+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fanatic

Re: The View

i'm on the west coast, so haven't watched the clinton interview, but i agree with some that monica is such olddddd news, esp with so much going on right now.

i'm surprised no one here mentioned sherry's continuous suck up to whoopi re how sexy she looks in her skirt. red shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;3202641;

i'm surprised no one here mentioned sherry's continuous suck up to whoopi re how sexy she looks in her skirt. red shoes?
    I loved Whoopi's response. "She's desparate"
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

First off, I think Whoopi moves like a man uncomfortable in drag. The shoes did not work for me. Just like Bill's socks did not work for me; I'm guessing he selected his socks himself. Wasn't wild about the selected tie and shirt. He sure had a lot going on; somebody needs to help him.

See? I'm an equal opportunity fashion basher!

I got a kick out of all of the ladies in the dresses/skirts with their crossed legs! Ol' Bill's still got it! Even Elisabeth fell into step.

Would have loved to have seen Bill scheduled for the Thursday show, with a carryover into Friday. I think that would have been a really interesting move, but that might not have been the best move with presidential candidates out there, I guess.

Bill Clinton is one of those rare people who is able to mesmerize a crowd, in person. It is kind of unbelievable, actually. He affects women AND men like this. Did you notice how Bill was in control on the show? Neither McCain nor Obama were when they were guests. Barbara didn't dare try to run over Bill like she did McCain.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3202620;
    I take it that you didn't see the MR appearance.

Actually, the "past mistakes" portion of MR's interview was comprised of one question and one answer. The rest of the interview was spent on her latest movie, her father's mentoring, and a brief mention of her work on LOST.

Give me 24 hours of MR over 10 minutes of either of the Clintons, please.
    Yes, I saw the Michele Rodriguez interview. And I stand behind my point that there is a heck of a lot more substance to discuss with Clinton than there is Michele Rodriguez.

I would also agree that they don't treat all guests the same, but I cannot think of a single talk show out there that does. There are simply some people who are going to be treated as a bigger deal than others. A former president of the United States appearing on the show for the first time ever is going to be treated differently than an actress who needs to be on the show to promote a project.
    Last edited by Veruka; 09-22-2008 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3202709;

Bill Clinton is one of those rare people who is able to mesmerize a crowd, in person. It is kind of unbelievable, actually. He affects women AND men like this. Did you notice how Bill was in control on the show? Neither McCain nor Obama were when they were guests. Barbara didn't dare try to run over Bill like she did McCain.
    That is so true. A few years my old boss, who hates the Clintons, heard President Clinton speak live. My boss said it was like he was talking directly to you and pulled you in.
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

it is obvious that the lines are drawn. If you are a conservative and approve of the Bush admin and like McCain and Palin, you love EH and feel that the other ladies on the view are rude. If you agree that the nation is screwed thanks to the neocons then we hate EH and agree that she needs to go. Neither side is going to change so we will just keep going round and round.

Oh and asking Clinton about ML while the nation around us is royally screwed would just be crazy.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien;3201622;
    My beef with Elizabeth is that she's had no real prior training or experience other than appearing on Survivor. I wish these reality TV types would graciously leave the scene once their 15 minutes is up. Either that or return to school for journalism or media arts training. Now she's set (if you believe the Enquirer) to be a news anchor?? Well I don't get Fox News and Liz won't be an incentive for me to order it.
    jeff varner (from the same season of survivor) did a stint in hollywood working with E! for a while, but he had a background in journalism already. he decided to give it all up, go back home to the carolinas and get back into journalism. a year and a half ago, he transferred to michigan and i get to watch him every morning on my local news.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3202788;
    it is obvious that the lines are drawn. If you are a conservative and approve of the Bush admin and like McCain and Palin, you love EH and feel that the other ladies on the view are rude. If you agree that the nation is screwed thanks to the neocons then we hate EH and agree that she needs to go. Neither side is going to change so we will just keep going round and round.

Oh and asking Clinton about ML while the nation around us is royally screwed would just be crazy.
    Then I guess I'm just dancing or sleeping on the line or something. My political views are rather firm and well established around here, and there have been times in this thread that I've defended and slammed each woman on the panel.

and yet it all comes down to the same lines in the sand by each of us. I am not laying blame or accusing anyone, just pointing out the facts that when it is all said and done, we are still the same with our same views

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Those red shoes were ugly.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread