+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3200254;
    They did not interview Obama and McCain the same. I have absolutely no problem with the questions posed to the McCains it was the manner and the rudeness. Of course the questions put to Obama were " are you really related to Brad Pitt"? and BW comment of we think you looked so sexy! Seriously, is that even remotely comparable?
    Well at the time both Obama and McCain were merely contenders not the official nominees so seemingly the interview questioning was a little more lighthearted. I believe when McCain was on the show a litter earlier on this year they interviewed him in a little less serious manner too. But someone, I believe it was Whoopi did mention briefly when McCain was on last week, something along the lines of now that he's the actual nominee they wanted to get some real answers from him, hence the reason for them throwing more tough questions at him. She (Whoopi) stated yesterday that now she's waiting on Obama to make his appearance to they can ask him some hard hitting questions also.

That's what I'm getting from it. Nothing more and nothing less. The Republicans need to stop it with their "Since we don't like the way you're playing with us, we're taking our ball and going home" mentality already, as it has become very tiresome.

But then what do I know...I'm a Canadian, not an American so...
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 09-17-2008 at 03:05 PM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

The 2 page summary of your 2006 tax returns is silly and doesn't quite count as disclosure. Where are her 2007 tax returns? Where is the full tax return that shows investments? As a multi-millionaire that stands to benefit from any tax policy that her husband puts forth, people should question why the secrecy. And the talk about her investments and where a good source of her investment income comes from is a bit shady.

Most people watching television interview shows know that there are certain topics that are off limits. Both Michelle Obama and Cindy McCain are within all realms of decency and rights to refuse to answer certain questions. Doing it publicly versus privately does nothing to change the fact that the question is offlimits and it does not make Cindy McCain look any better because she did it in public. She didn't answer squat diddly. Who cares whether it was asked or not?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3200290;

That's what I'm getting from it. Nothing more and nothing less. The Republicans need to stop it with their "Since we don't like the way you're playing with us, we're taking our ball and going home mentality" already, as it has become very tiresome.
    Where are they taking their ball and going home? McCain has been there. He said he'll do everything he can to make sure Sarah Palin is there too. Whoopi made it clear yesterday that Obama has not committed.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3200292;
    Where are they taking their ball and going home? McCain has been there. He said he'll do everything he can to make sure Sarah Palin is there too. Whoopi made it clear yesterday that Obama has not committed.
    I am speaking in terms of Cindy McCain's comments to the effect that she didn't like the questions the View's hosts threw at them. I would think they would expect to be asked tough questions at this stage of the game. This isin't tiddlywinks we're playing here....it's a run for the presidency.

And, I'm talking about the way some folks are implying that the questions Whoopi and the other hosts asked the McCain's last week were tougher than the ones they asked Obama when he was on a few months ago. And, as indicated by Whoopi's comments yesterday, clearly, they intend to ask Obama the same tough line of questioning when he does come back on the show.

FORT Fogey

I think that acknowledging that a ball game was a tough one is an entirely different thing from picking up your ball and going home. Once Obama has shown a willingness to even play the game, we'll have a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3200295;
    I think that acknowledging that a ball game was a tough one is an entirely different thing from picking up your ball and going home. Once Obama has shown a willingness to even play the game, we'll have a comparison.
    Cindy's comments came off very whiney in a "I don't like how you treated us" sort of way.

FORT Fogey

And Barack and Michelle's comments came off as very ... silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3200295;
    I'd like to know who Cindy McCain believes comprises The View audience if not "the American people".

"In spite of what you see …in the newspapers, and on shows like The View — I don't know if any of you saw The View yesterday, they picked our bones clean — in spite of what you see, that's not what the American people are saying and what they are believing," said McCain.
    CYA

FORT Fogey

It is quite clear to me what she meant. I took the "in spite of what you see" as referring to what the viewers saw during Friday's telecast. I think she means that the panelists do not fully represent the American people. Let's face it, the panel is quite unbalanced.

FORT Fogey

I don't think it can be judged. I don't think we're seeing the full context of the quote. it looks to me like the mention of The View is an aside in a larger comment. I searched for the text of the speech (it was given at a Lincoln Day dinner in Michigan) but could not find it.

+ Reply to Thread