+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I agree. This would also eliminate her incessant need to keep hashing and rehashing her point.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3141559;
    Overall, I think the show handled it very well. By reading from the book, the integrity of the show (I don't see it as being about Elisabeth) was defended. Then they gave Shirley a chance to answer to it, and then another host moved on to another subject. They defended themselves, but did not take her down in a combative way in the process.
    The only reason I assigned the issue to Elisabeth is because she had such a hard time phrasing the question. One thing that really bothers me about her is just that she doesn't seem improve her technique during interviews. She often stumbles and re-phrases questions a few times before the interviewee is given a chance to answer. I can see her mind working as she is speaking. It just seems that someone in production could help her with that - it would definitely help to make her look a bit more intelligent. Think first, then open mouth and phrase the question. Whoopi has a hard time with this as well sometimes. Pet peeve of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3140973;
    I can see calling Rosie outlandish, but Elisabeth is not inconsiderate or annoying IMO.
    Perhaps you feel that way because you agree with Elizabeth. I do agree with some things that Rosie says but she can still be a loud mouth and annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by CAdreamin;3140977;
    ITA!

Now on the subject of Sherri and all of her abortions...I'm always sad to hear about someone using them as a form of birth control.
    It makes me incredibly sad too. I do support a woman's right to choose but I don't like abortions repeatedly used as birth control(as in multiple abortions). If you are going to be sexually active and you don't want to be pregnant then you should do what is necessary to insure that you won't become pregnant.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz;3141772;
    It makes me incredibly sad too. I do support a woman's right to choose but I don't like abortions repeatedly used as birth control(as in multiple abortions). If you are going to be sexually active and you don't want to be pregnant then you should do what is necessary to insure that you won't become pregnant.
    I have to say even thought I'm pro choice. When Sherrie said she had too many to remember I was stunned and disgusted. I can't believe she would admit that to anyone yet alone the rest of the world. Can you imagine the hate mail she'll be receiving.

No matter what side of the abortion issue you're on, having more abortions than you can count is not a good thing. I'm glad Sherri has straightened her life out.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78;3141820;
    I have to say even thought I'm pro choice. When Sherrie said she had too many to remember I was stunned and disgusted. I can't believe she would admit that to anyone yet alone the rest of the world. Can you imagine the hate mail she'll be receiving.
    Well she shouldn't be receiving "hate" anything. It is ridiculous when folks spend all their time getting their panties in a twist over another's right to do what s/he wants. Those who would send hate mail should perhaps channel their energies to a worthy cause, rather anger at ones right to life ones life how one choses.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I had a friend who got to attend a taping of the view. She said that during the commercial breaks Rosie and Joy got up and went into the audience and related to the audience and were really friendly. The Twit EH sat stone cold in her chair like she was better than anyone there and no one better dare address her. My friend called her the "ICE QUEEN"

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3142088;
    I had a friend who got to attend a taping of the view. She said that during the commercial breaks Rosie and Joy got up and went into the audience and related to the audience and were really friendly. The Twit EH sat stone cold in her chair like she was better than anyone there and no one better dare address her. My friend called her the "ICE QUEEN"
    joy and rosie are stand up comedians ... they feed off their audience. i'm not surprised that they would do this.

That may be that having a comic background helps them relate to the audience, but there is no reason MS Priss EH can't do the same thing. It would help her

+ Reply to Thread