+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1556Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Allow me to pose a question -- I remember right after the Oscars when it was perceived that Whoopi was snubbed by not being included in the past host montage. The other women made a big deal out of it, and expressed their support for Whoopi. She got emotional, choked up, and went around to hug each of them. Was that unprofessional?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3147611;
    Allow me to pose a question -- I remember right after the Oscars when it was perceived that Whoopi was snubbed by not being included in the past host montage. The other women made a big deal out of it, and expressed their support for Whoopi. She got emotional, choked up, and went around to hug each of them. Was that unprofessional?
    Extremely!

Yup!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Saw something this morning that made me realize what annoys me about Elisabeth. It's the closed mindedness. I can't stand people that make decisions about movies, books, etc. who have not even seen them and have no intention of seeing them. And they comment about that which they do not know. This is right up there with school systems not teaching the full, factual history of the United States. Picking and choosing what you like, as opposed to what is real and actual (say, as in American history, not movies)........there's just something wrong with that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

She is extemely closed minded - and you can literally see her mind shut down when someone tries to argue a different point of view. Sooo annoying! I don't appreciate closed-mindedness in any viewpoint. Democrat/Republican, Liberal/Conservative -- there is always room for error -- no one person has all the answers.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think Sherri's "food schtick" is getting corny, and o-l-d. We've seen it and seen it and seen it. Enough already; come up with something new. We've complained about BW's repeated telling of stories and little tired demonstrations (like how people she has lunch with "eat" their food by just moving it around their plates); Sherri is falling into that category, for me. It's getting to the point of downright buffoonery.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3147736;
    I think Sherri's "food schtick" is getting corny, and o-l-d. We've seen it and seen it and seen it. Enough already; come up with something new. We've complained about BW's repeated telling of stories and little tired demonstrations (like how people she has lunch with "eat" their food by just moving it around their plates); Sherri is falling into that category, for me. It's getting to the point of downright buffoonery.
    Well I don't watch the show very often so it's still funny to me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3147711;
    She is extemely closed minded - and you can literally see her mind shut down when someone tries to argue a different point of view. Sooo annoying! I don't appreciate closed-mindedness in any viewpoint. Democrat/Republican, Liberal/Conservative -- there is always room for error -- no one person has all the answers.
    I agree with this quite a bit. But I would throw out for consideration that there are most certainly many many people out there who come to pre-drawn conclusions over any movie that Mel Gibson releases these days, and I'm not sure how that is all that different than doing the same with a political Oliver Stone movie. Stone himself has said that the movie is coming from his perspective, and is not fact based. Given that, and the release date being carefully timed for the election, I'm not sure that Elisabeth going ahead and essentially quoting the director by saying it's not going to be grounded in fact is all that off-base. She did a shoddy job of arguing the point given that she neglected to mention what Stone has said. But I don't think she was THAT off-base.

What would please me is for the number of the panel to be cut and the time alloted for the "discussing" to also be cut. It's strayed away from the "view" into a free for all as far as I'm concerned. Frankly, I wonder if the only way they can get viewers to watch is with the controversy. There is SO little substance left in the greater part of the show. The discussions just are not interesting to me anymore. I frankly don't value any of these women's opinions. I'd like to see more substance put back in the new season instead of these endless free-for-all discussions. These people just DON'T represent me at all. Maybe if there were only 2 or 3 people it would be more interesting to me. I'd sure like to hear what's being told to the individuals through their ear phones. So much of the show is absolutely senseless and no true awareness comes out of it the majority of times.

Quote Originally Posted by CAdreamin;3147044;
    I did watch her on Survivor....and I liked her as I recall. Can't seem to remember her crying non-stop but I'm pretty sure the other survivors used to say that she talked all the time.
    I liked her on Survivor too. I think the show was too much for her. She did cry a lot. I remember towards the end she was so skinny and was losing handfuls of hair. I also remember thinking her relationship (meaning like father/daughter )with the older man was really sweet. I can't remember his name...

+ Reply to Thread