+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

I love Whoopi Goldberg. I just love her. I'm so glad she's on that show. And being the wise voice of reason, she deserves to be the one "in charge" as the moderator. I totally respect her for saying she's not saying anything about Sarah Palin until she knows more about her. I go beyond having respect for her in her comments about Bristol Palin. There are times I agree with her, and times when I disagree with her. But on just about every topic all the time, she is a woman who works from principles first, and develops opinions from there. I love that in her.

I am beginning to watch the show.
    Stopped watching it when Starr Jones left.
    Couldn't stand Rosie O Donnell.
    Can tolerate Whoopi, though not a big fan.
    Between her and Rosie, Whoopi is the lesser of the two evils.
    Whip It Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3186560;
    I absolutely cannot believe that Sherri actually said that Sarah Palin mothering 5 kids qualifies her to run the country and then she went on to say "John McCain is not going to have a heart attack, not going to happen". Really? How does she know this? She really lives in a bubble, doesn't she.
    John McCain may not have a heart attack but there's always the possibility. Anyone, young or old could have a illness, heart problems. His being 72 is another factor. The stress of being president ages a person twice as fast than normal speed.

Sheri, her reasoning, thinking what comes out of her mouth, somtimes I just roll my eyes too.

Last edited by graycat11; 09-03-2008 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3186560;
    I absolutely cannot believe that Sherri actually said that Sarah Palin mothering 5 kids qualifies her to run the country and then she went on to say "John McCain is not going to have a heart attack, not going to happen". Really? How does she know this? She really lives in a bubble, doesn't she.
    While I disagree that Sarah having 5 kids would qualify her to run the country, I also have to say that having two kids doesn't make Obama qualified either.

That said, I wanted to mention that I was in a toy store the other day and the new manager told me that she had taken the place of the 21 year old guy who had died of a heart attack the week before. Also, since I will soon be seventy, and have no medical problems except for arthritis, I find it rather off putting to always read that the younger people have McCain practically dead and buried. Medical issues plague many people, regardless of age.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3187452;
    While I disagree that Sarah having 5 kids would qualify her to run the country, I also have to say that having two kids doesn't make Obama qualified either.

That said, I wanted to mention that I was in a toy store the other day and the new manager told me that she had taken the place of the 21 year old guy who had died of a heart attack the week before. Also, since I will soon be seventy, and have no medical problems except for arthritis, I find it rather off putting to always read that the younger people have McCain practically dead and buried. Medical issues plague many people, regardless of age.
    And if Sherri had made that statement about Obama, I would have ridiculed her just the same. She was talking about Palin which is what prompted my comments.

I agree with you that anyone can die at any point in their lives. However, it's only common sense that someone who is 72 has more of a chance of dying than someone who is 47. I'm certain that no one wishes for McCain to die. I hope he has a long life and lives to his 90's the same as his mother. Especially if he is elected and his dying would stick us with President Palin.

FORT Fogey

I took SS statement to go along the lines of "Behind every successful man is a hard working woman" and "A man works from sun to sun but a woman's work is never done" and "If you want something done right give it to a mom to do" type statements.

As I said, I'm almost seventy. Three of my siblings have died. One was 48, one was 57 and the other was 62. Not that that has anything to do with this, except to point out that young people do die. I would hate to think that we felt compelled to vote for someone just because they were in the age bracket we felt more comfortable with. Personally I'd feel much better that in the off chance that McCain didn't make if for four years I'd have Palin to take care of things. My greatest fear is being 'stuck' with Obama from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3187551;
    As I said, I'm almost seventy. Three of my siblings have died. One was 48, one was 57 and the other was 62. Not that that has anything to do with this, except to point out that young people do die. I would hate to think that we felt compelled to vote for someone just because they were in the age bracket we felt more comfortable with. Personally I'd feel much better that in the off chance that McCain didn't make if for four years I'd have Palin to take care of things. My greatest fear is being 'stuck' with Obama from day one.
    We are all entitled to our own opinions. I certainly don't choose who I vote for based on their age. I look at the issues and how each candidates views relate to my views. I also look at the VP nominee and ask myself if I would vote for the person for president, because like it or not, there is a possibility in every term that the VP may have to step in.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And not to be morbid, but just being President increases one major risk factor...being shot. The VP always matters. Off topic, but Palin did a great job with her speech tonight...I totally disagree with her views based on her quotes from the past, but she didn't embarrass McCain tonight for sure. He should hope he does as well!
    Wonder if Sherri will factor that in as well as the 5 kids!

I gotta agree with ya, PWS! She did a really amazing job tonight - and I was impressed (although not swayed to vote for her ticket ) Should be really interesting to see the Elisabeth and Sheri drool over this one.

+ Reply to Thread