+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1525Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I wish that Babs would cut back on the number of days that she is on the show. I like your idea of more guest hosts!

Sherry simply serves no purpose for me. I'd like to see another woman from her age bracket, but a non commedienne who is from another minority and a moderate to balance out the panel. I think EH would do much better with someone who was intelligent, but not liberal. This hypothetical woman would perhaps generate more thoughtful and balanced discussions. If this show is going to continue being centered on political discussions I'd like to see some true intelligent, balanced discussions.

Frankly, I'm not sure that Sherry agreeing with EH is a good thing for the conservative cause. lol

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think everybody on that panel has looked at Elisabeth like she has lost her mind at some time or another. Sherri most recently looked at her crazily, but I don't remember what the exact conversation was about. It was right before they went on haitus.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I've never viewed Joy as grouchy..in fact, when she gives her views and opinions, I usually find myself agreeing with her on many issues. Id have to say, I've agreed more with Joy and Meredith than any..past or present.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3157095;
    I've never viewed Joy as grouchy..in fact, when she gives her views and opinions, I usually find myself agreeing with her on many issues. Id have to say, I've agreed more with Joy and Meredith than any..past or present.
    I agree with you. Joy seems happy and funny to me. Even if she is occasionally grouchy, I would be too if I had to put up with Elizabeth five times a week. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Sphere;3156492;
    I really like Sherry and I hope she doesn't leave. If anyone should leave it she be EH but Barabra just loves her, EH causes more trouble than all the other ladies on The View.
    Agree. I like Sherry too but she needs to reel it in, just a teeny bit, instead of shooting her mouth off like she doesn't think before she speaks. BW needs to give EH the boot, she is very annoying.

FORT Fogey

I think Joy is intolerable and closed minded. I enjoy Elisabeth, of course, and Sherri. Whoopi has her moments when I like her. Babs just needs to retire.

Sherri shoots off some funny one liners that do not seem rehearsed.

Now see I view Joy as the most intelligent open-minded woman on the show. I think she is the only one up there who knows what she is talking about without shooting her mouth off.. (ie: Elisabeth) but maybe that is because I agree with most of Joy's thinking. I can tolerate Whoopi and Sherri.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3157226;
    Now see I view Joy as the most intelligent open-minded woman on the show. I think she is the only one up there who knows what she is talking about without shooting her mouth off.. (ie: Elisabeth) but maybe that is because I agree with most of Joy's thinking. I can tolerate Whoopi and Sherri.
    I think that there are two definitions of "open-minded", and Joy very much falls in one of them, but very definitely not in the other.

One defintion is more of a "live and let live" or "if it makes you happy and doesn't hurt anyone, what the heck?" kind of attitude. Its more the opposite of being prim and proper or extremely conservative in the behavior sense rather than the political ideology sense. In that regard, I think that Joy is very open minded. She's goingto do what makes her happy, and wants everyone else to do the same.

The other definition would be very open to new thoughts, perspectives, and ideas from an ideological standpoint. it is more of a person that when an issue comes up, will examine all sides, think about it, and finally come to a conclusion, willing to change it if more information comes along. From an ideological standpiont, I think these people are often times classified as "moderates" from a political standpoint, because their opinions are so varied depending on what the issue is -- conservative in a few areas, liberal in a few. In this respect, I don't see Joy as open-minded AT ALL. If it's conservative or Republican, it's BAD ... end of story. For example, when they discuss taxes, Joy will spout off the same couple of facts over and over and over again to maintain that the rich need to pay more and that's all that's fair. I do'nt see a sign either in her body language or the views she expresses that the arguments Whoopi puts forward to counter her are given the slightest bit of consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by CAdreamin;3157113;
    I agree with you. Joy seems happy and funny to me. Even if she is occasionally grouchy, I would be too if I had to put up with Elizabeth five times a week. :p
    This is exactly the point I was trying to make. I have seen Joy have moments this season where she is obviously cranky, and she doesn't try to hide it. Most of the time, it is during one of Elisabeth's rants. I swear I can see her in her head at those moments.

+ Reply to Thread