+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1525Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3188775;
    Babs may be a little perturbed at Elisabeth when she returns. I just heard a report on the radio that at the luncheon Elisabeth is hosting for Cindy McCain today, she stated in her remarks that unlike another wife of a candidate who also co-hosted The View, Cindy McCain did not come with a long list of topics which could not be discussed or any other input on how the should would have to be produced around her. Silly Elisabeth, only Barbara gets to reveal the behind the scenes dirt!
    I just saw a clip of her delivering those words. She looked so smug as she said it. I wonder why she didn't question Michelle Obama about this when she was on the show, instead of bringing it up when she's at a luncheon amongst her own.
    CYA

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Easy, she's two-faced.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3190910;
    I just saw a clip of her delivering those words. She looked so smug as she said it. I wonder why she didn't question Michelle Obama about this when she was on the show, instead of bringing it up when she's at a luncheon amongst her own.

Probably because she was not allowed. When the show did the behind the scenes show, we saw that they had to negotiate with he Lohans about questions not to be brought up, and how to handle it. So guests providing limitations on questions is not all that unsual (as it is not for any talk show). So if the producers make the deal that some topics are off limits, than the hosts have no choice but to abide by the deal the show has made.

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78;3190581;
    I loved the show with Chelsea today I wish she was on everyday. It certainly is a lot more fun and relaxing without EH. The constant arguments stress me out.
    I agree that the constant arguments and yelling over each other get old real fast, but the show is called the View and I assume that means views other than just my own. I enjoy hearing the ladies offer their different takes on an issue. I do wish they wouldn't shout over each other though.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3191131;
    I agree that the constant arguments and yelling over each other get old real fast, but the show is called the View and I assume that means views other than just my own. I enjoy hearing the ladies offer their different takes on an issue. I do wish they wouldn't shout over each other though.
    The occasional fight is exciting but listening to EH loose it every morning isn't enjoyable.

I quit watching the show over the summer and moved over to Kathie Lee in that time slot when I'm home. I ok with diverse view points. I'm not ok with the constant talking over people thing that they do, the interviews that aren't really that in depth or good, Barbara always sitting on her pedestal above everyone and the endless political conversations (I quit when they were still endless... not sure if they still are). I'm interested in other issues going on in the world. Just just the politics of the here and now in our country. Shoot even in our country there is other news to discuss sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3191090;
    Probably because she was not allowed. When the show did the behind the scenes show, we saw that they had to negotiate with he Lohans about questions not to be brought up, and how to handle it. So guests providing limitations on questions is not all that unsual (as it is not for any talk show). So if the producers make the deal that some topics are off limits, than the hosts have no choice but to abide by the deal the show has made.
    While she may have not been allowed to question her due to The Views parameters, I take exception to her bringing this up at a luncheon that was supposed to fete Cindy McCain. Didn't she have enough on Mrs. McCain to introduce her without dragging someone else through the mud or was a captive audience of her peers too much to pass up?
    CYA

because the twit is a spineless freak just like her hero hannity. It is how that party operates

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3191642;
    While she may have not been allowed to question her due to The Views parameters, I take exception to her bringing this up at a luncheon that was supposed to fete Cindy McCain. Didn't she have enough on Mrs. McCain to introduce her without dragging someone else through the mud or was a captive audience of her peers too much to pass up?
    Probably, but that's not the way that people behave in a political campaign. At the Democratic convention, the McCains were slammed for their number of houses. Obama supporters in the magazine world responded to the Republican convention by getting fashion experts to estimate that one of Cindy McCain's outfits was probably worth $300,000. And at the Republican convention, Elisabeth snarks over Michelle Obama being more high maintenence. That's the way its done, and those who can't stand the heat never get in the kitchen. Michlle is a big, strong girl ... she can handle it, just as Cindy does.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3191661;
    because the twit is a spineless freak just like her hero hannity. It is how that party operates

You can dislike EH and disagree with her politics, but Why do you think she's spineless? I see her as the opposite. It takes guts to put herself and her beliefs on display like she does. This is NOT to say that I agree with her.

Oh and I agree with Veruka in that Michelle Obama is ANYTHING but a weak woman.

+ Reply to Thread