+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1328Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #4791
    FORT Fogey graycat11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,599

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3200094;
    Barbara, Joy and Whoopi were very rude to Senator and Mrs McCain when they were on last Friday. The McCain's handled it very graciously though.

    I compare the way they badgered them to Rosie's rude ambush of Tom Selleck back on her show.

    The View seemingly has enough trouble booking guests without them being rude to them.
    He is a presidential candidate, they are going to ask himsome hard core questions. They should do the same thing with Obama. It's not an ambush.

  2. #4792
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,910

    Re: The View

    Personally I found the backbiting (and not even to her face) by the cowardly EH with respect to Michelle Obama to be far, far ruder than legitimate questions asked directly of a candidate and his publicly supportive wife.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  3. #4793
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,859

    Re: The View

    There was no backbiting. Since it has not been refuted, then Mrs Obama must have come to the show with a list of off limits topics. There is nothing wrong with the truth.

  4. #4794
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,910

    Re: The View

    There is nothing wrong with the truth and there is nothing wrong with having a few topics that are not for discussion, nor is there anything remotely wrong about questioning those who wish to be our leader, who are free to answer or not as they see fit. There is, however, something seriously wrong about attempting to impugn someone's character for no comprehensible reason, whether one is successful in their sad, sophomoric attempt or not.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  5. #4795
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: The View

    I agree that there is nothing wrong with asking tough question of someone who wants to be our leader. But I do think there is something wrong with asking the questions, but not allowing an answer to be given.

  6. #4796
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    driving ballet carpool
    Posts
    465

    Re: The View

    They did not interview Obama and McCain the same. I have absolutely no problem with the questions posed to the McCains it was the manner and the rudeness. Of course the questions put to Obama were " are you really related to Brad Pitt"? and BW comment of we think you looked so sexy! Seriously, is that even remotely comparable?
    I saw a side by side interview of both candidates when on the view today and it was appalling that they can't act professionaly even just a little bit. They showed absolutely no class at all in McCains interview. If you don't like him fine, at least respect that he possibly may hold that office and respect that. I was absolutely disgusted by their behavior.

  7. #4797
    Anarchist AJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Charming
    Posts
    9,353

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3200136;
    I didn't really find Barbara to be rude - I rather enjoyed her spirit during the interview. We haven't seen that from her in a very long time. It was great to see her not allow him to skate on the issues with his typical generic answers.
    What it looked like to me (and again, I only watch occasionally so I can't really measure her behaviour during the McCain interview against any other) was that Barbara seemed to be rushing through the questions as if someone was glaring at her offstage, tapping his watch. She came off as abrupt, but I couldn't really tell if it was rudeness or if she was off her game.

    I didn't find Whoopi's slavery question to be rude, I think her manner in asking it was fatuous and unsuitable to the discussion. She could simply have pointed out that the constitution once made provisions for slavery and that it is reasonable to challenge it as written. Of course Barbara made it much worse with her idiotic comments.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

  8. #4798
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3200273;
    So Cindy McCain doesn't have to answer the question because it isn't relevant to the election and that's okay, but when Michelle Obama has items that she doesn't want to discuss because they aren't relative to the campaign it's not okay.

    Is that along the same lines of Cindy McCain refusing to release her tax statements because she doesn't feel they are relevant, but the Republicans were so insistent on Teresa Heinz Kerry having to release hers in 2004?

    Cindy McCain can choose what to share and not share, but Michelle Obama cannot or else it is suspicious and rude. Same old story.
    No, not exactly the same for a couple of reasons. First, the number of houses they have - 7 - is well known publicly now, as I said. Second, McCain declined to answer the question publicly -- so everyone knew she didn't want to say anything more. Michelle Obama refused topics privately, so no one knew she was choosing not to talk about it.

    And Cindy McCain has released her tax records, so that's a moot point.

  9. #4799
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3200281;
    No, not exactly the same for a couple of reasons. First, the number of houses they have - 7 - is well known publicly now, as I said. Second, McCain declined to answer the question publicly -- so everyone knew she didn't want to say anything more. Michelle Obama refused topics privately, so no one knew she was choosing not to talk about it.

    And Cindy McCain has released her tax records, so that's a moot point.
    Refusing to talk about certain things is refusing... whether done publicly or privately is irrelevant to the fact that any interviewee is perfectly within his or her rights to do so.

    When did Cindy McCain release her tax records? As of last week her refusal was still being discussed. I missed it.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

  10. #4800
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3200284;
    Refusing to talk about certain things is refusing... whether done publicly or privately is irrelevant to the fact that any interviewee is perfectly within his or her rights to do so.
    I disagree. When done publicly, the audience knows the question has been posed, and the person questioned chose not to answer. When done privately, the audience has no way of knowing the person being questioned chose not to answer -- they assume the interviewer just never asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3200284;
    When did Cindy McCain release her tax records? As of last week her refusal was still being discussed. I missed it.
    Cindy McCain Releases 2006 Tax Returns | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.