+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

Yeah. Palin should do stand-up comedy. Tina Fey? Megan Mullally? She was the queen of zingers last night. Yeah....real substance. I'm sure Elisabeth will be worshipping at the altar with stooge Sherri at her side today.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3188174;
    And not to be morbid, but just being President increases one major risk factor...being shot. The VP always matters. Off topic, but Palin did a great job with her speech tonight...I totally disagree with her views based on her quotes from the past, but she didn't embarrass McCain tonight for sure. He should hope he does as well!
    Wonder if Sherri will factor that in as well as the 5 kids!
    You're right about that, but I refuse to vote for someone who I consider totally unqualified just because I think the older guy could possibly be a victim of bad health, or assassination or whatever. I liked her speech and thought she came off as being very knowledgeable. I loved when the little girl licked her hand and smoothed the baby's hair. What mother hasn't done that? You're walking into a place and the kid has a wild strand of hair and you "glue" it down. Of course, I don't remember ever licking my entire hand, but hey, she has small hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3188518;
    You're right about that, but I refuse to vote for someone who I consider totally unqualified just because I think the older guy could possibly be a victim of bad health, or assassination or whatever. I liked her speech and thought she came off as being very knowledgeable. I loved when the little girl licked her hand and smoothed the baby's hair. What mother hasn't done that? You're walking into a place and the kid has a wild strand of hair and you "glue" it down. Of course, I don't remember ever licking my entire hand, but hey, she has small hands.
    Wasn't that little girl just adorable? And she looked so serious about holding such a little baby.

I had to chuckle a little at Bristol's boyfriend (Levi?). He looked a bit uncomfortable, like... "Oh man, how did I end up here?" All this must be pretty hard for a kid that age to deal with. I hope the media and everyone will back off that aspect of their lives.

FORT Fanatic

I taped the the first day of their new season. Joy's expression was hilarious as Sherri went on and on about how being a mother automatically made Palin qualified to be the Vice-President. Joy did everything but drum her fingers on the table. She looked as though she were thinking, "I will not come out with a sarcastic comment. I will not come out with a sarcastic comment." There are lots of working mothers out there, but that alone doesn't automatically quality them for high office.

I really enjoyed today's show - as Elisabeth was gone. The ladies were able to each give their thoughts without being interrupted or talked over. It was a very real discussion panel.

FORT Fogey

Babs may be a little perturbed at Elisabeth when she returns. I just heard a report on the radio that at the luncheon Elisabeth is hosting for Cindy McCain today, she stated in her remarks that unlike another wife of a candidate who also co-hosted The View, Cindy McCain did not come with a long list of topics which could not be discussed or any other input on how the should would have to be produced around her. Silly Elisabeth, only Barbara gets to reveal the behind the scenes dirt!

FORT Fan

i can't stand the eye rolls and faces the women make when a guest such as Audrina from the hills comes on. Why even invite the guest on?

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78;3188976;
    i can't stand the eye rolls and faces the women make when a guest such as Audrina from the hills comes on. Why even invite the guest on?
    I agree. Especially Joy. If they consider the women 'bimbo' types, there is a disdain and rudeness that's uncalled for. I noted it when Pam Anderson and the Girls Next Door were on the show.

I have never thought that any of the women, besides Babs had any say about who a guest was. I've always thought that was left to Geddes and the show bookers.

Thing is Anderson & the GND and shows like the 'Hills" are popular with women. So Geddes and the bookers are smart to book them, contrary to what the panel may feel. Although, I find that Sherri is overall the nicest to the guests.
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3188766;
    I really enjoyed today's show - as Elisabeth was gone. The ladies were able to each give their thoughts without being interrupted or talked over. It was a very real discussion panel.
    That was wonderful! Hell, i was hoping they'd say that she'd been fired.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It was more peaceful today, wasn't it?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread