+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

He just avoided answering it and said that back during his first campaign the same thing had been said about him.

And yes, the question was asked about the gubernatorial experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3202604;
    THere were a zillion legitimate topics to cover with Clinton - primarilythe ones they covered -- the current race and Hillary's involvement in it, the economic issues we face, and the global initiative he came on to promote. With a guest like Michelle Rodriguez where there's not a heck of a lot to discuss to fill a segment, you fill it with things like past mistakes that haven't really been discussed before anywhere. With Clinton, they had enough to fill an entire hour without hot topics let alone the time he got. So why ignore real stuff people want to discuss in order to discuss things from the past he's already discussed at length?
    I take it that you didn't see the MR appearance.

Actually, the "past mistakes" portion of MR's interview was comprised of one question and one answer. The rest of the interview was spent on her latest movie, her father's mentoring, and a brief mention of her work on LOST.

Give me 24 hours of MR over 10 minutes of either of the Clintons, please.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3202620;
    I take it that you didn't see the MR appearance.

Actually, the "past mistakes" portion of MR's interview was comprised of one question and one answer. The rest of the interview was spent on her latest movie, her father's mentoring, and a brief mention of her work on LOST.
    I would have answered your original question the same way that Veruka did. The way you complained about the difference in questioning I assumed they raked Michelle Rodriguez over the coal for her past mistakes. Asking her one question equates to "showing their disdain for certain guests"???
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3202622;
    I would have answered your original question the same way that Veruka did. The way you complained about the difference in questioning I assumed they raked Michelle Rodriguez over the coal for her past mistakes. Asking her one question equates to "showing their disdain for certain guests"???
    Yes, because they appear to revere certain guests and go into an adoration fest.

There's been plenty of discussion on this thread about how unprofessional they are with some guests (recently, the McCains).

They don't treat each guest with equal respect (let alone each other).

FORT Fogey

They definately do not treat all guests with the same respect.

I knew today would be a lovefest by Babs and I was right.

All I could think of when Clinton told Whoopi that he loved her dress was Monica's infamous blue dress. It can't just be me.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3202624;
    Yes, because they appear to revere certain guests and go into an adoration fest.

There's been plenty of discussion on this thread about how unprofessional they are with some guests (recently, the McCains).

They don't treat each guest with equal respect (let alone each other).
    No, they do not treat each guest with equal respect, I agree. But your example, and the way you worded it, was quite misleading and not the best one that you could have used to support your point.

These women aren't journalists either. And no, I don't consider what Barbara does on the View to be journalistic at all. They are more talk show hosts. The premise of the show is to highlight different views. I agree that they don't treat all their guests equally. I don't have a problem with them asking anyone a "hard" question. But they should give that person the time to respond. Barbara was quite rude in that respect when Sen. McCain was on and was respectful of President Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3202628;
    No, they do not treat each guest with equal respect, I agree. But your example, and the way you worded it, was quite misleading and not the best one that you could have used to support your point.
    My intent was not to provide a transcript or even a summary. I made a point, it was questioned, and I answered. What's the problem?

It's always unfortunate when people read between the lines and make assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3202632;
    It's always unfortunate when people read between the lines and make assumptions.
    You're right. Silly us for making the assumption that when someone complained about a guest getting insulted that there was actually an insult present. Mea culpa.

+ Reply to Thread