+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1563Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I guess for those of us who are perturbed by Elizabeth feel that it's one thing for everyone to talk over each other a few times during each show but for Elizabeth to do this constantly during each and every conversation is just too much. It feels so disrespectful to me.

Joy is my favorite. I find her to be interesting, intelligent, non-judgmental and funny. I just wish we got to hear more from her!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3140732;
    I don't think that they're talking over each other indicates anything disfunctional about group. Take a group of five women who are friends, put them around a table at a local restaurant, and try to keep them from talking over each other. It's what women do. Many of us claim that we don't do it, and that we never interrupt other people. However, those around that many of us will offer up examples of times when we've all been guilty of it. I know I'm guilty of it from time to time, and usually when I am, I odn't realize it unless someone points it out to me. I think that the group made a really good point about that yesterday. It's rather dissapointing when women behaving like women do is suddenly painted as a cat fight or disfunctional.

Darling it's call social grace and ettiquete. I go out with my girlfriends regularly and yes we have free flowing discussions and interject. But there is a social grace about it. We listen to each other before commenting and most of the time, if we aren't plastered, we let each other get a sentence out before we pounce in agreement or disagreement.

Routinely, Elizabeth injects without even listening to the others and I've heard Whoppi and others repeatedly say to Elizabeth, didn't you just hear what I said or reiterate the same thing because Elizabeth's failure to comprehend what the others have said.

And Elizabeth, except for talking about her family and family related issues, reguritates the talking points of Sean Hannity and Fox news verbatim. Word for word. Which is plagarism and someone who lacks comprehension.

In highschool we all learned to read a book and write an essay regarding the book in our own words. That little exercise taught us how to think, analayze, dicepher what was written. Elizabeth on the whole seems to lack that quality of analysis. Especially since she has not been able to veer from the Republican talking points.

Veruka, I commend you, because for the most part, your posts are insightful and reveal your own thought processes and not some Republican mantra as opposed to what Elizabeth usually does.
    Last edited by phoenix1964; 07-22-2008 at 05:09 PM.

Additionally, EH does not even recognize when her "opinions" are so way off base...does anyone remember her pregnancy begins at penetration? Heck we would all be pregnant thousands of times then. And, since I had to have a hysterectomy, I should not be having sex. Those are just two of her very misguided ignorant statements

FORT Fogey

Joy is the most judgemental one on the panel IMO. Have you ever seen her during a discussion about a parent's choice of whether to spank their child or not?

I think Whoopi was defending Britney Spears for smoking around her child because she seems very defensive about her own smoking. Obviously her attempts to quit have failed.

I think she said life begins at fertilization rather than pregnency begins at penetration, but I generally try to zone her out so I could be wrong.
    I don't want to get into a whole pro life/pro choice debate, but she did say that to her, having an abortion is the same as giving birth to a child and leaving it on the street to die, which stunned me.
    Whoopi was not too impressed with Elisabeth's views on abortion and told her she needed to back off. I did read that Sherri's been quoted as saying she'd had "more abortions than she cares to count", so I'm not sure what turn the conversation might take if the subject is raised again.
    Last edited by fluff; 07-22-2008 at 05:24 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3140783;
    I think Whoopi was defending Britney Spears for smoking around her child because she seems very defensive about her own smoking. Obviously her attempts to quit have failed.
    I do think Whoopi had a point in that pictures don't always tell the full story, but I do agree that her attempts to quit have almsot certainly failed as there's been little to no follow up on the subject.
    Her diet segments were ridiculous too, imo. She seems to eat whatever the hell she wants then offer up excuse after excuse for why she's weighing heavier than the previous month.
    They should have done the diet segment with Sherri.
    She's the one who lost weight sensibly with diet and lifestyle change.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The few times that I've been able to watch, Joy seems to want to put a joke/witticism in place of actual views. She seems like she wants a laugh, not a deep thought.

Fluff, I love you, but I remember the penetration day very well. I had not really formed an opinion of the twit before that.

I didn't realize about Sherry tho...WOW

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3140789;
    Fluff, I love you, but I remember the penetration day very well. I had not really formed an opinion of the twit before that.

I didn't realize about Sherry tho...WOW
    Then I shall happily bow to your superior memory
    It does sound like something she'd say
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

I do remember Whoopi getting snippy during the abortion discussion and now, in hind sight with this news about Sherri, would like to see that segment again to watch her input.

+ Reply to Thread