+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1427Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Originally Posted by my3boyz
    This show started going downhill the minute Meredith left. She was the glue that held the show together. They also made a huge mistake replacing Lisa Ling with Elizabeth.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3170192;
    I couldn't agree more. Meredith was the sensible one who kept the show balanced, in my opinion.
    Yes, how I dislike Elisabeth. She is very aggressive.

Agreed about Meredith's exit sent the show on a downhill slide with no end in sight. But her talent is better utilized on NBC Today, and even Millionaire. I can't see any of the current View hosts being able to manage on either show.

I channel-surfed accidentally to The View today, and they were just finishing interviewing 3 Kardashians (UGH!). Kim actually called herself a Glamazon (double UGH!). Not sure how many days they have been pretending to be an entertainment show (with dancing/singing production numbers and multiple perfomance guests; unfortunately I saw a few minutes of that train wreck yesterday) on location in Las Vegas, but triple UGH!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

New shows start Tuesday.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3180308;
    Originally Posted by my3boyz
    This show started going downhill the minute Meredith left. She was the glue that held the show together. They also made a huge mistake replacing Lisa Ling with Elizabeth.

Yes, how I dislike Elisabeth. She is very aggressive.
    That's probably why they have several hosts. There is someone for everyone. I liked Meredith a lot, I didn't care for Lisa at all, and really do like Elisabeth. I think that Lisa wanted to leave to do other things. I liked the original girl, Debbie, too.

I think that Meredith and Lisa elevated the show due to being journalists and knowing how to reign themselves in, unlike the most of the other women who are all first and foremost entertainers.

I hope the show adds another journalist to the panel when someone leaves; the show needs that gravitas.

I have never liked Barbara after she mistreated Star and Rosie. Regardless of whether you liked or disliked either, Barbara didn't have the common decency to tell Star herself about her firing and basically threw Rosie under the bus.

Barbara Walters is a respected power broker at ABC. I would have expected her to be a mature, professional with integrity and be truthful & open with both women.
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

I had never really watched the show before about a month ago but now that I'm home more I've caught it a few times. I have to say, I prefer the shows WITHOUT Barbara. She talks endlessly and doesn't let anyone else get a word in. I really like Whoopie but that's no surprise. I've always liked her. I like Elizabeth too although I hardly ever agree with her. She does seem, to me, like a sincere, genuine type of person. I usually agree with Joy so it makes sense that I like her. And Sherri... meh. I can take her or leave her. She comes across as a bit dumb. I'm anxious to see some of the current shows next week and see what I think of them. They should have forgotten about the trip to Vegas though. And I had to turn the channel today when the Kardashians were on. Total waste of airtime in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3180430;
    New shows start Tuesday.
    I know I just saw a commercial for it and the ladies looked great! I am really excited about seeing what new guests they are going to have on the show. I read the New kids on the block were going to be on the show and I can't tell you how excited I am about that!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

FORT Fogey

I can't wait for tomorrow to see the ladies back in action. I am sure that Elisabeth will be ready to discuss Senator McCain's choice of Sarah Palin as VP.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3185458;
    I can't wait for tomorrow to see the ladies back in action. I am sure that Elisabeth will be ready to discuss Senator McCain's choice of Sarah Palin as VP.
    she'll probably be soooooo excited!

i can't wait to hear whoopie's and joy's thoughts on how successful abstinence-only education is.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3185877;
    she'll probably be soooooo excited!

i can't wait to hear whoopie's and joy's thoughts on how successful abstinence-only education is.
    LMAO.

+ Reply to Thread