+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1525Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I so want to smack Babs right now. She asks Senator McCain a question then doesn't let him answer. It is rude when they talk over each other during Hot Topics, and I find it extremely rude when you talk over the guest.

FORT Fogey

Barbara was vry rude. She was barely giving Senator McCain a chance to speak when she asked how Governor Palin could change things.

I don't think Sherri appreciated the "we white folks will take care of you" comment from Barbara.

Also not impressed at McCain's discomfort when discussing Roe vs. Wade. "Let's move on"? He seemed afraid to assert himself as pro-life after the boos he got from his comment that he thought it was a bad decision.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3196804;
    I so want to smack Babs right now. She asks Senator McCain a question then doesn't let him answer. It is rude when they talk over each other during Hot Topics, and I find it extremely rude when you talk over the guest.
    This has always, ALWAYS been my number one annoyance with the likes of BW and Larry King for that matter. Why ask a question of a guest if you have no intentions of shutting your yap long enough to hear the answer???? What is the point? How can you be so hell-bent of spewing out your questions that before the person is even finished giving the answer, you're talking over them asking the next question?

Haven't watched todays episode of the View yet, but have taped it on PVR. But am already not looking forward BW's constant interrupting of others as she waves her hands in their faces.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3196337;
    I find this whole supposed Michelle Obama thing to be ridiculous. Elisabeth did absolutely nothing wrong.

Elisabeth is a wonderful, compassionate lady. She does a great job of standing her ground day in and day out against the rest of the panel.
    I have yet to see Elisabeth "stand her ground", unless standing her ground is whimper, whine, cry and pout till you get someone to feel sorry for you.

The 'supposed' Michelle Obama thing.. I too found it ridiculous.

I found it ridiculous that EH would stoop to such childish tactics. To me it was as if she felt the need to act out while the 'adults' were not around. That was one of the first lessons my mother taught me.. and I taught my child.. don’t try to make yourself look better by tearing down others. That is exactly what she tried to do. I would love to see EH interview Cindy Crypt Keeper and see if she asked the hard hitting questions like “so what was it like to be the other woman in John’s divorce” or “How exactly DID you get hooked on Percocet and Vicodin.. how exactly were you stressed over Jon’s involvement with the Keating Five?” “Can you give us more insight to the firing of the AVMT that discovered your drug use?” Yeah I am sure that Cindy had that on her list of approved topics..

There is such a thing as class and another called decorum... EH needs to look them up and try to put them in to that whimper, whine, pout rotation that she has going and see which ones will earn her the respect that she so desperately and obviously wants. The EH debate is old and its beginning to feel like beating a dead horse.. she has simply become something to look on dlisted or perez hilton and laugh at after she makes a stupid comment on the show or when she is out on her own with out her minders.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

The show was great today. They did a better job than most interviewers in asking the questions. Whoopi was especially effective and I love how she can make her points without screaming, whining or getting emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3196808;
    Barbara was vry rude. She was barely giving Senator McCain a chance to speak when she asked how Governor Palin could change things.
    Good! He is a liar and does not deserve the air time. I absolutely can't believe I'm making a negative comment about McCain. The looked forward to the general election because it would be between two men that I liked and respected. However, then McCain turn his campaign over to Karl Rove's people and lost all of his integrity. I now see he will allow the campaign to say or do anything in order to win. I say good for THE VIEW hosts for not allowing him to spread his lies unchecked.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz;3196977;
    Good! He is a liar and does not deserve the air time. I absolutely can't believe I'm making a negative comment about McCain. The looked forward to the general election because it would be between two men that I liked and respected. However, then McCain turn his campaign over to Karl Rove's people and lost all of his integrity. I now see he will allow the campaign to say or do anything in order to win. I say good for THE VIEW hosts for not allowing him to spread his lies unchecked.
    Huh? Why would you invite someone on a show and then not let them talk--not let them answer questions. It's not like he was a surprise guest and she tried to shut him up.

If you are going to have any guest on whether it be a Senator running for President or Emeril cooking bacon, you need to let them speak. Let them answer your question.

The incessant talking over each other makes it look like a bunch of people who have too much to say and no respect for each other. I want to listen to their views, I just can't hear them - they're too rude.

BW is so out of touch anymore she makes my skin crawl. I can't believe she said "us white folk will take care of you". I know it was in jest, but still uncalled for.

Exactly, marybeth.

Plus, let him talk and let the people decide if they want to believe what he says or not.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz;3196977;
    I can't care less abuot her cutting him off.. it was Babs being Babs.. I was more shocked at the 'let us white folks take care of you' comment she made to SS and Whoppie.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread