+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3199377;
    I hate to break it to you but Tim is too busy wearing his tan shoes with every suit he owns no matter what color.

Oh my God you crack me up! Someone should tell him tan doesn't go with everything. You'd think his very fashion-forward wife would tell him as much. LOL
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Barbara, Joy and Whoopi were very rude to Senator and Mrs McCain when they were on last Friday. The McCain's handled it very graciously though.

I compare the way they badgered them to Rosie's rude ambush of Tom Selleck back on her show.

The View seemingly has enough trouble booking guests without them being rude to them.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3200094;
    Barbara, Joy and Whoopi were very rude to Senator and Mrs McCain when they were on last Friday. The McCain's handled it very graciously though.

I compare the way they badgered them to Rosie's rude ambush of Tom Selleck back on her show.

The View seemingly has enough trouble booking guests without them being rude to them.
    I would agree that Barbara was extremely rude. I don't think Whoopi was rude. She was blunt, but she normally is with everyone. Joy I've got to say I thought was very gracious. I was pleasantly surprised. She even joked with McCain a few times, and all in all, did a nice job. I do agree that the McCains handled it graciously. I've even heard several times that McCain did some work to dispel the rumors about his temper by handling them as clamly as he did.

I don't agree that it was equal to Rosie's ambush of Tom Selleck, because the purpose of the two appearances was different. McCain went on to push his candidacy, and he was grilled on it. Tom Selleck went on Rosie to promote a movie, and was grilled on guns instead. If they'd treated Meghan McCain like that, when she went on to promote her book, I'd see it as equivilent. But McCain knew what to expect going into it.

and I'm not so sure that The View is having trouble booking guests. I think if they've got fewer guests, it's because they're making a choice to do so. They've never booked presidential candidates until this election cycle, and they've had a pretty good record of booking them this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3200108;
    I would agree that Barbara was extremely rude. I don't think Whoopi was rude. She was blunt, but she normally is with everyone. Joy I've got to say I thought was very gracious. I was pleasantly surprised. She even joked with McCain a few times, and all in all, did a nice job. I do agree that the McCains handled it graciously. I've even heard several times that McCain did some work to dispel the rumors about his temper by handling them as clamly as he did.
    Agreed. Whoopi let the man answer questions. Barbara would ask then not give him a chance to answer. That, to me, was where she was rude.

I didn't really find Barbara to be rude - I rather enjoyed her spirit during the interview. We haven't seen that from her in a very long time. It was great to see her not allow him to skate on the issues with his typical generic answers.

And can anyone tell me why it is that Cindy doesn't want the public to know how many homes they own? What is the big deal? I realize that it isn't relevant to the election as she stated, but really... she drew more attention to it by refusing to answer the question. What about Bitsy proclaiming that Cindy "had nothing to hide - unlike another candidate's wife who will remain unnamed" ???? I guess it's okay because it wasn't on a list of some sort ahead of time?? Double standard was blaringly obvious!!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3200136;
    What about Bitsy proclaiming that Cindy "had nothing to hide - unlike another candidate's wife who will remain unnamed" ???? I guess it's okay because it wasn't on a list of some sort ahead of time?? Double standard was blaringly obvious!!
    Amazing isn't it? Looks like Lizzy spoke a little too quick.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3200136;

And can anyone tell me why it is that Cindy doesn't want the public to know how many homes they own? What is the big deal? I realize that it isn't relevant to the election as she stated, but really... she drew more attention to it by refusing to answer the question. What about Bitsy proclaiming that Cindy "had nothing to hide - unlike another candidate's wife who will remain unnamed" ???? I guess it's okay because it wasn't on a list of some sort ahead of time?? Double standard was blaringly obvious!!
    I think that you answered your own question -- because it isn't relevant to the election. It's not like she kept it a secret -- the answer was already out there. So she really didn't draw more attention to it. The attention was drawn when the information was origianlly put out there by the Obama camp, and hand died down when Cindy chose not to let it continue.

Thanks for the info about Hannity. I don't remember watching them at all, don't watch Fox news that often.

Whoopi is more straight forward, blunt with everyone but she does it in a calm, nice way. IMO, she isn't rude at all.

FORT Fogey

I found the slavery question by Whoopi to be totally absurd and rude.

+ Reply to Thread