+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 1114 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455951455451045 ... LastLast
Like Tree1491Likes

Thread: The View

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I stand by "ridiculous"!
    For you, but not for Barbara and me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Touche!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Was Barbara ever poor? I do know that dad owned a snazzy, well-known nightclub.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I just would not have talked about it.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

aga
    FORTified
    I think the family had some financial setbacks, I remember her once saying that she had to get a job to help support her family.

Also, I think the technology of doing laundry has changed since Barbara's formative years. Even if a family could afford a washing machine, not all clothes could be machine washed. Most people still hand washed their "dainties" even if they had washing machines because of the delicacy of the fabrics.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Washing out underwear while on vacation? huh?

WTF? lol!

Sorry.....not me....I don't put dirty underwear back in my suitcase....I put it in a trash bag,where I put all my dirty laundry....

You best believe that I will have enough underwear to last me while I am away on a trip and I am not going to worry about washing anything out "by hand" (not unless of an emergency of some type)....least of all underwear....if I'm reusing underwear on a trip? it is because I have washed them in a wash machine.

There are more fun things to do than wash out underwear on a trip, wouldn't you think??!!

I totally miss Meredith. I'm not too happy about Rosie replacing her because I'm not very fond of Rosie. However, I heard a rumor that Elisabeth will no longer be a part of the show once September hits. I guess that there has been way too many complaints about that annoying harpy and now ABC is eager to get rid of her. There has been mention that Marianela from FUSE will be replacing Elisabeth this coming September. If that rumor turns out to be true, then I'll be jumping for joy!

Please don't hold me to this, because it's been several years since I read her unauthorized biography, but I'm fairly sure that I remember correctly. Barbara's dad was a gambler. It was sort of a feast or a famine. Anyone who knows a gambler knows this is usually the case. Anyway, I think maybe he owned, and lost, several clubs or other businesses. I think that Barbara had to go to work at an early age to help the family.

Another interesting thing I remember from the story is that Barbara had/has, for all I know, a retarded sister. The sister went everywhere that Barbara went. The mother acted as if she wasn't retarded and insisted that Barbara get the sister dates when she had one, so they could double date. It caused a scene more than once, when the sister would do some off the wall thing, and embarrass the other three.

Now one more comment about the hand laundry. Maybe it's just an older people's thing, because I have always done it and just think nothing of it. I'm sure not about to stop now either. I can't count the number of times we've been traveling recently and seen the police searching someone's belongings on the side of the road. And it isn't as if we go on vacation and just sit around our room and wait till it's time to rinse out my panties and call it a night. How long does that take, anyway?

Anyone else wonder why if they can take Meredith's picture off the intro why can't they change Star fat picture?

+ Reply to Thread