+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;3197005;
    Huh? Why would you invite someone on a show and then not let them talk--not let them answer questions. It's not like he was a surprise guest and she tried to shut him up.

If you are going to have any guest on whether it be a Senator running for President or Emeril cooking bacon, you need to let them speak. Let them answer your question.

The incessant talking over each other makes it look like a bunch of people who have too much to say and no respect for each other. I want to listen to their views, I just can't hear them - they're too rude.

BW is so out of touch anymore she makes my skin crawl. I can't believe she said "us white folk will take care of you". I know it was in jest, but still uncalled for.

They had him on to expose his lies. I'm sure Elizabeth was falling all over herself to make excuses for him.

BTW, John McCain has been on THE VIEW several times. He knows that they talk over each other and sometimes even talk over their guests. If he did not want to deal with that then he should have declined the invitation.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3197030;
    I can't care less abuot her cutting him off.. it was Babs being Babs.. I was more shocked at the 'let us white folks take care of you' comment she made to SS and Whoppie.
    I'm stunned by that comment too. I have it recorded on TIVO so I guess I will watch it in a few minutes........

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3197065;
    What almost the worst was Babs not even looking McCain in the face but staring constantly at the prompter off to the side and Whoopie, Joy and Sharri making faces at each other. They were terribly disrespectful during the whole interview especially Whoopie with the slavery comment, are you kidding me? Seriously was that really necessary. Get over yourself already and well to use a lefty phrase MOVE ON!!!!

They never treated him like that in the past. I think they probably don't like this NEW John McCain. In fact, in the past Joy seemed to really like and joke around with him. I mean she did not agree with him but she seemed to genuinely like him. Whoopie seemed to genuinely like him too. In fact, she seemed friendlier to him last time than she did when Obama was on the show. I think the reason McCain agreed to do the show again is that they were always friendly with him before. However, now that he has decided to win at all costs (really hateful ads that are absolute lies..not stretching of the truth..absolute lies) they may have lost that good feeling towards him.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3197077;
    EH is not compassionate. She is snarky, insulting and just plain ignorant. She has no thoughts of her own. She lives to repeat the talking points of the Karl Rove machine and gets her daily talking points each morning so she can perpuate the lies daily. When she gets cornered and caught on her lies, she cries like a baby. I am so sick of her and the likes of her.

Don't forget Hannity. She watches Hannity every night. Then she returns to work the next morning to recite the new talking points.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3197167;
    I just finished watching today's show, and I've got two comments.

First, if Tim Hasselbeck is not going to get picked up by any other NFL team, I hope he can find some sort of retirement league to play in. He has GOT to get his shoulder pads out of their closet. Elisabeth clearly woke up too early and got dressed in the dark, mistakenly putting them on under her clothes. The look just didn't work for her.

And I feel cruel and slightly evil for saying it, but after watching Barabara's performance throughout the show today, if I read on Monday that she either went into rehab for a pill addiction, or was hospitalized with a stroke or other brain injury, it would not surprise me in the slightest. There are times I've liked her and times she's driven me nuts, but something about her just was not right today. It was kind of scary it was so odd. I have never ever seen her spew such venom in questions, or at the nerve of a guest to answer them. Between that, and the totally out of line politically incorrect comments, I'd prefer to believe that somehting was medically wrong with her as a way of justifying the whole thing.
    You won't see me taking up for Barbara either! I can barely watch the show when she is on. In fact, I have to fast forward through her parts. The only one on the panel that I like is Joy. Whoopie is okay but sometimes she gets on my nerves. Sherri and Elizabeth need to pack their bags. This show went downhill the minute Meredith left. I can't believe I'm saying this but even Star (before she lost her mind about getting married) was an improvement compared to the current panel. They had a good mix when Meredith, Star and Lisa Ling were on there. It was made better during that time because Barbara was busy on 20/20 and was not there that often.

I liked the panel when Meredith was there and when Star was still rational. I also liked Lisa too. It seemed like they covered more variety in topics then and talked slightly less over each other then.

The other thing about Barbara's comments detailed some posts back:

Those are things one might say to a very good friend who understands your sense of humor and stance on the issue(s). But they are not comments to say on a major network's talk show. Barbara is old enough (and then some) to know better.

I don't have an opinion of Lisa Ling because as I've said before, I tuned out on this show a long time ago except for occasional peeks to see if it's gotten back on track since Meredith left.

And I can't tolerate Joy (eeeesh!). LOL.

IMO this show needs to have an entire panel of non-B's.

Are Elizabeth's Days Numbered on The View?????

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Are Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s days on ‘The View’ numbered?

Rosie says that Elizabeth is the favourite of Bill Geddie, the Viewmaster. I doubt very much Liz is going anywhere, anytime soon.

FORT Fanatic

I totally missed the "white people" comment! I do remember the constitution comment but was busy and forgot to pay attention to see the Whoopi/Barbara exchange. Darn!

Anyway, one thing that surprised me during the interview was Elisabeth's lack of involvement. She barely spoke up when her beloved was being grilled. I actually looked at the TV to see if she was still there (I normally just listen while doing other things).

IdolCanadien - thanks for the link to that article. It brought up a good point - the panel is skewed to the left and Elisabeth is a weak rep for the right. They need to bring back that one guest, can't remember her name but I think she was blond and one of Barbara's family friends. While I didn't agree with her view she presented it calmly and rationally and it was actually nice to listen to a logical debate and not one fraught with emotion. A lot of Elisabeth's arguments seem to stem from her belief that louder & repetitive wins over rational and fact based. At times it's almost like arguing with an irrational child over bedtime, neither cares what you're saying they only care about getting what they want.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien;3197945;
    Are Elizabeth's Days Numbered on The View?????

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Are Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s days on ‘The View’ numbered?

Rosie says that Elizabeth is the favourite of Bill Geddie, the Viewmaster. I doubt very much Liz is going anywhere, anytime soon.
    Maybe it was a confusion of pronouns, but that article seemed to be saying that EH had had more abortions than she could count. Surely they meant to say that EH was saying that BW had had the abortions?

+ Reply to Thread