but when they haven't, she doesn't care.

Did anyone else laugh at the botox doctor? His face was totally not moving and lineless but his neck was one big wrinkle. I busted a gut when he agreed that sometimes you can go too far. You mean like you?

I agree, Sherri's comment about McCain was great.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It took me a while to stop staring at Botox Doc. Talk about "Things that make you go 'hmmm...' He was a bit unusual, to say the least.

No, for real.....he was downright strange looking.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Boxtox doctor looks so skinny, almost like a mannequin.

+ Reply to Thread