+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1563Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I didn't much like today's show. Plastic Surgery is not my cup of tea.

I would like a breast reduction although my hubby says no

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

neil patrick harris' part on the show was amusing.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3143306;
    I didn't notice the shine from the other ladies legs, they all were wearing long pants vs. EH in her dress. SS did have some sexy shiny shoulders! Maybe SS and EH have shinier skin since they are younger. Take a good look at JB, her skin is old looking.
    Joy is going to be 65 this Fall. She looks great to me!

Elisabeth is 31.

Sherri is 41.

BW is going to be 79 this Fall.

I'd like to see what we all look like at 65 and 79. Will we look like a 31 year old or a 41 year old??? Highly unlikely, but you never know.

Oh yeah....Whoopi is 53, and is known to publicly acknowledge it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3139266;
    In my opinion, I just don't see it that way with Joy or Whoopi, though. they state their opinions or oppose Elisabeth's in a way that is NOT the mindset of an aged person so set in their ways. They can't help Elisabeth is the only conservative on that panel of women. Elisabeth has every right to express her opposing views, too. A person can't use the .."oh, she's outnumbered because she's the only one on there who isn't liberal".. She has just as much right to her views as the rest, and she gives them...over and over and over. It's not that she's "outnumbered" that gives her justice to be so defensive against the other women any more than it would make it right for Joy, Whoopi or Sherri to sit up there and get so defensive, red-faced and cry over expressing their views. It's the WAY she delivers her views. Her immediate defensiveness in giving her views on any topic for me, is a total turnoff. She is defensive the minute she starts giving her view. I think the fact the other women are such opposite in demeanor is what makes it stand out even more in Elisabeth.
    I dont mean to go back and quote an older point, but i agree. As far as its all in how EH puts herself out there. Often times EH does express feeings that many of us share, but is unwilling to listen to another side of things, or is unwilling to go beyond her normal first stance on a topic. EH is always willing to say she doesn't like something but when asked why her talk talk talk yeilds little more than a blanket "Because i just dont" answer.

I was shocked that she had the gull to call in to Larry King (when Joy was hosting) when Fran Drescher was on and made a comment about her crying. She had the nerve to try to trash Fran for making the comment by saying that she should not be cutting women down after all she had done for the rights of women. EH IS 31, but acts like a 16 year old who hasnt had enough attention that day from mommy and daddy. Adult women dont cry to make a point, grown women make their point and back it up with fact. EH fails to do this over and over and over.

If EH doesnt want strong, smart, mature women like Fran to make points about childish acts then don't do them. She, by calling in to moan yet again, just added fuel to the fire when it comes to her actions. If you are going to put something out there, be it opinion, actions, personality, whatever... own it dont be crying (ok bad pun) when others call you out on it. I love that people be it men or women can cry when they are talking about something they feel strongly about, but dont do it to win a point.

EH has become one of the main reasons i just cant watch this show much anymore. As a female, i LOVE the idea that 4-5 smart and strong women can sit around and have a show that goes beyond the typical fare of women's shows and talk about 'hot topics' in a way that brings out the opinions of women and does not discount them simply for being that they are from women.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3145205;
    Joy is going to be 65 this Fall. She looks great to me!

Elisabeth is 31.

Sherri is 41.

BW is going to be 79 this Fall.

I'd like to see what we all look like at 65 and 79. Will we look like a 31 year old or a 41 year old??? Highly unlikely, but you never know.

Oh yeah....Whoopi is 53, and is known to publicly acknowledge it!
    I agree about Joy looking great, prhoshay. She has beautiful skin at her age, and high cheekbones..gorgeous hair.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

As to the discussion about Elisabeth talking over everyone I have to ask, has any one of you watched the show from it's first episode? I watched it religiously for the first couple of years and that talking over each other has always been about the same. That was before Elisabeth came on. Elisabeth is the third "twit"(whatever that is) to occupy that chair and the others talked over each other too, just as Meredith, Star and Rosie did and Joy and Barbara occasionally do. That is the one reason that I seldom watch any more. It just got old trying to understand what the heck they were saying. I think it has just gotten on peoples nerves worse since Meredith left because she seemed to have a better way of getting things back on track than either Rosie or Whoopi have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3145541;
    As to the discussion about Elisabeth talking over everyone I have to ask, has any one of you watched the show from it's first episode? I watched it religiously for the first couple of years and that talking over each other has always been about the same. That was before Elisabeth came on. Elisabeth is the third "twit"(whatever that is) to occupy that chair and the others talked over each other too, just as Meredith, Star and Rosie did and Joy and Barbara occasionally do. That is the one reason that I seldom watch any more. It just got old trying to understand what the heck they were saying. I think it has just gotten on peoples nerves worse since Meredith left because she seemed to have a better way of getting things back on track than either Rosie or Whoopi have done.

I believe the key word is "occasionally". Elizabeth does not interupt occasionally, she completely dominates every conversation. Or tries to that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3145541;
    Yes she is the latest in a ine of 'twits' (Debbie Matenopoulos and Lisa Ling)but the difference is Elisabeth goes beyond the normal twittyness. The others were clueless but not to the point of being a spoiled brat about things.. which to me EH does. This show has aways tried to bring together women from different walks of life and different ages, which is wonderful.. but i would rather still see the 'younger' member have a brain that shes not scared to use.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

FORT Fogey

Elisabeth is fantastic! She is really the only reason to watch The View for me. She is so smart and eloquent and compassionate.

Poor ole Joy just needs to retire. Carrot Top's Grammy is way past her prime.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3145607;
    Elisabeth is fantastic! She is really the only reason to watch The View for me. She is so smart and eloquent and compassionate.

Poor ole Joy just needs to retire. Carrot Top's Grammy is way past her prime.
    eloquent ???? LOL she would have to make a point and get her words out with out whining and crying to be eloquent

+ Reply to Thread