+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1633Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

I think that Whoopi is going to have a very interesting take on the whole Palin family thing. She's always been rather sensitive to families being dragged into the public eye ... and was a teen mother herself, as well as a grandmother when her daughter was a teen.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i was a teen mother also ... granted i didn't get pregnant till after i was out of high school, but i was still a teen ... and i understand mistakes happen.

but the whole 'bury my head in the sand, only tell my kids not to have sex' does not always work. even children of very religious, right-wing parents have sex whether their parents want them to or not. when i was involved in the church, it was an eye opening experience to find out how many of my fellow christians admitted to having sex before their wedding, yet they STILL thought it was wrong to tell their kids about birth control because they thought it would encourage them to have sex also. it's like they completely FORGOT what it was like to be a young person.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3185877;
    i can't wait to hear whoopie's and joy's thoughts on how successful abstinence-only education is.
    I wonder if either of them will know someone that got pregnant from practicing abstinence?

Are they still on haitus?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The new show is starting now!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Just what the heck is Sherri smoking? Being a mother and in the PTA makes you qualified to run our country? I had no idea the job was so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3186473;
    Just what the heck is Sherri smoking? Being a mother and in the PTA makes you qualified to run our country? I had no idea the job was so easy.
    I'll have to tell my sister that she could put Allegheny Schools on the map.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3186473;
    HAHAHAHAHAHA Seems like Sherri just got a taste of taking care of her own child and has a new respect for mothers. LOL She was an Obama girl but perhaps now she will switch to Palin. She seemed in awe of the mother of 5 thing........

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz;3186484;
    HAHAHAHAHAHA Seems like Sherri just got a taste of taking care of her own child and has a new respect for mothers. LOL She was an Obama girl but perhaps now she will switch to Palin. She seemed in awe of the mother of 5 thing........
    Well, I'd have to say that I'm in awe of anyone who is raising 5 kids too, especially in this economy.

FORT Fanatic

seriously, what is the deal with couples/parents who want 4 or more kids?

regarding today's show...they are all just talking over each other in a predictable way. i think i've FINALLY have had my fill of this show [after probably 9 years of it], and am off to the coffee shop to read.

+ Reply to Thread