+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1624Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fanatic

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3201809;
    Newsflash!

FOX network has not very much respect in the industry, nor amongst TV viewers.

It's kinda known as papparazzi TV, and the network where wannabes-who-can't-bees go/end up (if they're lucky).

You can even see this by comparing the local FOX affiliates' news shows (and other shows) to their better so-called peers (ABC, NBC, and CBS).

So if Elizabeth moves to FOX network, it's quite a demotion. And well-deserved.

But "The View" still needs a panel replacement (not just EH).
    i dont think going to FOX NETWORK is a demotion, the FOX NEWS division yeah...but not the network as a whole.

FOX and FX...i think has very good shows that arent well known because its not one of the major networks...abc,nbc,cbs..which are the older more established bigger money networks. gosh...got 24, bones, family guy, american dad, house, prison break, and telivision movie remakes like terminator (which is way better than remakes on nbc:bionicwoman, and the dreaded knight rider) and on fx got shield, damages, nip/tuck, rescue me, riches...more edgier shows. more shows that i watch then whats on
    All But Crap, Nothing But Crap, and Crap Bull S**T....there are few shows on each of those network (chuck:nbc, criminal minds, ncis, & csi:ny on cbs...and nothing on abc)...but i follow Fox shows more.

but anyways...if she is moving...good luck to her. she's off to somewhere that is more comfortable for her. im sure the constant "differences" was taking a toll on both sides. she may have been a whiner, crybaby, screaming tantrums, and so on...but it wasnt always her fault...they treated her that way thus she acted like that. hate her or disagree with her....i give the girl lots of credit...she stucked to her roots and her views even though she was outnumbered. she does need to learn to articulate her views in a more well mannered way but hell i dont care. whenever i watch the view...its not for news or whatever....its for entertainment value.
    Last edited by bell; 09-20-2008 at 03:13 AM.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

FORT Fanatic

Fox consistantly out ranks all other cable news shows by a mile. Even Hillary claimed it was the most fair coverage she received.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bell;3201830;
    she may have been a whiner, crybaby, screaming tantrums, and so on...but it wasnt always her fault...they treated her that way thus she acted like that. hate her or disagree with her....i give the girl lots of credit...she stucked to her roots and her views even though she was outnumbered. she does need to learn to articulate her views in a more well mannered way but hell i dont care. whenever i watch the view...its not for news or whatever....its for entertainment value.
    When you are an adult, you are always responsible for how you choose to react, and keeping yourself under control so, yes, her reactions are her "fault". You spend your childhood/teen years learning how to control yourself; by the time you are an adult, you should have the art mastered. I don't believe in giving people passes for bad behavior choices if they are, indeed, mentally competent.

And I do agree with you about this show being for entertainment.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

And I do agree with you about this show being for entertainment.
    Whaa?????? Barbara said that they are the only show that alot of people get their news from... Was she lyin' to me?? I had stopped watching all other news programing once I knew they were on top of it like that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The sad part of it is that she is probably right. Unfortunately, we Americans are not the most informed people on the planet when it comes to what is going on in the world.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re Fox...the news shows, and their commentators, are one thing... the fictional shows, like PB and Smallville are another thing entirely. Not to say their news division doesn't at times veer into the fictional... I like a higher percentage of the shows on Fox than any other channel I'd guess, but I don't watch their news shows.
    Oh, and re the uninformed American public...I still recall a recent depressing stat that the main news source for young people was The Daily Show.
    And to tie this back into The VIew, I wonder how EH will cope with suddenly being always in the majority...if her shouting and crying is all due to being the oppressed minority view on The View we should see a whole new woman on Fox! Those of you who watch Fox news should let us know. I'm guessing there is major overlap between EH fans and Fox news fans.
    Last edited by PWS; 09-20-2008 at 03:00 PM.

Interesting article on a gossip blog regarding the possible Elisabeth to Fox - summation of events to date.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck: One More 'Tsk' From Barbara Walters and Elisabeth Hasselbeck Will Head For Fox News

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3201941;
    Interesting article on a gossip blog regarding the possible Elisabeth to Fox - summation of events to date.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck: One More 'Tsk' From Barbara Walters and Elisabeth Hasselbeck Will Head For Fox News
    I was all prepared with a "come ooooon Babs, make with the tsk-ing" until I read about Patricia Heaton as a potential replacement. Yikes! Who do I dislike more, Bitsy or Patsy? It is really too close to call, though my dislike of Patsy goes back further.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Lmao! How low can you go? Patty 'can't mind her own business' Heaton? Then again, her last show was cancelled so, who knows.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I've always found it funny that FOX News is so hardline conservative, yet FOX TV is home to the incredibly offensive Family Guy and the F-bomb-dropping Gordon Ramsay. And the entire premise of American Dad is to mock Stan Smith's over-the-top right-wing conservatism. I see FOX News only rarely, but like The View, I've only ever watched it for enterainment value.

Do they really have to replace EH, anyway? Is there a quota on the number of panel members? I think it would be more interesting if they had different weekly guest hosts instead.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread