+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Well something needs to change about this dysfunctional panel. It will be interesting to see if there are any changes in the panel members for the new season.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3157226;
    Now see I view Joy as the most intelligent open-minded woman on the show. I think she is the only one up there who knows what she is talking about without shooting her mouth off.. (ie: Elisabeth) but maybe that is because I agree with most of Joy's thinking. I can tolerate Whoopi and Sherri.
    I think you have hit the nail on the head in this debate. We are going to like the one we most agree with. The EH fans will not see her annoying habits, same with the Whoopi fans, Joy fans and Sherri fans.

Personally, I don't think they should change the panel except for Barbara. They seem almost restrained when she is on. She needs to go. It doesn't matter who is on the panel, there will always be someone that people dislike intensely.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3157369;
    I think you have hit the nail on the head in this debate. We are going to like the one we most agree with. The EH fans will not see her annoying habits, same with the Whoopi fans, Joy fans and Sherri fans.

Personally, I don't think they should change the panel except for Barbara. They seem almost restrained when she is on. She needs to go. It doesn't matter who is on the panel, there will always be someone that people dislike intensely.
    Problem is, she won't go. She and Bill Getty developed the show and she owns a big part of it.
    Susan

FORT Fogey

I think Babs will be there until they are having to wheel out to the table. She seems to be the kind of person who craves the attention of being on TV, kind of like Regis Philbin.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3156952;
    I actually really like the panel the way it is right now. I hope it stays as it is next year. I enjoy the perspective that Sherri brings being wide-eyed and new to the whole celebrity thing. I disagree with Joy a lot, and get irritated by her, but she brings her own something special to the show which I would miss if it wasn't there. Whoopi has brought more to the show than I expected -- I really respect that she doens't play the "I'm a big star, this is about me" card. And I enjoy Elisabeth's passion and her attempts to throw a conservative voice in the mix. If anything, I wish that on days Babs isn't there, they'd throw in more guests hosts when it makes sense.
    I have to say i agree with you, I love the panel as it is now! The ladies all bring something unique to the table and it shows. I may not always agree with things they they say but I have to say I really enjoy watching them! They seem to work and play off each other well! Also if one were to go I think the dynamic that they have now would be lost.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We have a friend like Sherri in our group. We finally decided to keep her and love her anyway!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3158514;
    I think Babs will be there until they are having to wheel out to the table. She seems to be the kind of person who craves the attention of being on TV, kind of like Regis Philbin.
    Yeah, but I like Regis Philbin. He's not full of himself like BaBa WaWa. Seems like a really nice guy.
    Susan

FORT Fogey

I think Reege and Babs are both quite full of themselves and neither one will leave the screen until it is absolutly beyond their control.

The really sad thing (in addition to the show being unwatchable except for some of the guests) is that BaBaWaWa used to be a legitimate reporter. I don't care for any of the hosts, to the point that they strum on my last nerve every time I try to watch this show (lol).

It's sad enough that I am going to waste some precious time (not much, though) coming up with a custom name for the show. "The Insufferably Close-minded, Relentlessly Judgmental and Bitching, Moaning, and Complaining Women Who Have Zero Tolerance of Differing Views; and They Make Far Too Much Money Doing So?"...that's a start. <big grin>

Everyone I know who even tunes in to this show (including me) says that they only watch/record if there's a guest they're interested in, and they skip everything but that guest's segment and grind their teeth through the lame interviews.

The other thing (are you listening, hosts/producers?) that's so beyond annoying, is that the hosts constantly talk/shout over each other.

What ever happened to professionalism? Oh yeah, only one of them has any relevant experience, and even she can't hack it.

/rant (whew, had to get that out!)

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3161261;
    The really sad thing (in addition to the show being unwatchable except for some of the guests) is that BaBaWaWa used to be a legitimate reporter. I don't care for any of the hosts, to the point that they strum on my last nerve every time I try to watch this show (lol).

It's sad enough that I am going to waste some precious time (not much, though) coming up with a custom name for the show. "The Insufferably Close-minded, Relentlessly Judgmental and Bitching, Moaning, and Complaining Women Who Have Zero Tolerance of Differing Views; and They Make Far Too Much Money Doing So?"...that's a start. <big grin>

Everyone I know who even tunes in to this show (including me) says that they only watch/record if there's a guest they're interested in, and they skip everything but that guest's segment and grind their teeth through the lame interviews.

The other thing (are you listening, hosts/producers?) that's so beyond annoying, is that the hosts constantly talk/shout over each other.

What ever happened to professionalism? Oh yeah, only one of them has any relevant experience, and even she can't hack it.

/rant (whew, had to get that out!)
    I gotta agree with you here!! Barbara Walters has lost all credibility with me in the last couple of seasons. I grew up watching her Oscar specials and celebrity interviews on 20/20 and admired her. No more... she has actually become quite laughable. I wonder if her "peers" feel the same way?

+ Reply to Thread