+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657971475471047 ... LastLast
Like Tree1561Likes

Thread: The View

Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    I think Elisabeth is capable of being equally as abrasive as Rosie, you should have seen her behaviour with Sandra Bernhardt this morning.
    She immediately showed her prejudices imo, Sandra is a lesbian and a Democrat (just like Rosie), if the way Elisabeth behaved is a measure of how she will interact with Rosie, I say she needs to go now.

Sure, Sandra called her "honey" when trying to make a point, but imo she didn't do it in a derogatory way. Elisabeth fired back not to call her honey and of course started listing all the supposedly wonderful things Laura Bush has done since becoming first lady (Sandra's opinion of Laura Bush was that she's "heavily medicated" and of course Elisabeth has continually shown herself to be completely humourless).
    Sandra did get in the last word by saying how ironic it was that Laura Bush is such a supporter of education when her husband cuts the education budget.
    I found Elisabeth to be really rude. She needs to get used to people not agreeing with her opinion of the administration and learn how to state her opinion without snapping like a petulant child.

If they're having a clean out now Meredith has gone, Elisabeth should be right behind her. Not because I don't agree with her politics, but because she's a rank amateur when it comes to both tv presenting and making her points in a mature manner.
    You want a Conservative point of view, fine, just get someone who has a greater degree of maturity to give it.
    Of course this is just my interpretation of events as someone who can't stand Elisabeth
    Well you know how it is, you sit through days of that tripe and the one day you decide to mow the yard, something interesting happens.

I like Sandra, and would have enjoyed watching the exchange. Wouldn't it have been hilarious if, when Elisabeth said not to call her honey, Sandra would have said "sorry but I don't believe I know your name"?

I like Elisabeth but have often felt that she's out of her depth there. Maybe she needs a teen show about clothes or something.

Meredith leaving is a huge shakeup, no doubt about it. I really don't expect the show to survive much longer once the shuffling around starts. If there is constant bickering, I'm out.

Oh, and if anyone remembers, I have mentioned more than once that Laura Bush seems to be on serious tranquilizers. She has that vacant, half smile that just never changes. I've waited for her to start drooling on herself.
    Last edited by Muduh; 06-17-2006 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Well you know how it is, you sit through days of that tripe and the one day you decide to mow the yard, something interesting happens.

I like Sandra, and would have enjoyed watching the exchange. Wouldn't it have been hilarious if, when Elisabeth said not to call her honey, Sandra would have said "sorry but I don't believe I know your name"?

I like Elisabeth but have often felt that she's out of her depth there. Maybe she needs a teen show about clothes or something.

Meredith leaving is a huge shakeup, no doubt about it. I really don't expect the show to survive much longer once the shuffling around starts. If there is constant bickering, I'm out.

Oh, and if anyone remembers, I have mentioned more than once that Laura Bush seems to be on serious tranquilizers. She has that vacant, half smile that just never changes. I've waited for her to start drooling on herself.

Yep, not the day to do yard work that's for sure.
    If Sandra hadn't been calling people honey throughout the interview then I could see why Elisabeth might feel she was patronizing her by doing so at that point.
    She's far too aggressive when people don't agree with her, she has no sense of humour about politics and acts like an embarassed school girl whenever anything remotely sexual is mentioned and acts like a moron whenever they do any fashion or gadget related items.
    I think she's an appalling fit for this show.
    I do think it's great that she stands her ground, but she's so misinformed (imo) and (also imo) just seems to be parrotting back whatever the latest Republican spin of the day is.
    I strongly doubt she's ever had an original thought.

Joy actually got up and walked off when Elisabeth snapped back at Sandra.
    She did it in a jokey manner, but it was an embarassing moment and I think Joy herself looked a bit embarassed.

As for Laura Bush, wasn't she raised a Democrat?
    Just like Elisabeth, so she truly is a role model for her I guess.

Don't know about Laura, but I do know that Hillary was raised a REPUBLICAN.

I wanted Elisabeth on the show for balance, more or less, but it really isn't working lately. I still think she might be good in the right situation but this is no longer it.

She does seem to be a prude, but that last gal they had, announcing that she always carried condoms was a big turn off for me too. Somewhere there has to be a happy medium.

I wish I could see a tape of the Sandra/Elisabeth encounter.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Say what you will about Elisabeth being so-called "abrasive"...I honestly think that any of those women mentioned (Rosie, included) could chew her up and spit her out at will. They've just been very mindful of the television environment and, after all, Sandra was a guest; I honestly think she could have made mincemeat of her if she wasn't so well-mannered. Elisabeth is out of her league and doesn't even know it!

I don't think Joy was embarassed, I think she called herself being funny!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Oh,I don't doubt that for a second.....any of those women could chew out Elisabeth (the pin-head) and spit her out anytime they wanted to.....television is what saves her butt!

Maybe abrasive has a different meaning than what I think. To me, being abrasive actually has no connection to who could "chew her up and spit her out". The fact that she rubs people the wrong way doesn't mean that they are going to jump on her or anything. It just means tht she's irritating to them. I'm sure that more than one guest, and all the other women on the show, have had occasion to want to smack her into next week. I have felt that way several times myself, but surely no more often than I've wished that I could slap Star out of her chair. I've even felt the same about Joy and Barbara a time or two, but not nearly to the degree that I do the other two.

Star just announced that she is not coming Back next year

I just saw that. She said that the show is going in another direction and she has decided to leave. Now if Joy and Elisabeth decide to jump ship, Barbara and Rosie can sit there and try to come up with something, anything, to talk about.

I feel that The View is now living on borrowed time. The tenth year will probably be the last.

Oh, and Star seems to be leaving very soon. Mid July, did she say?

yeah, mid July, Personally I'm glad she's leaving, I may be one of the few but I like Star, and I think she deserves better than the way she has been treated lately. The show has been sooooo boring lately since Meredith left
    and Star has looked like she really does not want to be there anymore and with rosie coming (after pubicly callling Star a bitch on national TV and Joy standing right beside her and laughing) I'm sure her she just wants to get out.

Oh my, I missed th bitch thing. That sounds like it was uncalled for. I can't help but wonder if Barbara hired Rosie just to clean house. Personally, I don't see Rosie as any kid of fit for the group and feel that it may turn into a three "man" show with Elisabeth leaving soon, and only Barbara and Joy there to welcome Rosie.

+ Reply to Thread