+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1635Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3146369;
    Anyone can have a basic opinion of anything.. and thats about all she ever has. If i ever saw her act out with real passion on an issue that was a big deal to her.. or anyone for that mater.. i'd be the first to say WOW, she does have more in her then tears. Why is the use of the 'n' word so important to her?? She hasn't ever had anyone call her, her family or children that. If all she is worried about is her children saying it.. then do your job as a parent and teach your children it is wrong.. but ALSO, and to me this is where she fell short on the topic on air, teach them WHY others may say it and they may hear it. Teaching can only come from learning
    I totally agree. As I said in an earlier post, Elisabeth cannot erase all the "ugly" from the world, nor can she totally shield her children from it. She can be that teacher for them but not if she's going to dissolve into tears when something taints her ideal of a perfect world. How is she going to be a role model of a strong woman to her children, especially her daughter? How about shutting the tears off as you pass along not only your morals but also teaching them about tolerance and diversity?
    CYA

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3146107;
    I saw it. I think that Elisabeth was well within her right to defend herself as she did. Fran was being rather rude and insulting in mocking her passion on the issue.
    I agree. I thought Fran came off very classless and childish.

Whoopi also called in, so it's not like she was totally outside the realm to call in. Fran knocked her, and she defended herself. And it took no time at all for Fran to start interrupting, talking over her, and not taking the time to listen to or respect Elisabeth's point of view. Interesting.
    Fran wanted Elizabeth to feel stupid for bursting into tears during the "n" word discussion on the View.

Folk can call Elizabeth annoying all they want (and as someone who supports her, even I find her shrill, incessant talking over others annoying at times) but she stands her ground, as is her right to do. One can agree or disagree with her if they so chose. But she has her right to her opinion just like anyone else. It's as though the Fran Dreschers of the world can't handle Elizabeth having an opinion that doesn't jive with the popular opinion.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 07-28-2008 at 10:33 AM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

It is all too obvious that Fran was nasty about Elisabeth for one reason and that is Rosie.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3146669;
    Folk can call Elizabeth annoying all they want (and as someone who supports her, even I find her shrill, incessant talking over others annoying at times) but she stands her ground, as is her right to do. One can agree or disagree with her if they so chose. But she has her right to her opinion just like anyone else. It's as though the Fran Dreschers of the world can't handle Elizabeth having an opinion that doesn't jive with the popular opinion.

Ahhh yessss........I guess it can be hard to deal with people doing to you exactly what you do to others. Pot, meet kettle.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

I have no problem with tears, what is wrong with tears? In my opinion when words fail tears flow. It is amazing that during the most violent of her on air fights the famous one with Rosie there were no tears. I felt Elisabeth was extremely passionate about the N word topic and truly upset over the thoughts presented. Why are we not allowed to be passionate and it's not like she was in a business meeting not getting her proposal accepted. It was a HOT TOPIC for crying out loud(pun intended) and wow she isn't a robot or a comedy act!
    Elisabeth like it or not represents a very real view point. Young conservative wife and mother. The others are three comedians all single and liberal.
    Fran Drescher was asked quality questions and she chose instead to focus on Elisabeths crying. Kudos to Elisabeth for calling in and addressing it.

Joy is worse than EH when she doesn't agree or like something she shakes her head and rolls her eyes or turns her back to a guest and she is horrifically uninformed on most things and her jokes are so obvious and not even slightly funny. I can't stand the sound of her voice or her inability to even listen to a guest ie Bill O'rilley she doesn't like.

Elizabeth's tears appeared to be disingenuous to me.

Croc tears? gee, really? Anyway, i slept through today's show. What were the topics.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Ouch. LOL Thanks for the summary!

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3145920;
    it's in my post on the last page. It was more about the N-word debate (yet again)

Fran said something to the effect of "What's with the crying? Is that how she wins battles with her husband?"

EH called in and said "I was busy watching Hannity & Colmes and wanted to pop in and see you Joy. And I had to express my disappointment in Fran. You speak about women's rights and you certainly wasted no time in cutting another woman down....."

I thought Fran delt with it rather well. Fran still expressed she had no idea why she was crying and said, "I dont want to fight with you and you've already made your point... endlessly" In asking why she cired, she couldnt understand, as many of us do, why she has to cry to make her points.

Fran made her point and EH ended with saying "i am not offended, but think we (her and fran) needed to walk with caution with one another and not cut eachother down"

Quote Originally Posted by CAdreamin;3146784;
    Elizabeth's tears appeared to be disingenuous to me.
    I don't like her very much (okay not even a little bit) but the tears might be real. She cried non-stop while she was on "Survivor".

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3146150;
    But you have to admit that is was a shock that she would be watching Hannity and Coombs!!
    She has to watch it so that she can prepare her talking points for the next day.

+ Reply to Thread