+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: The View

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: The View

As someone who usually supports Elizabeth (even though I don't agree with most of her viewpoints) I have to say I was appalled by the comments she made about Michelle Obama at the Republican dinner. I suppose she was probably feeling all "brave" because she was amongst her fellow republicans. Still, her comments only made her look silly, not to mention extremely petty.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fanatic

Really? I found them more interesting and informative, very telling actually. Had they been said elsewhere maybe but there I got it.

Elisabeth broke one of the cardinal rules of interview shows... you do NOT snark about your guests behind their backs. It doesn't matter whether there was a political cause or not. You just do not talk about your guests, their demands, their behind the scenes personalities, etc. To use it for laughs and to forward a political agenda in that type of forum is even worse, especially when on camera.

The risk is now going to be whether or not the show loses interviewees because of it.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

That is EH in a nut shell. Brave among her RW friends, snarky when she can

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3193840;
    Elisabeth broke one of the cardinal rules of interview shows... you do NOT snark about your guests behind their backs. It doesn't matter whether there was a political cause or not. You just do not talk about your guests, their demands, their behind the scenes personalities, etc. To use it for laughs and to forward a political agenda in that type of forum is even worse, especially when on camera.

The risk is now going to be whether or not the show loses interviewees because of it.
    And she was there what, in June? It looks petty to still be seething about it. If she was vetoed on the show from bringing up whatever issue she had with Michelle, it looks personal to be bringing it up now.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

It's more than a bit scary that Elizabeth could go from Survivor contestant to co-host of "The View" on ABC to hostess of the Republican candidate's wife's campaign luncheon.

Yes, I know I left some other accomplishments out, but still. She's bad enough as entertainment without gaining power or validation.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And won't it be interesting if she has to meet Michelle Obama in a public (or private, for that matter) setting in the future. Geez......I think that was pretty stupid and unprofessiona, and unnecessary.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 09-10-2008 at 01:28 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular

EH was disingenuous. Maybe Cindy didn't have a list of topics that couldn't be discussed, but EH certainly didn't ask her about stealing drugs from her charity to feed her addiction. Maybe there was an 'understanding', so nothing had to be said.

I can also see Elisabeth skewing the facts to her advantage. Maybe Michelle Obama said she'd rather speak about herself as a candidate's wife and not answer questions about her husband's platform. I haven't seen the show this week.....were EH's remarks brought up at all?
    CYA

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3194253;
    .....were EH's remarks brought up at all?
    No, nothing was said at all. In fact, I found it unusually tame and restrained the last few days. Either, everyone has been told to keep a tight reign on topics, or everyone is too scared that it will erupt into an all-out brawl if anyone oversteps the line. Honestly, I want someone to address EH luncheon comments. Joy was on Larry King tonight and acted like she did not know who or what EH was referring to at the Cindy McCain luncheon. Hello???? something fishy is going on.

+ Reply to Thread