+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I absolutely cannot believe that Sherri actually said that Sarah Palin mothering 5 kids qualifies her to run the country and then she went on to say "John McCain is not going to have a heart attack, not going to happen". Really? How does she know this? She really lives in a bubble, doesn't she.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3186473;
    Just what the heck is Sherri smoking? Being a mother and in the PTA makes you qualified to run our country? I had no idea the job was so easy.
    Sheri seemed in awe of the fact that Sarah Palin had 5 kids.
    I don't know who's harder to watch on this show - Sheri or Elizabeth? Actually, Sheri makes Elizabeth look like a rocket scientist!
    Overall, I was surprised at how tame the show was today. Joy barely said a thing and Whoopi, understandably due to her own background, was very quiet. Very boring season opener. I wonder if Barbara or the producers have asked the ladies to tone things down?

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3186580;
    I don't know who's harder to watch on this show - Sheri or Elizabeth? Actually, Sheri makes Elizabeth look like a rocket scientist!
    Overall, I was surprised at how tame the show was today. Joy barely said a thing and Whoopi, understandably due to her own background, was very quiet. Very boring season opener. I wonder if Barbara or the producers have asked the ladies to tone things down?

I think they are waiting until more info comes out on Palin. Whoopi even said she did not know anything about Palin and she was waiting to learn more before she commented on her specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3186580;
    But did you see the look on Joy's face (and Whoopies to some extent) when Sherri and Elizabeth were talking?

I had forgotten Sherri's comment about how John McCain is NOT going to have a heart attack. I don't usually agree with what Elizabeth has to say, but at least she comes across as being intelligent. Sherri on the other hand.....

FORT Fan

Off topic. I cringed watching the New Kids I think they should have retired gracefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3186560;
    I absolutely cannot believe that Sherri actually said that Sarah Palin mothering 5 kids qualifies her to run the country and then she went on to say "John McCain is not going to have a heart attack, not going to happen". Really? How does she know this? She really lives in a bubble, doesn't she.
    Well frankly the woman has five children and I Know alot of adults with the reasoning skills of five year olds so maybe she is qualified. I mean Bush is president and he is not Mensa material,so... Lets just not let her lead the discussion on teenage pregnancy,lol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by norealityhere

But did you see the look on Joy's face (and Whoopies to some extent) when Sherri and Elizabeth were talking?

I had forgotten Sherri's comment about how John McCain is NOT going to have a heart attack. I don't usually agree with what Elizabeth has to say, but at least she comes across as being intelligent. Sherri on the other hand.....

Lil Bit,
    Yes. both Joy and Whoopi seemed to be rolling their eyes. But, Joy was uncharacteristically quiet, it seemed.
    While I don't usually agree with Elizabeth, either, she does, at least, articulate her reasons behind her particular stance on a subject. Sheri just comes across as not that bright........

I hate to say it, but Sherrie is just dumb. I would luv if somehow she could be replaced with Margaret Cho. Quirky comedian, who has a political viewpoint that she can articulate well.

Elisabeth is passionate, but whenever she speaks it's like a spoiled child who has to comment on everything and cannot just let anything pass. Amy Holmes, the conservative Independent pundit would be so much better in her spot.

I can but dream...
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

I guess by Sherri's logic Ethel Kennedy should have run for president due to the fact she had 11 children. Or Marie Osmond who I think has 5 or 6. Oh wait, what about Kate Gosselin for president or vice-president?
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sukee;3186847;
    I guess by Sherri's logic Ethel Kennedy should have run for president due to the fact she had 11 children. Or Marie Osmond who I think has 5 or 6. Oh wait, what about Kate Gosselin for president or vice-president?
    "oh lordy be!"

(and marie has 8 children, actually. five of them are adopted)

+ Reply to Thread