+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1635Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3202575;
    I attempted to watch a few moments of KLG and that Hoda woman and quickly changed the channel.

Give me a smart, well-spoken lady like Patty Heaton over the two of them anyday.

Patty would be great as a guest host on The View.
    I think we get the gist that you like Patricia Heaton, SavhLaney.

And that was my point precisely with my comment about Hoda and Kathie Lee. Neither of them are remotely appealing to watch for an hour, but they still would get my airtime were I home at 11 am EST.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Elsiabeth Hasselbeck is the reason for my 11:00AM viewing of "The View."

They actually got Whoopi out there in a dress today. She looks much better than her usual sloppy attire.

Figures that they would dress her up for Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3202588;
    Elsiabeth Hasselbeck is the reason for my 11:00AM viewing of "The View."

They actually got Whoopi out there in a dress today. She looks much better than her usual sloppy attire.

Figures that they would dress her up for Clinton.
    They said that Whoopi is wearing dresses all week. I don't know why, or what their point is. I don't think she looks sloppy at all wearing what she chooses to wear. She herself said that she goes for comfort. She certainly didn't look comfortable today. She looked quite awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3202597;
    They said that Whoopi is wearing dresses all week. I don't know why, or what their point is. I don't think she looks sloppy at all wearing what she chooses to wear. She herself said that she goes for comfort. She certainly didn't look comfortable today. She looked quite awkward.
    I agree that Whoopi's usual attire is fine, and felt somewhat that Whoopi had "sold out"--don't know why.

Not wanting to open up the "tabu topics for View guests" discussion, but I noticed that no one asked Clinton about Monica L. and all his other "strayings". Yet the other day when Michelle Rodriguez was a guest, they asked her about troubles from her past. Many of the hosts often find ways to insult the guests that they disdain.

I don't understand the hosts fawning over Clinton, unless it's just the power thing.

Just more reasons that I find this show very stifling, phony, and full of double standards.

FORT Fogey

THere were a zillion legitimate topics to cover with Clinton - primarilythe ones they covered -- the current race and Hillary's involvement in it, the economic issues we face, and the global initiative he came on to promote. With a guest like Michelle Rodriguez where there's not a heck of a lot to discuss to fill a segment, you fill it with things like past mistakes that haven't really been discussed before anywhere. With Clinton, they had enough to fill an entire hour without hot topics let alone the time he got. So why ignore real stuff people want to discuss in order to discuss things from the past he's already discussed at length?

FORT Fogey

The Clinton interview was a total fluff fest. He never did answer the question Elisabeth asked him about Sarah Palin and if he considers her to be qualified since he ran for President after only having gubernatorial experience.

FORT Fogey

He's also not running for office.

FORT Fogey

Thank heavens he's not running for office.

Babs asked some really ridiculous questions to him. If she wanted Hilary's opinions, she should have booked her on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3202607;
    The Clinton interview was a total fluff fest. He never did answer the question Elisabeth asked him about Sarah Palin and if he considers her to be qualified since he ran for President after only having gubernatorial experience.
    Perhaps he didn't want to get engaged in a fruitless discussion? Did she word it with the qualifier that I highlighted above, or was that your addition?

And there's a difference between having "only" 20 months gubernatorial experience and "only" having 8 years gubernatorial experience. Then there's the slight difference in their schooling and service background. And if Bitsy included the qualifier as you have written it, I can completely see him disregarding her question and ignoring her.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I don't see how it was a "fluff fest". President Clinton was asked questions about how his administration could have been a factor in the financial crisis that is happening today. He was asked if he thought Obama didn't ask Hillary to be VP because Obama didn't want Bill anywhere in his administration. He gave his opinion on the current state of the economy. They didn't ask about Monica, but frankly, at this point in time.... who cares about that?

+ Reply to Thread