+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #4761
    Over and Out! Bunny555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,368

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3198038;
    Maybe it was a confusion of pronouns, but that article seemed to be saying that EH had had more abortions than she could count. Surely they meant to say that EH was saying that BW had had the abortions?
    Actually, it was Sherri who confessed to having the abortions.
    CYA

  2. #4762
    Premium Member dagwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    salt lake city ut
    Age
    43
    Posts
    19,180

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3198038;
    Maybe it was a confusion of pronouns, but that article seemed to be saying that EH had had more abortions than she could count. Surely they meant to say that EH was saying that BW had had the abortions?
    Sherri Sheppard is the one who has had more abortions than she could count. The first paragraph was about that, not EH.

  3. #4763
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,844

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3198041;
    Sherri Sheppard is the one who has had more abortions than she could count. The first paragraph was about that, not EH.
    My bad! Sorry... mislead by the headline and big picture of EH, didn't focus on the names...

  4. #4764
    FORT Fogey graycat11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,599

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz;3197363;
    Don't forget Hannity. She watches Hannity every night. Then she returns to work the next morning to recite the new talking points.

    Who is Hannity?

  5. #4765
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,884

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3198505;
    Who is Hannity?
    Sean Hannity from the Fox News show, Hannity & Colms.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  6. #4766
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Reality
    Posts
    2,365

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3198505;
    Who is Hannity?
    Sean Hannity(R) and Alan Colms(D) host Hannity & Colms which is an opinion show that airs on the Fox News Network.

  7. #4767
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;3198001;
    IdolCanadien - thanks for the link to that article. It brought up a good point - the panel is skewed to the left and Elisabeth is a weak rep for the right. They need to bring back that one guest, can't remember her name but I think she was blond and one of Barbara's family friends. While I didn't agree with her view she presented it calmly and rationally and it was actually nice to listen to a logical debate and not one fraught with emotion. A lot of Elisabeth's arguments seem to stem from her belief that louder & repetitive wins over rational and fact based. At times it's almost like arguing with an irrational child over bedtime, neither cares what you're saying they only care about getting what they want.

    If they want to keep a young representative on the show, I would actually like seeing Rachel Campos-Duffy be brought back again. She had been up for the job twice but was always next in line to the eventual pick.

    Although with having 5 children and a husband who is a WI State Attorney, I don't know how well New York City would work for their family any longer.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

  8. #4768
    I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    At the High Rollers Table
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3198531;
    Sean Hannity(R) and Alan Colms(D) host Hannity & Colms which is an opinion show that airs on the Fox News Network.
    Now see I do watch H&C, but I would hardly count it as my main news source or a show of fact.. it is opinion as you said.. I watch it for a laugh at times. They do touch on some good topics here and there, but in the end I watch for entertainment.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

    "Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

  9. #4769
    Over and Out! Bunny555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,368

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3198533;
    If they want to keep a young representative on the show, I would actually like seeing Rachel Campos-Duffy be brought back again. She had been up for the job twice but was always next in line to the eventual pick.

    Although with having 5 children and a husband who is a WI State Attorney, I don't know how well New York City would work for their family any longer.
    I loved Rachel as well. She is as passionate about her beliefs as Elisabeth is but she has a level of maturity about her that is lacking in EH.
    CYA

  10. #4770
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: The View

    I do like Rachel a lot, but as Broadway said, her life has changed quite a bit since she auditioned, so she'd likely not be as open to uprooting all that now. But as I remember, Rachel can tend to have a delivery that comes across as "how can you be so stupid" to anyone who disagrees with her. I'd see someone like tha being blasted as Elisabeth is in about a week.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.