+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

But you have to admit that is was a shock that she would be watching Hannity and Coombs!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Elizabeth was very annoying on Larry King. If Larry was there when she said she was whatching Hannity and Colmes, he would have smacked her down. That was very tacky of Elizabeth. I also noticed in her tussle with Fran. She asked Fran the question if she would let her children say the n word. And before she could respond, Elizabeth went on a rant to answer the question her self and arguing with Fran regarding her comments about Elizabeth's crying. If you noticed the show didn't even get to one segement regarding the New Yorker magazine cover of the Obamas. And when Joy said the show had one minute to go, Elizabeth was still talking and you could see Joy's expression of See this is what I have to deal with and the reality of live TV. And Elizabeth was still yapping and didn't stop but her voiced faded as they turn to celebrate Estelle Getty's life in the last remainding seconds of the show. It seems that the producers but Elizabeth on mute while she was on her tear.

Elizabeth lives in her own self-influenced world. No one will ever be as good as her and that is how she lives her life.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3146139;
    What I don't understand is why Elisabeth was so upset by the comment Fran made about her tears when she herself had questioned the authenticity of Hillary's tears? I guess I just don't get how the two things are different. If she doesn't want to be criticized or doubted about her own passionate views - she really should not judge others who do the same. Something about throwing rocks while living in a glass house?

Edited to add -- I also think it was extremely tacky of Elisabeth to mention that she was watching a show on a competitor's channel during her call-in. More power to her to be watching another network - but very tacky and completely unnecessary to mention it in the call! Does the girl have absolutely no common sense? If I were Joy or one of the producers of Larry King - I would be royally pissed off!
    EH was calling Fran out for making such a rude and extremely uncalled for comment about the relationship between EH and her hubby.

From the tone of her voice, it sounded as though EH was making a tongue in cheek comment about her watching H&C.
    It worked! You can call her stupid, but her thoughts and opinions are talked about more then any of the other hosts.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

What I don't understand is why Elisabeth was so upset by the comment Fran made about her tears when she herself had questioned the authenticity of Hillary's tears? I guess I just don't get how the two things are different. If she doesn't want to be criticized or doubted about her own passionate views - she really should not judge others who do the same. Something about throwing rocks while living in a glass house?
    Edited to add -- I also think it was extremely tacky of Elisabeth to mention that she was watching a show on a competitor's channel during her call-in. More power to her to be watching another network - but very tacky and completely unnecessary to mention it in the call! Does the girl have absolutely no common sense? If I were Joy or one of the producers of Larry King - I would be royally pissed off!
    Exactly.. and like i mentioned earlier.. if you dont want others to talk about you or your actions.. think about things before you do them. this isnt the first time EH has pulled stuff like this. People would have forgotten but no she had to go ahead and make matters worse.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3146278;
    EH was calling Fran out for making such a rude and extremely uncalled for comment about the relationship between EH and her hubby. From the tone of her voice, it sounded as though EH was making a tongue in cheek comment about her watching H&C.
    It worked! You can call her stupid, but her thoughts and opinions are talked about more then any of the other hosts.
    A bigger person would have let it go.. and moved on and took it with the grain of salt as it was made. Fran is in comedy.. just like Wopie and Rosie and Joy.. and when ever i see her tantrums, it comes from someone who has this background.. showing me that she realy has NO sense of humor.

I dont know that we as the public talk or care so much about her thoughts or opinions.. as much as her actions and child like tantrums. Anyone can have a basic opinion of anything.. and thats about all she ever has. If i ever saw her act out with real passion on an issue that was a big deal to her.. or anyone for that mater.. i'd be the first to say WOW, she does have more in her then tears. Why is the use of the 'n' word so important to her?? She hasn't ever had anyone call her, her family or children that. If all she is worried about is her children saying it.. then do your job as a parent and teach your children it is wrong.. but ALSO, and to me this is where she fell short on the topic on air, teach them WHY others may say it and they may hear it. Teaching can only come from learning, and Elisabeth refuses to learn beyound her own little word, and on this topic that was clear by they way she would talk over and discount Sherri and Woopie. I am Italian.. and yes, i have heard people in my family call one another all the Italian slang names she mentioned.. and we never thought anything of it.. but gawd help the non-Italian that did it.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 07-27-2008 at 09:14 PM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

I believe she mentioned it because Joy blasts her all the time for watching H&C. It was kind of a silly joke between the two of them.

joke or not, it was rude and a kind of in your face moment. Twist that knife a little further. EH is a twit and will never listen to any other view points. I feel sorry for her hubby and her kids.

FORT Fogey

Sure it was rude ... kind of like Fran Dreshcer being on the show to discuss a relevant issue, and instead taking the opportunity to rudely mock and belittle Elisabeth ... and then to constantly interrupt and talk over her. I must admit, I'm kind of surprised that Fran is not facing any criticism for the talking over her thing.

Because she was asking legitimate questions and EH is the one who phoned in to gripe and try to sway public opinion to feel sorry for her.

FORT Fanatic

hey margarita - great post and insight.

+ Reply to Thread