+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien;3201622;
    I guess if you print something often enough, one time you may get it right.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck Leaving “The View” For FOX News Anchor Seat

My beef with Elizabeth is that she's had no real prior training or experience other than appearing on Survivor. I wish these reality TV types would graciously leave the scene once their 15 minutes is up. Either that or return to school for journalism or media arts training. Now she's set (if you believe the Enquirer) to be a news anchor?? Well I don't get Fox News and Liz won't be an incentive for me to order it.
    If TMZ picks this up, I will believe it. They've been right with every change that has happened at The View, and have had it long before the official announcements. They've clearly got someone on the inside. But I won't believe it from any other source. Isn't this source the same one that announced Sherri was out a month or so ago?

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3201609;
    Perception of an emotion does not always come from it being put out there. Sometimes, it comes from someone seeing what they want to see.
    Again, I think that IS my point. If you are in a situation where you are going to be judged on everything.. i.e. wife of someone in the public eye… running for leader of the free world.. try not to come off as a dour sour puss. You go out there and you look as if you are world’s happiest woman. I was not a big Hillary fan.. but that woman had her face down pat. No one ever knew how issues in her marriage or personal life or how any of the media scrutiny effected her. I think maybe Cindy needs to borrow a page from her book.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3201634;
    Again, I think that IS my point. If you are in a situation where you are going to be judged on everything.. i.e. wife of someone in the public eye… running for leader of the free world.. try not to come off as a dour sour puss. You go out there and you look as if you are world’s happiest woman. I was not a big Hillary fan.. but that woman had her face down pat. No one ever knew how issues in her marriage or personal life or how any of the media scrutiny effected her. I think maybe Cindy needs to borrow a page from her book.

I understand that you perceived Cindy McCain to be a dour sour puss, but that does not mean that everyone saw it that way, nor does it mean that Cindy Mccain was putting that out there. It means that you, a person who readily admits not liking her and assigning her names int he past such as Crypt Keeper, saw it that way.

There have been times that I've seen someone in teh public eye come out smiling, friendly, and chatty, and heard someone delcare that person to be down in the dumps or a sourpuss. it's all perception, and a huge part of perception comes from pre-conceived ideas.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

If Ditzy is really leaving, ill help her pack.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I think my point has been lost.. but that’s fine we can agree to disagree on this.

If it was only me that saw that about her.. it would be understandable, but it was not.. there for in my opinion (for lack of a better term) it was something that she was doing on her part for people to feel that way about her disposition.

Its kind of like the way that most of us feel about or see Elisabeth.. some of us think she’s a brat who doesn’t know when to shut up.. where others think she is the best thing since sliced bread who is passionate in her views.

Everyone has an opinion, but for all of us to form an intelligent opinion, there needs to be some basis in fact to perpetuate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3201644;
    Ill back the truck up!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien;3201622;
    I guess if you print something often enough, one time you may get it right.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck Leaving “The View” For FOX News Anchor Seat

My beef with Elizabeth is that she's had no real prior training or experience other than appearing on Survivor. I wish these reality TV types would graciously leave the scene once their 15 minutes is up. Either that or return to school for journalism or media arts training. Now she's set (if you believe the Enquirer) to be a news anchor?? Well I don't get Fox News and Liz won't be an incentive for me to order it.
    She does have more experience, she hosted a cable show and she has been a designer. They are not there to be journalists either they are there to be personalities with a view coming from different life experiences.

I too hope she leaves the low class show and moves up to FOX.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3201653;
    She does have more experience, she hosted a cable show and she has been a designer. They are not there to be journalists either they are there to be personalities with a view coming from different life experiences.

Fox, for the idiot would be a good spot. Then I would NEVER have to see her again. MY TV does NOT get fox. That is by design.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3201644;
    I would so help as well

If she's off to Fox, she'll be right at home with all the people who think exactly like she does.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3201653;

Newsflash!

FOX network has not very much respect in the industry, nor amongst TV viewers.

It's kinda known as papparazzi TV, and the network where wannabes-who-can't-bees go/end up (if they're lucky).

You can even see this by comparing the local FOX affiliates' news shows (and other shows) to their better so-called peers (ABC, NBC, and CBS).

So if Elizabeth moves to FOX network, it's quite a demotion. And well-deserved.

But "The View" still needs a panel replacement (not just EH).

+ Reply to Thread