+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3194743;
    Exactly. Barbara's had egg on her face too many times in the last couple of years due to nasty incidents. It is not surprising to me in the least that they haven't discussed this on the show.

In fact, it's even MORE telling that they haven't discussed it, as they always like to make fun of themselves or the others when they make the news.
    Maybe they haven't discussed it because to them it is a non issue. Maybe they all agreed that the day with MO was exactly as EH said and that is that.
    Not everyone thinks EH is always wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3195265;
    Maybe they haven't discussed it because to them it is a non issue. Maybe they all agreed that the day with MO was exactly as EH said and that is that.
    Not everyone thinks EH is always wrong.
    JMO, but I doubt it. They've always openly talked about these kinds of issues in the past... every woman has had issues and comments outside of the show that they've discussed and clarified. They've discussed Elisabeth's performances and comments on Hannity's show before. And they've always put out clarifications and show opinions before. They've never completely ignored them. To think that they're doing so now because it's a non-issue to them? Based upon past history... highly unlikely.

And you're absolutely correct and I've never said otherwise... some do not believe Elisabeth is always wrong. I don't even think she's always wrong. I just find her extremely unlikeable. There's a difference.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

I think that this one is more of a behind-the-scenes thing than an example of one of the women just making comments elsewhere though. Yes, if Elisabeth says something to Hannity, or Joy to Larry King, they will discuss it further on their show. But the behind the scenes stuff, they really have not addressed much at all on the show. Barabara only made brief, prepared statements about things like Rosie's departure or Starr's departure, and that was just because the absence of someone who is there all the time is noticed. But when things have happened like the reports of the women scoffing at Starr's lies about her weight loss, or fights in the make-up room with Rosie, it's gone unmentioned on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3195513;
    But when things have happened like the reports of the women scoffing at Starr's lies about her weight loss, or fights in the make-up room with Rosie, it's gone unmentioned on the show.
    So basically their modus operandi is to turn a blind eye to out and out rudeness from the panel. That absolutely explains their apparent obliviousness with respect to EH's rudeness.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I find the idea hilarious that they do have some line of rude that apparently they won't cross.

I wish Whoopie had more of an opportunity to speak. I enjoy hearing her views and she is always respectful of the others. I am really sick of listening to all the shouting over one another, and I haven't even watched this show that much.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3195669;
    I wish Whoopie had more of an opportunity to speak. I enjoy hearing her views and she is always respectful of the others. I am really sick of listening to all the shouting over one another, and I haven't even watched this show that much.
    I agree on hearing Whoopi more, but think that part of that comes with being the moderator. If you pose the question and then give your answer, it kind of cuts off contributions from other people. So I can understand why she stays quiet as often as she does.

While I don't mind them shouting over each other -- I think that is a normal part of discussions with that many women involved -- I have to admit that I'm REALLY tired of them having their behind the scenes fights on the show. Monday when Elisabeth was being cut off, she stopped the point being made to point out that they all cut each other off and it shouldn't all be directed to her. I agreed with her, but it threw off the rhythm of the show to argue it right then and there. That's what back-stage makeup room time is for. Then yesterday, Whoopi was moving on to a new topic, and Joy made a comment about being shut down before she'd said all she had to say. It clearly ticked Whoopi off, and she said so. Again, more bickering about the technicalities of the show. Also again, I agree with the point that Whoopi was making -- she's got to work with the flow of the show, and the other ladies need to follow along. But it cut off the rhythm of the show and should have been dealt with after the show behind the scenes.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Has anyone noticed how many times, even, BW tries to get Elisabeth to stop talking by patting her hand? So it's not just us that EH makes crazy, apparently. Of course with EH shouting, BW probably can't hear what anyone else may be saying; I'm thinking her hearing is somewhat compromised anyway. Maybe "Sister" needs an ear horn! Google that for a giggle!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3195606;
    I find the idea hilarious that they do have some line of rude that apparently they won't cross.
    That is amusing.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

I find this whole supposed Michelle Obama thing to be ridiculous. Elisabeth did absolutely nothing wrong.

Elisabeth is a wonderful, compassionate lady. She does a great job of standing her ground day in and day out against the rest of the panel.

+ Reply to Thread