+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1634Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3194397;
    . It was declared to be diva-like behavior. Michelle Obama did the same thing. .
    I don't think you can make the conclusion that Michelle Obama was diva-like, because we don't know what "actually" transpired behind the scenes. EH's comments at the luncheon were unprofessional in a public forum.

I do find it curious that the entire incident is not discussed or explained on the View at all.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3194430;
    But it would not have generated nearly as much publicity for the show.
    And that is why I believe BW approved her remarks before the luncheon. And no one related to the show has made a negative comment since.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3194476;
    And that is why I believe BW approved her remarks before the luncheon. And no one related to the show has made a negative comment since.
    Were this the case, I am sure Barbara would have made a pointed effort to state as much on the View. And it would be all the more reason why the show's hosts would be speaking about it openly. After all, they would want to dispel the notion and media stories that Elizabeth is in hot water backstage wouldn't they? And I don't think Joy would have danced around the question re the luncheon incident when Larry King posed it to her last night. I was surprised with the she responded. I would have expected her to have responded in a more outspoken way. Instead, she skirted around it as though she had no idea what Larry was even talking about.

To me this incident seems like the elephant in the room that no one (i.e., the View's cohosts) wants to acknowledge.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 09-10-2008 at 01:04 PM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"The elephant in the room...." Very well put, and that is exactly what it seems to be. I was also surprised with Joy's dancing around the question, like she didn't know about it. I find that really hard to believe.
    Puh-leeeeze!!

Elisabeth seems about as good at her job as her husband seemed to be at his 'used-to-be' job.....you know, the one where he seldom/never worked.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3194481;
    To me this incident seems like the elephant in the room that no one (i.e., the View's cohosts) wants to acknowledge.

Exactly. Barbara's had egg on her face too many times in the last couple of years due to nasty incidents. It is not surprising to me in the least that they haven't discussed this on the show.

In fact, it's even MORE telling that they haven't discussed it, as they always like to make fun of themselves or the others when they make the news.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I am wondering why Barbara has been gone this week. No one has made any mention of her absence, nor was it mentioned last week that she would be gone. Curiouser and curiouser...

She was there yesterday, when Sherrie was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70;3194254;
    No, nothing was said at all. In fact, I found it unusually tame and restrained the last few days. Either, everyone has been told to keep a tight reign on topics, or everyone is too scared that it will erupt into an all-out brawl if anyone oversteps the line. Honestly, I want someone to address EH luncheon comments. Joy was on Larry King tonight and acted like she did not know who or what EH was referring to at the Cindy McCain luncheon. Hello???? something fishy is going on.
    Yes, I saw Joy Behar on Larry King, also, and she seemed pretty clueless about the whole thing.
    As far as EH, I liked her when she was on Survivor as she seemed really sweet and had forged the relationship with the older gentleman. EH seems to keep digging herself in deeper and deeper these days. Maybe her 15 minutes will come to an end?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Not if Sean Hannity has anything to do with it. He thinks she's the best thing since sliced bread. Whatever.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

EH is a twit and I refuse to watch the View until she is gone.

+ Reply to Thread