+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fanatic

Re: The View

What almost the worst was Babs not even looking McCain in the face but staring constantly at the prompter off to the side and Whoopie, Joy and Sharri making faces at each other. They were terribly disrespectful during the whole interview especially Whoopie with the slavery comment, are you kidding me? Seriously was that really necessary. Get over yourself already and well to use a lefty phrase MOVE ON!!!!

EH is not compassionate. She is snarky, insulting and just plain ignorant. She has no thoughts of her own. She lives to repeat the talking points of the Karl Rove machine and gets her daily talking points each morning so she can perpuate the lies daily. When she gets cornered and caught on her lies, she cries like a baby. I am so sick of her and the likes of her.

I am thankful that the one minute of the show was EH getting the McCain's anniversary # (length of marriage) wrong--I thought she was their robot???

It's a good thing that the one minute that I saw of this show wasn't Barbara's incredibly un-PC comment. I would be calling, writing and emailing ABC and the show runners (whoever they are, probably Barbara and her underlings).

I'm also glad I missed Whoopie's slavery comment, and she is the only co-host for whom I have a smidgeon of respect. Will someone please detail Whoopie's comment, and the context? Just so I will know if the whole panel needs replacement (LOL).

As for the talking/shouting over each other and GUESTS, and the face-making, it would be hard to be less professional except wait, too late (see above).

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3197091;
    I'm also glad I missed Whoopie's slavery comment, and she is the only co-host for whom I have a smidgeon of respect. Will someone please detail Whoopie's comment, and the context? Just so I will know if the whole panel needs replacement (LOL).
    In a nutshell - McCain was nattering on about the constitution and how he was committed to following it "in the spirit our forefathers intended" (in regards to Roe vs. Wade, because Elisabeth had asked him if he or Palin would work to overturn it). Whoopi said something to the effect that she hoped he wasn't talking about following the constitution to the letter, because there were things in it originally that had to be changed, and if McCain was so invested in following the constitution did that mean that she had to worry about being enslaved? Barbara patted her leg and said something like "you aren't being sent back to the plantation" and then, because Sherri looked horror-stricken (but was silent) made the "us white people will take care of you" remark.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

That entire exchange was insane.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3197117;
    McCain was talking about how he wants to put judges on the supreme court that can interpret the constitution the way it was intended. Whoopi asked if he wanted strict Constitutionalists. When he elaborated she asked if she had to worry about being a slave.
    Thank you so much!

I'm not an expert on the U.S. Constitution, but a friend of mine has said that some of it has been misinterpreted in more modern times. I'm pretty sure he meant that some people have tried to justify their actions by citing the Constitution erroneously.

I did a quick research and the 13th Amendment to the Constitution abolished slavery (1865). So perhaps Whoopie's comment was not out of line? IOW, maybe she was trying to get McCain to elaborate on whether he meant "the Constitution + amendments" or "the Constitution - amendments"?

I don't know, I would have to view it, but I don't want to view it.

I tried to edit my 2nd previous post but it didn't work (maybe a time limit on editting?), so apologies for lack of clarity.

And now I'm having error messages finding the site, and I want to quote and reply to AJane (thanks for the additional details). I'll try again in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3197125;
    Thank you so much!

I'm not an expert on the U.S. Constitution, but a friend of mine has said that some of it has been misinterpreted in more modern times. I'm pretty sure he meant that some people have tried to justify their actions by citing the Constitution erroneously.

I did a quick research and the 13th Amendment to the Constitution abolished slavery (1865). So perhaps Whoopie's comment was not out of line? IOW, maybe she was trying to get McCain to elaborate on whether he meant "the Constitution + amendments" or "the Constitution - amendments"?

I don't know, I would have to view it, but I don't want to view it.
    AJane explained it better than I did.

No matter what side you are on politically or whether you prefer minty floss to cinnamon... I cannot stand it when a guest comes on any show and gets talked over or when questions are asked and they aren't able to get a word in... I used to watch The Vew every day years ago... But it's so political now by both groups that it's too exhausting for me to watch. Not everyone watching is liberal or conservative... I don't want to be preached to, I don't want to watch a host roll their eyes/ make faces at a guest, show some respect regardless of your beliefs. I don't want to watch a crying fest of emotional bobble heads pretending they know about life and they are only in their 20's-40's. And to add to my pet peeves because my soap box is starting to creak, what the hell happened to B. Walters? Her journalistic crown has been sold online on ebay. She needs to stay doing the pre-academy award show of the top ten amazingly vapid hairless people and be done with the View.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

FORT Fogey

I just finished watching today's show, and I've got two comments.

First, if Tim Hasselbeck is not going to get picked up by any other NFL team, I hope he can find some sort of retirement league to play in. He has GOT to get his shoulder pads out of their closet. Elisabeth clearly woke up too early and got dressed in the dark, mistakenly putting them on under her clothes. The look just didn't work for her.

And I feel cruel and slightly evil for saying it, but after watching Barabara's performance throughout the show today, if I read on Monday that she either went into rehab for a pill addiction, or was hospitalized with a stroke or other brain injury, it would not surprise me in the slightest. There are times I've liked her and times she's driven me nuts, but something about her just was not right today. It was kind of scary it was so odd. I have never ever seen her spew such venom in questions, or at the nerve of a guest to answer them. Between that, and the totally out of line politically incorrect comments, I'd prefer to believe that somehting was medically wrong with her as a way of justifying the whole thing.

+ Reply to Thread