+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1557Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz;3147935;
    I liked her on Survivor too. I think the show was too much for her. She did cry a lot. I remember towards the end she was so skinny and was losing handfuls of hair. I also remember thinking her relationship (meaning like father/daughter )with the older man was really sweet. I can't remember his name...
    Rodger. I liked her too on Survivor. Now, she drives me crazy.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

She's lame. There. Ha!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

This thread is not exempt from the site rules. Discussing the posters in the thread, speculating on people's motives, making sweeping statements about people here - this is all against our rules and always has been. Keep your comments to the people on the View, not people in this thread.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3147711;
    She is extemely closed minded - and you can literally see her mind shut down when someone tries to argue a different point of view. Sooo annoying! I don't appreciate closed-mindedness in any viewpoint. Democrat/Republican, Liberal/Conservative -- there is always room for error -- no one person has all the answers.
    She is closed minded, period. The movie about Bush that is coming up, they were saying they all want to see it saying they won't judge the movie hust yet, just curious about what would be said, done. EH has already made up her mind that the movie is a Spoof, I think because she knows he won't be portrayed nicely but it might be very accurate . I won't be wasting my money on this movie.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm hoping it comes out on a cable station or premium channel that I actuall have, eventually. I can wait. If it gets major buzz, I might breakdown and go to a first showing of the day. I can't remember the last time I was in a movie theater, or rented a movie. Too much reality TV getting in my way.

Regarding Elisabeth, I hope she exposes her children to different life experiences and points of view in this world. Hard to imagine that she would when she, herself, is so unexposed.

I have never been a George W. Bush fan, but I insisted that my son stay at school when he was coming to speak at his high school several years ago. What I really wanted him to see was what all went into a presidential appearance that most people never see, but he also needed to hear the man since he was a couple of years out of his first-time voting experience.
    (My son was a couple of years out of his first-time voting experience...not GWB.....but, then again, you never know! )
    Last edited by prhoshay; 07-30-2008 at 12:33 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3149181;
    I'm hoping it comes out on a cable station or premium channel that I actuall have, eventually. I can wait. If it gets major buzz, I might breakdown and go to a first showing of the day. I can't remember the last time I was in a movie theater, or rented a movie. Too much reality TV getting in my way.

Regarding Elisabeth, I hope she exposes her children to different life experiences and points of view in this world. Hard to imagine that she would when she, herself, is so unexposed.

I have never been a George W. Bush fan, but I insisted that my son stay at school when he was coming to speak at his high school several years ago. What I really wanted him to see was what all went into a presidential appearance that most people never see, but he also needed to hear the man since he was a couple of years out of his first-time voting experience.
    (My son was a couple of years out of his first-time voting experience...not GWB.....but, then again, you never know!
    )
    Thats wonderful.. and I agree.. I have seen VP Gore (and i am not a fan) and it was a once in a life time kinda thing. It also can't hurt to hear the other view point.. and as someone younger, they may take more from it and not have already formed opinions. I am glad your son had that chance.. I am sure he will remember it always.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I think at the beginning of the view there was the aim/point that 4 or 5 women were going to panel and expose all the views, not browbeat others into accepting just one point of view. I guess that has changed. I don't think there's respect anymore, that I think Meredith fostered when she was there.

I agree, famita. The respect pretty much went out the door on this show when Meredith left. I really liked her.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Meredith was not a favorite of mine. I didn't think she was aware of as much as she should have been, being the mother of 3 children. She was just a bit bland for my taste. I enjoyed Rosie; I enjoy Whoopi. I guess I like stronger personalities.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think Rosie brought the edginess to the show that is lacking now. She pushed the limits and while some don't like that, it made the show much more interesting. I hate the fake nicy nice now. I really dislike Elisabeth and her close mindeness.

+ Reply to Thread