+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3161274;
    I gotta agree with you here!! Barbara Walters has lost all credibility with me in the last couple of seasons. I grew up watching her Oscar specials and celebrity interviews on 20/20 and admired her. No more... she has actually become quite laughable. I wonder if her "peers" feel the same way?
    The other sad thing (no lack of those ) is that many of the issues featured are important, but really thought-provoking and enlightening discussion is just not gonna happen with this panel of hosts (IMO, of course).

Plus, I just can't forget that Elizabeth went on Survivor (but had a bigtime sports b/f at the time, but that was downplayed), and that's how she quantum-leaped into fame to be on this high visibility show. Are you kidding me?

FORT Fogey

I never watched Elisabeth on Survivor, but loved her on "The Look For Less" so when she was hired for The View, I started tuning in.

Elisabeth is great!

Elisabeth is nothing but a RW shill who gets her "talking points" before each show so that she can spout off the latest Hannity comment.

I used to watch the show daily and tape it when I was not able to watch it live, but no more.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3161285;
    The other sad thing (no lack of those ) is that many of the issues featured are important, but really thought-provoking and enlightening discussion is just not gonna happen with this panel of hosts (IMO, of course).

Plus, I just can't forget that Elizabeth went on Survivor (but had a bigtime sports b/f at the time, but that was downplayed), and that's how she quantum-leaped into fame to be on this high visibility show. Are you kidding me?
    As SavhLaney said, Elisabeth was hosting "The Look for Less" before she got hired on The View, so she didn't merely quantum leap from a reality show to The View. However, the producers were clearly looking to reality show participants for possibilities to fill the "young" slot. Rachel Campos from Real World San Francisco was a finalist for the job at one point, and Lyndsay from Real World Seattle also auditioned. Perhaps they figured that having that sort of experience would help someone young feel comfortable on camera to be able to participate as needed?

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3161798;
    Elisabeth is nothing but a RW shill who gets her "talking points" before each show so that she can spout off the latest Hannity comment.

I used to watch the show daily and tape it when I was not able to watch it live, but no more.
    Maybe I'm a bit out of touch, but who the heck is RW? Did you mean RL?
    Susan

RW

right wing ala hannity and rush and o'riely and the rest of the group.

I would have more respect for her if she actually had her own convictions

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3161903;
    RW

right wing ala hannity and rush and o'riely and the rest of the group.

I would have more respect for her if she actually had her own convictions
    Thanks, I thought she meant Rush Limbaugh, which would have worked just as well.
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3157054;
    I think everybody on that panel has looked at Elisabeth like she has lost her mind at some time or another. Sherri most recently looked at her crazily, but I don't remember what the exact conversation was about. It was right before they went on haitus.
    Can't stand Elizabeth, but Sherri shouldn't be looking at anyone else as if they're crazy. Sherri is just plain STUPID and has absolutely nothing to offer the show. I'm still can't get over her response to the "world is flat" remark. She is self-righteous and has the nerve to say she doesn't live in "this world" (when referring to use of the N-word). She's useless.....and definitely brings nothing to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3161229;
    I think Reege and Babs are both quite full of themselves and neither one will leave the screen until it is absolutly beyond their control.
    Regis Philbin is not employed by the news division of a major network, as is BW. He is an entertainer. There is a big difference, IMO.
    Susan

I was starting to enjoy the show when Whoopi came on as she seemed to be the 1 voice of reason on the panel. Now, however, she is just starting to seem kind of bland. Barbara turned me off with all her shameless plugging of her book. Elizabeth seems to have gotten better at arguing. She doesn't get nearly as emotional as before. Joy does not come across as funny as she used to. She seems more biting than satirical. Sherry is just too ditzy to be taken seriously.
    I think the show is starting to lose its edge. It needs some updating ASAP.

+ Reply to Thread