+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree977Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3140909;
    The "she" there being Sherri? Given that she was raised a Jehovah's Witness, describes herself as extremely religious, and has expressed rather staunch pro-life views on the show in the past, I'd be shocked if Sherri had had more abortions that she cares to count.
    Then prepare to be shocked.

Usmagazine.com | Sherri Shepherd: "I Had More Abortions Than I Would Like to Count"

No doubt you'll now question the validity of the comments in the article.
    I have no idea if it's true, I was simply reporting something I'd read, not using the comment to criticise or judge Sherri in any way.
    I'm sure there was more to the original article, but for obvious reasons this is the part people have chosen to pick up and report on further.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I came across this on my yahoo homepage just before coming in here just now. And like

Burning Q's: Sherri's Oversharing & TV Judge Creds - Ask the Answer Bitch - E! Online

I read that Sherri Shepherd, who once wondered out loud if the world was flat, has had a ton of abortions. Why do stars share all this? TMI!
    óMicki, New Jersey

Shepherd was spilling to a Christian women's magazine. You can't appear in one of those without sharing your life-affirming account of Jesus lifting you from the ashes. Shepherd's involved abusive relationships and, she says, "more abortions than I would like to count."

And, oh: The revelation certainly hasn't hurt the woman's profile, has it?

"Of all the people on The View, nobody pays attention to her," notes celebrity therapist Gilda Carle. "We know that Whoopi and Joy are outspoken, and we know all about crying Elizabeth. But now Sherri wants people to pay attention to her."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3140909;
    I don't have a dog in this fight. And I have no children. Two nephews I hold dear to my heart, but not a person walking this earth who I'd classify as "my girl".

My girl is a terminology that can convey sisterhood among like minded people not neccessary a familial relationship. I was offering up that I understood where you are coming from since Elizabeth is a fellow Republican. I just thought it was a distraction to throw Joy in the mix especially with the comment that she seems not to respect Republicans when that has not always been the case.
    Last edited by phoenix1964; 07-22-2008 at 05:54 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3140920;
    Then prepare to be shocked.

Usmagazine.com | Sherri Shepherd: "I Had More Abortions Than I Would Like to Count"

No doubt you'll now question the validity of the comments in the article.
    I have no idea if it's true, I was simply reporting something I'd read, not using the comment to criticise or judge Sherri in any way.
    I'm sure there was more to the original article, but for obvious reasons this is the part people have chosen to pick up and report on further.
    Not questioning the validity. I"m rather surprised, for the reasons I laid out. But I've certainly been surprised by things before, and expect to be again. And given that its a brand new revelation from a magazine on newstands now, I'm guessing that I'm not alone in being surprised at the initial rumblings.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;3140929;
    My girl is a terminology that can convey sisterhood among like minded people not neccessary a familial relationship. I was offering up that I understood where you are coming from since Elizabeth is a fellow Republican. I just thought it was a distraction to throw Joy in the mix especially with the comment that she seems not to respect Republicans when that has not always been the case.
    Given that this thread is about The View, and not an Elisabeth Hasselbeck thread, it would seem to me that a discussion which involves both women is not a distraction, but rather sticking to the topic at hand.
    Last edited by Veruka; 07-22-2008 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;3140904;
    I understand that you think the posts are picking on your girl. But right now, Elizabeth is the most annoying host on the view. I have posted things about Rosie. I thought she ran to extremes. Sometimes very insightful but other times her comments were very outlandish. And I thought Rosie is very sensitive and has a self destructive streak.

I never was a huge fan of Rosie's, but I do see now why she and Elisabeth butt heads so often. The two are polar opposites. I'll take outlandish any day over inconsiderate and annoying.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fogey

I can see calling Rosie outlandish, but Elisabeth is not inconsiderate or annoying IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3140947;
    I never was a huge fan of Rosie's, but I do see now why she and Elisabeth butt heads so often. The two are polar opposites. I'll take outlandish any day over inconsiderate and annoying.
    ITA!

Now on the subject of Sherri and all of her abortions...I'm always sad to hear about someone using them as a form of birth control.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe 1 abortion is more than Sherri cares to count?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3140988;
    Maybe 1 abortion is more than Sherri cares to count?

I doubt people would say "more than I care to count" if it were only one. Why paint yourself in a worse light.

If it were just one, she could have easily said, I had one which I very much regret...

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3140973;
    I can see calling Rosie outlandish, but Elisabeth is not inconsiderate or annoying IMO.
    Well, IMO Elisabeth is both annoying AND inconsiderate and unbending and unflexible. In that twits world, it is either her way or its wrong and that is all there is to it!

+ Reply to Thread